Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

euphronius posted:

due to state laws the board meetings usually have to be in public or they are not legal

laws arent real, just announce closed sessions or 5 seconds to speak per person or whatever
oh no we got sued for doing all our double dealing business behind closed doors! - every city council ever, who gives a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
FDA approval made a difference!

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/americans-vaccinated-full-fda-approval-pfizer-covid-vaccine/story?id=79750505 posted:

More Americans getting vaccinated following full FDA approval of Pfizer COVID vaccine
An ABC analysis found that the number of first doses administered has increased.

Thousands of Americans were finally persuaded to get their first shot in the week following the Food and Drug Administration's full approval of the Pfizer-BioNtech coronavirus vaccine, new data reveals.
(..)

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Stevie Lee posted:

if u walk backwards down the hall, covid won't know what to do

e: just got a voicemail from some girl saying that 23andme says I'm her father what the gently caress

Aight, haven't read ahead yet, but goddamn this edit gave me a hearty laugh

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Vox Nihili posted:

My full proof plan mostly consists of bourbon but I've got some Scotch too

sounds like you need to make a beer run, Mr. Thorogood

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

thank god we aren't sending the younger than 12 crowd back

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk2_xW6bObE

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

it’s me

I am the wild type

I am a wild type
Take me in
Saddle me up and lets begin
I am a wild type
No smell or taste
Running with horses
And I'm on the paste

Show you another side of me
A side you would never thought you would see
Tear up that body
Dominate you 'til you've had enough
I can't lie
The wilds don't lie

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

those kids aren’t 12+

space chandeliers posted:

whatever the union has accomplished in pressuring officials, and for all the stricter measures la county has implemented, it's not going to be enough.

https://abc7.com/lausd-covid-19-outbreaks-children-students/10986939/

In about half the amount of time, we have already exceeded the prior two weeks of school related new cases.

shits only going to get worse. we'll be able to point to an area where they did everything right according to poisoned lib thinking and still end up with the same loving outcome. then they'll continue to make the same goddamn mistakes.

good job everyone

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Thoguh posted:

Like just make masks actually required to be worn when transmission is high (not recommended, actually worn) and require people to be vaxxed to participate in society. There, you're pretty much done now. It isn't a binary decision between eternal lockdown and letting healthcare collapse.

But have you considered that instead we could all just eat horse paste and be worm and virus free?

Real-talk, some people with lots of power and money believe there is money to be made and power to be gained by not mandating things. Even in the Democratic Party, they believe they can galvanize their base more and defend Biden’s general shittiness by saying “Orange Man Lovers Bad.”

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Sep 1, 2021

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1432846936827219977?s=19

Time to play covid celebrity lottery

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

COV19 making sure ancient has been bands actually have real "farewell tours"

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
I'm looking for some N95(disposable) that will go over my chin.

Most of the ones I see that fit over my knows are so tight over my chin that talking will slide them up.

Masks too. I have a bunch of those black surgical masks you see everywhere and they constantly slide up above my chin.

I have a long face i guess

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Melbourne rose to three digit daily case numbers today for the first time in a year, and a month into strict lockdown :(

https://twitter.com/VicGovDH/status/1432845500521218053?s=19

Spring starts today. At this time last year we were in rapid case decline on the way to several months with zero cases.

Edit: we also had our first covid deaths in a year.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

my father got a questionable booster from CVS. I'm so proud to be his son

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

kalensc posted:

Aight, haven't read ahead yet, but goddamn this edit gave me a hearty laugh

i'm going to my daughter's next school board meeting and demanding a respirator for every child

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Jaxyon posted:

Most of the ones I see that fit over my knows are so tight over my chin that talking will slide them up.

Masks too. I have a bunch of those black surgical masks you see everywhere and they constantly slide up above my chin.

have you considered some kind of equine muzzle, barnacle jim?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Jaxyon posted:

https://bonafidemasks.com/harley-n95-l-188-respirator-face-mask/

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
So much for that. Fortunately a democrat is in charge to defend social security.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/31/business/economy/social-security-funding.html posted:

Social Security is projected to be insolvent a year earlier than previously forecast.

The financial outlook for Social Security is eroding more quickly than previously expected, as the coronavirus pandemic has drained government revenues and put additional strain on one of the nation’s most important social safety net programs. The overall finances for Medicare, however, are expected to hold steady, though the health program is still forecast to face financial pressure in the coming years.
(..)

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Pingui posted:

So much for that. Fortunately a democrat is in charge to defund social security.

yep!!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jon Irenicus posted:

my father got a questionable booster from CVS. I'm so proud to be his son

Wow not following the CDC rules and Fauci guidance !

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Pingui posted:

according to some graph I saw it really did make a difference, but it was pretty marginal and has already plateaued

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Pingui posted:

So much for that. Fortunately a democrat is in charge to defend social security.

doesn't seem relevant if some large fraction of boomers are going to suicide by covid+horse paste

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

doesn't seem relevant if some large fraction of boomers are going to suicide by covid+horse paste

Where we are going we won't need eyes !

(Due to horse paste overdose)

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Feldegast42 posted:

according to some graph I saw it really did make a difference, but it was pretty marginal and has already plateaued

Yes, it got thousands to take the vaccine just like the article says.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Stevie Lee posted:

i'm going to my daughter's next school board meeting and demanding a respirator for every child

Is this the 23andMe daughter or a previous one?

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

thanks!

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Pingui posted:

lol you fell for the annual "oh nos SS is too generous we must do austerity" article

it goes up and down a year or two every year

Pulvis Sumus
Jul 27, 2011
My best friend just called to tell me both her parents are in the ICU with COVID along with the parents of another friend of ours. They're all obese with other comorbidities in addition to being unvaccinated. RIP to the people who made for a very akward Thanksgiving a few years ago by making multiple longwinded prayers for Trump.

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

i bought some n-95 masks off this site and they look like duck bills. did i forget to uncheck the duck box or something?? am i wearing them wrong? why would they make masks that have a huge pouch in the front

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Pingui posted:

Yes, it got thousands to take the vaccine just like the article says.

when someone says they waited for fda approval

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lKie-vgUGdI

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Pingui posted:

Reminded me of this
https://twitter.com/aaronblake/status/1432731007271243783

LOOK AT THAT STEADY DECLINE

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Norton posted:

i bought some n-95 masks off this site and they look like duck bills. did i forget to uncheck the duck box or something?? am i wearing them wrong? why would they make masks that have a huge pouch in the front

my face is enormous

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Shiroc posted:

Reminded me of this
https://twitter.com/aaronblake/status/1432731007271243783

LOOK AT THAT STEADY DECLINE

we have plenty of time

no hurry

edit

isn’t that just the unvaccinated people dying ?

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Norton posted:

Oh man, you're so lucky! They're the best kind you can get.

Not even joking.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Pulvis Sumus posted:

My best friend just called to tell me both her parents are in the ICU with COVID along with the parents of another friend of ours. They're all obese with other comorbidities in addition to being unvaccinated. RIP to the people who made for a very akward Thanksgiving a few years ago by making multiple longwinded prayers for Trump.

you will all need to learn to live with the virus. except for them, they are now excused from having to live with the virus.

:blessed: only through open biden such things are possible! :angel:

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Pulvis Sumus posted:

im sorry mate. that’s terrible.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Pulvis Sumus posted:

God drat that is rough

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Spending time on Twitter is bad because it reminds you of how loving stupid everyone is. Asserting that children cannot get long covid. That breakthroughs are fine because the vaccines work!

Internet Libs, the hospital system is dying. There are no truckers. Supply lines are collapsing. The defense of brunch has failed.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

NeonPunk posted:

Oh man, you're so lucky! They're the best kind you can get.

Not even joking.

But also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtrZb7gAyxg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

PerniciousKnid posted:

Is this the 23andMe daughter or a previous one?

yeah that one, my only child