Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

stone soup posted:

24 hours out from our 3rd phizer and its p much a repeat of the 2nd dose; lots of general fatigue and soreness

really wishing we owned a dish washing machine rn lol

I got a pfizer yesterday after 2 moderna doses at the start of the year and last night felt totally fine but today am an achey slug composed 100% of titers and alternate between feeling nausea and ravenous hunger, it owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

that's my secret... Im always angry at Wait Wait

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

WaryWarren posted:

"Child Behavior Expert and Coach" lmbo

i'm the beautiful plans on the other side of fear

:theroni:

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

DesertIslandHermit posted:

People can get half-pregnant, right?

That's called an ectopic pregnancy

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Thoguh posted:

There is none, you can't meet halfway with a contagious disease.

imagine the Terminator quote but it's about a disease you can't legislate away

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
antivaxx husband of antivaxx mo state rep dies of covid but made sure to retweet babylon bee poo poo for funsies
https://twitter.com/JeffReedMO/status/1428357781564772366?s=20

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Asproigerosis posted:

That's called an ectopic pregnancy

go back to the magnet tumbler

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

WampaLord posted:

my god, a proper use of over/under on the forums

a miracle

i'll take the under

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

for about two seconds just now I seriously considered the possibility this is a simulation

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Moderna #3 achieved

I can feel myself growing larger inside my skin

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
We are already back to over a thousand deaths a day? Lol drat

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

for about two seconds just now I seriously considered the possibility this is a simulation

imo the aliens are giving us a test and we are failing miserably. they are now drunkenly joyriding their UFOs through the atmosphere since it won't matter

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

i've long since accepted that it probably is but from inside the simulation it doesn't matter, so

unless you want to try to pull a star trek plotline and be one of the genocidal malfunctioning holograms wandering the ship

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I know it’s only been 18 months but maybe we should start some Ovid mitigation efforts ?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

We are already back to over a thousand deaths a day? Lol drat

and there's no slowing this poo poo down until at least October, hope y'all got some beans stocked up

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

euphronius posted:

I know it’s only been 18 months but maybe we should start some Ovid mitigation efforts ?

sounds like you need therapy

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
shout out to all the big titers of the booster crew

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

"You're gonna ramp up the covid knob AGAIN? We already did that"

"Yeah but way more infectious this time, trust me, poo poo will be funny as hell"

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I don't understand the difference between a locust and a grasshopper

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

WampaLord posted:

"You're gonna ramp up the covid knob AGAIN? We already did that"

"Yeah but way more infectious this time, trust me, poo poo will be funny as hell"

i hope that after death we can at least see the let's play

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

WaryWarren posted:

"Child Behavior Expert and Coach" lmbo

i've taken to mocking this kind of chud for obeying the 'no shoes, no shirt, no service' signs in stores. it doesn't change their mind obviously but it's at least mildly amusing to watch their cognitive dissonance processing in real time lol

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

moist turtleneck posted:

antivaxx husband of antivaxx mo state rep dies of covid but made sure to retweet babylon bee poo poo for funsies

lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

who has the old “countries most prepared for a pandemic “ chart from like the economist

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

i hope that after death we can at least see the let's play

yeah, that would be neat

many people will find out soon!

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

euphronius posted:

i agree. Metamorphosis is boring. waste of 10 weeks of my life.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Asproigerosis posted:

locust is a state of grasshopper hth

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

Yeah he has a completely occluded left subclavian. But they keep consulting neuro every time he comes to the er and neuro keeps ordering mri/mra brain mra neck every time as if something different is going to be there.

Well yeah those tests earn money

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 369 days!

euphronius posted:

He's been dead for 2000 years

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I know a word : instar

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

moist turtleneck posted:

https://twitter.com/marisolarteaga/status/1428389744094834692?s=20

whomst among us??

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Asproigerosis posted:

overcrowding due to scarcity triggers mechanism that turns grasshoppers into locusts that swarm looking for new resources op hth. no moral!

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Lovelyn posted:

Just signed up for a booster under a fake name. What should I do if my work mandates a booster? Get a fourth? Should I try to level with my vaccinator and tell them it's my third and ask them to just give it to me under my real name? Cancel this appointment and wait 3-4 weeks for my official booster eligibility?

I'm in a similar situation working healthcare. in the next few weeks I'm just going to try and get a booster at CVS or somewhere similar under my real name and not provide my insurance card. when it comes time to demonstrate to my employer that i've received a booster i'll just send in my paperwork with evidence of the third shot. i can't imagine work having an issue with getting one a couple weeks before they are officially authorized, especially since they are already authorized for immunocompromised individuals

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
[url]https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:9m8smMAIvYAJ:https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2021/08/16/kdka-back-to-school-mask-guide/+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safari[/url]

All the white flight suburb school districts here aren't requiring masking. lmao. lol.

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

Epic High Five posted:

now that's a page that would give me confidence in the findings, I was speaking more in a general sense than about any specific study tho

idk much about China, but that reference list is an interesting contrast to one from the US CDC. the US CDC does not have delocalized groups of researchers / doctors like that - not sure if China did before 2019, or not.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

mod sassinator posted:

mock up of how 9/11's of death could be displayed in a dashboard:

(image from here: https://www.citypng.com/photo/3713/hd-world-trade-center-new-york-illustration )

lmao

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Writing a letter to Mr Sinister. Look I'm desperate to end this crisis

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Can anyone who is better at google help me figure out how to track the ICU capacity at Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus OH?

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Pretty please

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

most schools in TN have been open since the first week of August

today my niece's elementary school was closed today because of a 'water leak' lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Koirhor posted:

Can anyone who is better at google help me figure out how to track the ICU capacity at Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus OH?

This should give you overall bed utilization rates for inpatient and ICU beds. Just search for the location:

https://protect-public.hhs.gov/pages/hospital-utilization

edit: it's worth keeping in mind that there might be some small ability to increase the number of available beds based on the hospital's surge plan. it won't be a lot and staffing is an issue, but the numerator/denominator for these metrics can change almost daily based on updates to the surge plan.

Fireside Nut fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Aug 19, 2021