Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Just had a thought. In America, those who are smart are seeing an pretty great opportunity that isn't going to come around very often. In few weeks or more, you can just simply fake your own death and just disappear and get a new identity somewhere else. It's the perfect time to do so. Ain't nobody is gonna be looking too deeply

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

So I already got my third shot almost a month ago and I just got a reminder text that I'm supposed to come in for my "second" shot this Friday. I wonder if I should just go and get the 4th shot? It's not like things are going to get any better so might as well for for Turbo max titers

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

https://mobile.twitter.com/mattlargey/status/1430617419723251715

Cool cool, I wonder how long it'll be before Abbott attempt to ban all vaccinations in a bid to win his primary

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Hmm... after lying to get my "first" shot almost a month ago, I just got automated text reminding me to get my next dose of Moderna this Friday.

Should I go in and get my 4th shot or is there something that I'm unaware of that would make it a bad idea? I'm leaning towards to get the 4th shot since I'm in Texas and working in a very public space.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

McNugget Buddy posted:

The thought is that the third shot might give lasting immunity, but it'll take a while to generate antibodies. Pfizer's 3rd shot showed good antibodies against Delta after a month. Whether or not the antibodies increase/decrease/maintain longer than that, they're still studying.

No one knows, honestly. Letting your immune system build up protection without additional artificial pushes is probably a good idea.

Artificial pushes? But my body is the one producing the antibodies, the mRNA just creates the spike protein.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Now show a graph if we closed down the schools

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

After two cops died from the rona, they decided that the best policy was to just simply let the police work from home

https://mobile.twitter.com/KXAN_News/status/1432402798549868553

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

WampaLord posted:

I think I've heard isopropyl alcohol works, hell just wiping it down with a disinfecting wipe would probably be good enough

surface transmission was never the real threat

What? You don't clean your respirator mask because of Covid formites. You clean it because you are a disgusting filthy human. Your mask will accumulate oils from your skin, and depending on your activity, sweat too. All of that will lead to some real stinky masks.
Even if it's made out of silicone, you still need to clean it from time to time.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Norton posted:

i bought some n-95 masks off this site and they look like duck bills. did i forget to uncheck the duck box or something?? am i wearing them wrong? why would they make masks that have a huge pouch in the front

Oh man, you're so lucky! They're the best kind you can get.

Not even joking.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Lending more credibility to the theory that there are whoooole lot more deaths that aren't being reported.

Can't support SS if there's not enough workers to pay in

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Lovelyn posted:

For a second time this month, there's an anti-vax rally outside my hospital

this is great for morale and we all feel very safe

:(

That really suck.

What would suck even more is when you'll be taking care of those in a week or so personally.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

All those smart folks that keep on saying that a new variant won't outcompete delta is kinda being a bit too smart and focus solely on the data and isn't thinking a bit.

Delta is everywhere already. So if a variant somehow managed to mutate *and* spread enough to the point where we can detect it through genome sequencing, it means that it can compete enough with delta to be able to be detected in the first place.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

mdemone posted:

so this CDC paper is going around....

THE REASON 0.7% AND 1.8% ARE NOT STATISTICALLY SIGNIFICANTLY DIFFERENT IS BECAUSE THE 1.8% RATE IS BASED ON THREE (3) CASES

POISSON ERROR MOTHERFUCKER DO YOU SPEAK IT

I'm going to loving scream my head off

Are they using a time period of a year and 3 month verse a single month as a base of comparison?

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Wooten posted:

What is the point of wearing a mask while driving by yourself at all? Serious question.

So in case you get pulled over by a cop. I'm not gonna get shot because I was reaching for a "gun"

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Wooten posted:

Do you keep your ID glued to your forehead? There is being responsible and then there is paranoia that makes this poo poo even harder for you to cope with.

Tell me how white you are without telling me you're white.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Why are you guys even asking for boosters?

The trick is to ask for your first dose.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

I'd like to keep the doses on one card in case it comes in handy but will probably cave and just first dose it if the CDC keeps failing to do its job much longer

You can just copy the info and write it down in your other card?

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

I'm kinda disappointed in America. We just simply don't make anything here anymore. Every single variant that has been a huge deal always came from some other countries. With how so many cases we have, we should've came up with a really strong variant, but every single one we had just end up fizzled out.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

papersack posted:

I have to take a CPR class by December. Does anyone have recommendations or experience with this since COVID? The last thing I want to do is be around other people putting my mouth on dummies (saving that for Applebees). I know you can do the coursework online but not sure if there's an org doing the rest of classes in a park or something.

Go for it. It would be great to confirm once for all or not if Covid is transmitted by formites.

I mean, are you guys gonna be cleaning the CPR dummy between students turns right?

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

If anything, having a huge population with only one shot is filling me with dread. It doesn't give you enough protection and it only give the virus a perfect chance to really test out some new mutations to completely escape antibodies.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Ya know, I really hate how ghosting is a thing. I mean, I totally get it in the before times. But now I'm not sure if they're just ghosting me or if they're too sick to respond or just simply dead.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Yesterday, I just had a happy small victory. After weeks of badgering my dad, we finally got his third shot! At first he was worried about being caught for lying, he was kinda in shock at how easy the entire thing took.

Now I just have to hope that I'll be able to get my mom to do the same

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Acelerion posted:

I figured out the cvs speedrun and posted info here for others, though Im sure other goons did as well. I've unironically done more to get people vaccinated than MadJackal!

Well yeah, it's easy to do more than somebody who lied about being a doctor for internet creditablity.

Thank you for sharing those tips!

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

What the gently caress? I swear if Biden happens to die on the exact same day Trump went to the hospital, I'll crack ping like hell

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Why don't you just simply drive the MIL car? It's not like they would know who drove the car anyways.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

captainbananas posted:

who'd have fuckin guessed

https://twitter.com/dgurdasani1/status/1448933287796281365

innovating the grifting industry by disrupting the public health market

I don't buy it. This came out immediately after reports of the mysterious stealth variant in the UK.

But this doesn't explain any of the reports in India. I think this is just an attempt to calm people down because imagine having Covid ripping through your community that will never show on tests?

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Maybe that's why we're seeing so many children get wrecked by Delta lately. Their immune system is like 20 years old now instead of being 10 years old.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

So why is Merck antiviral medicine a bad thing? It seems to infer with the RNA replicating, but that shouldn't affect the DNA in anyway. Is there something that I'm missing?

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

I think I'm going to go down to my Costco pharmacy today and go full Karen on them until either they kick me out or they give in and give me my "booster" shots.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Duckman2008 posted:

FYI for anyone here, CVS’s website still has the “waiting for CDC clearance” disclaimer, but when you click book appointment it has all booster availability for all 3 (which was not there yesterday). they basically will give anyone who is 6 months past Pfizer or Moderna a booster, 2+ months if you got J&J.

i scheduled mine today, it’s at least pretty pain free.

Ah shoot. I just literally got an appointment today after work for an official booster shot.

I'm disappointed with my local Costco, they're completely full on gatekeeping the vaccines away (they even have a manager named Karen who gave me a hard time Wednesday)

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Duckman2008 posted:

weird. i mean, don’t get me wrong, they wouldn’t give me a booster until this morning when it was basically official (probably took them overnight), but now it seems fine. they’ll def check my vaccine card and dates, so you have to be in the official date range to get an official booster.

I just think whoever run my local Costco is just a full on lib who get their jollies off on denying people. They even gave my mom a hard time yesterday when she went to get her booster. Even after she is very clearly overweight (she wears a muumuu, and use a cane to walk around), they were demanding her vaccination card, and told her "Do you even qualify for the booster at all?! She has asthma and lymphoma, but they still made her read over the list of various qualifications and insisted on penciling it on and made her sign two different forms before they were like "fiiiiine, we'll give you the shot"

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

How does CBT helps with what is a physical issue?

Are those motherfucker actually saying that "it's just all in your head?"

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Well, with that variant, I do kinda wonder if that weird mysterious spike in people getting those weird cold-like cases over the late spring/summer that tested negative for Covid actually had Covid after all?

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Pillowpants posted:

So we've got 3 Variants in Brazil, UK, and India that are more infectious, and one in the Phillipines that can compete with Delta AND doesnt give a poo poo about vaccines? Is that right?

It's just the one variant in Brazil, UK, and India that's 10% more infectious and doesn't show on tests.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Hoo boy. Now that's something to be really concerned about.

Imagine normal people just overdosing themselves daily on SSRI nationally wide

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

I'm honestly starting to feel like I need some more needles in me. I already got my 4th booster shot last week but that's not enough for me.

I think I'll go and grab some MMR tomorrow or on the weekend.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Hmm, that keep on coming up more frequently.

Well, good thing that it's just a flu!

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

I kinda wonder which will be more deadly this winter: Covid or Bird Flu?

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

And that is with multiple vaccines that could be widely distributed across the globe. That Covid is sure an awe-inspiring piece of angry chemicals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm looking forward to the enhanced protection against snow and ice provided by a full face respirator, last winter was a nothing burger

How do you prevent fogging on the inside just from the temperature difference between the air and your body heat?