Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Finally some space to breathe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

This here is the thread where covid ends

Lol lmfao c'mon covid is never going away

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

meet girls at the store posted:

My office Open Bidened at 8:00 this morning with a celebratory staff breakfast. It’s now 11:39, somebody has tested positive, and they’re scrambling to do contact tracing for the breakfast party. Life comes at you fast.

This is happening so much and at such a frequency I'm starting to suspect our leadership is not adequate or something

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

meet girls at the store posted:

A medical assistant will visit your bedside with an iPad with the Awful app installed, and hold it up to your face.

I will summon my remaining strength to raise my hand and tap out a, lol lmfao

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Nothus posted:

The plan to just infect everyone with Delta and get it over with is going swimmingly.

A number of my co-workers are now positive having caught it on vacation.

This is legit the plan in motion right now

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Iron Crowned posted:

gently caress, I have to rebuild my rep in a new thread

Guy to go to strip club with. See. No you don't

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Getting CDC tracking vibes from these numbers

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

International safety just emailed me to tell me my respirator order in cancelled guess I'll just die

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

At this point in the pandemic it is impossible to source respirators with speech diaphragms and child sized masks. Garbage rear end capitalism

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Google Butt posted:

Did you try McMaster

I'll give it a shot. Hell, I'm sourcing equipment using connections overseas that's how bad things are

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Kreeblah posted:

That loving sucks. How many places is that now that have told you to gently caress off?

Supply lines are dying cloud

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Pingui posted:

Too late, nothing to do now.

I like the part where they tut tut that scientists have been warning for months it would go endemic but you wouldn't have known that reading the NYT!

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Thinking about that Italian lady who got a whole vial of undiluted Pfizer. Truly a visionary ahead of her time

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Antidepressant dose upped.
Weed Rx got.

I'm ready. Actually probably not at all but this is all I can do for now lol wild times

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

skewetoo posted:

Antidepressant dose upped.
Weed Rx got.

I'm ready. Actually probably not at all but this is all I can do for now lol wild times

Im doing great thanks for asking!

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

The singularity is when the covid, Econ, and uap threads combine

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

The Shame Boy posted:

I saw that the old thread was gone and i was wondering where i'd get my daily dose of COVID terror. Thank God there is a new one!

Don't worry. Covid terror is not going anywhere

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Der Meister posted:

all this is happening and not a peep about a lockdown

Neolib states gave up and are quite openly saying everyone is expected to get covid

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Nothus posted:

That's not going to happen. What we're doing now is an intentional exposure of everyone to Delta with the gamble being that it won't lead to widespread unrest and that it induces enough population immunity that covid becomes a background endemic disease with a death rate that can be normalized.

Agreed. Quite the gamble though!

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Jon Irenicus posted:

iirc the landed gentry just immediately put controls on wages and movement after the black death gave labor more power, soooo

Lol yeah they made it illegal to move or to reject what the nobility offered

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

That's the plan! That's the crazy thing!

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

paperwind posted:

You're right. We passed the point of being completely hosed about a month ago. Glad people could make money from tourism again for a few months eh?

Worth it :crnasickos:

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Charles Mansion posted:

i know an individual, vaccinated early on due to being a health care worker (moderna fwiw), who tested positive on 3 consecutive antigen rapid tests last thursday. on friday they got a pcr test and received results 48 hours later - negative. they took a "pcr equivalent" test afterward which was also negative, but a 4th antigen rapid test was positive.

what the gently caress?

Covid isn't real

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

etalian posted:

I heard my fav chud conspiracy theory today at my apartment.

The 600K people who died, we weren't sure it was COV19, the media exaggerates things!

And also the whole world is in on it

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

I don't think preying on an American sense of global responsibility will have the effect they think it will

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Good morning

Takes a deep breath

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

There. I'm ready to face the horrors that today will bring

:coffeepal:

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Would be nice to live in a functional state

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

smoobles posted:

I like paying money for hot, good food, but I'm not doing it during a pandemic. It's not a caste system lmao.

Never worked retail?

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

smoobles posted:

Do you believe nobody got paid minimum wage (or less!) in the supply chain of your home cooked meal?

:hmmno:

Idk what that has to do with retail and food reinforcing a de facto caste system but idc

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

smoobles posted:

Just saying if you wanna pull the curtain all the way back, the entire concept of buying food is a caste system, and there is a line of impoverished, overworked people between the cow and the $2/lb ground beef you bought at Kroger.

There are countries where restaurant workers (and food workers) get paid enough to live, I think maybe that's the target area of improvement here, not a vague sense that we are subconsciously pretending our waiters are slaves (a view that conveniently erases the abused class of people that keeps your grocery store full)

Capitalism sucks I agree

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26
https://imgur.com/a/j5Ag7mG

source: covidactnow.org

The green hue is endangered :ohdear:

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Relevant Tangent posted:

It's not a caste system. Your parents working at Sears (well, when they still existed) doesn't mean you will.

I don't think there is any social mobility. I'm first gen in Canada and it's very clear that jobs in the labor aristocracy and above are closed off to me

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Need a north american caste system thread :clint:

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

That peen looks infected

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Computer powering the sim is overheating

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

hatty posted:

is flying from Texas to New York for my grandmas funeral mass a bad idea if my family is full of dumbass idiots who refuse vaccinations? I know the answer is yes but I feel like I need to be assured

This is the biggest global crisis, in maybe history?

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Relevant Tangent posted:

I don't know enough about Canada to disagree. There are meaningful differences between the states and Canada though. Are trades an option?

Sure there are options. Like when I got a degree which gave me more qualifications than any "old-stock Canadian" boomer boss that I ever had

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Similarly I will endorse any country that pays me and or provides a functional state in which to live in and prosper

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

No fighting in the covid thread only calm or labored breathing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Counting a fat stack of renminbi