Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
Lol, my county's reported breakthrough cases went from less than 3% last week to 8.3% this week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Lacrosse posted:

I was assured this was fine and normal because the more people are vaccinated then the more breakthroughs happen. It's The Science!

Lmao the breakthrough percentage went up but the vaccinated percentage didn't change

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

I found a good art

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

I heard the dude in receiving at work hacking up a lung. Then at the morning meeting they just straight up said he's not feeling well today but there's nobody else to work receiving?!

Lol I'm ready to just walk out for good but in 3 days I'm off for 2 week to get all my vacation time that I don't get if I just quit. Lmao

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

#LandBack

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Zurtilik posted:

My manager keeps pulling his mask out to talk to people.

GAAAAHHHHH!!!

There's one at work that does this. Just pulling the mask away from his face while he shout-talks at a group of people about how they're really gonna be cracking down on not wearing masks properly

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

October should be extra spooky this year with all the new ghosts

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Wanna get one of these adapted to fit modern filters

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Pillowpants posted:

Everyone I know in Florida, outside of one dude in Miami, has not gotten COVID

My landlord that lives in Florida called the other day for normal landlord poo poo and said they wouldn't be traveling to stop by until covid dies down and I think "sure, they're being safe, good" and then he goes on a big unprompted rant about how they don't want to come up and have to wear a mask everywhere and Inslee is out of control and Florida is a mask and covid free paradise

tldr even "ok" landlords are still landlords and deserve to be mao'd

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

How did "making people wear masks will create a compliant society of sheep for some reason" become the conspiracy when "create a compliant society by allowing the noncompliant to kill themselves off voluntarily" is right there and actually has an explainable mechanism

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Customers coming into work lately are 50/50 masked now. Today I heard somebody doing that honking cough thing, real neat. So many people with "just a little cold"

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/anthronw/status/1462199309613498370?t=mUfEa_EtvTGH_8DK3_cg9A&s=19

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Rhesus Pieces posted:

lol I forgot about those apps

has anyone's covid exposure app ever alerted them of an exposure? Seems like all it does is waste battery power.

Washington's gives you a scary looking alert with a big red covid on it if you turn off Bluetooth because you forgot about the app

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Talking to a coworker about the six people that were out sick yesterday and "Everybody is coming down with colds. It's just the season for that, I guess!". Said with their mask around their neck

I left after listening to an out of sight customer hack their loving lungs out for half an hour

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

mod sassinator posted:

Some folks were saying Home Depot has them in stores. This shows in stock for some stores near me for example: https://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-Aura-Particulate-Respirator-N95-Foldable-10-Pack-9205P-10-DC/316909322

I got a box there. Catch-22 though; Home Depot is a plague pit and you don't wanna go in there without one

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Thoguh posted:

Good news everyone, COVID is in the rear view mirror. The paper of record has spoken.

https://twitter.com/nytpolitics/status/1462787964484861958?s=21

*staring at rearview mirror*

Whew, that was a close one!

*crashes head on into oncoming tanker truck filled with covid*

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

they aren’t even wearing masks lmao

Management at work like to cram 3 or 4 maskless people into the tiny 6x8 manager's office and close the door to have important meetings where they all huddle around the desk to look at a tablet or something

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Woken up this morning by the neighbor on their porch, loudly talking on the phone, making calls to tell people they all have covid :cool:

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

MysteriousStranger posted:

That furry was at the anime convention and has COVID, metaverse make this happen fuckerbereg!!!

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Waded through two maskless families talking in the store, blocking the aisle, letting their kids climb all over the place. Bit of the conversation I overheard was that one family was trying to move to Texas or Florida because it's "not like this there"

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Sounds like vaccine protection is mild

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

I saw that several other people in here ordered auras from industrial safety supply. Did it take a week for them to actually ship or is everybody in Florida finally dead

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

jinx_player posted:

I dont know But Home Depot has plenty of them

Yeah I've already got some of those and I can get more if I need to, but I wanted the ones with the better straps

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Rynn posted:

Out deer hunting with my dad and he got the Moderna booster on Tuesday and now has chills and a sore arm. He just told me that he’s not getting any more shots because of the side effects. I asked him if he’d rather have chills or be dead and got no response.

loving great

Show him the articles about how all the deer have covid now and tell him if he doesn't continue to boosty it'll be his fault when we're all dying from deer supercovid

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

This text on the one where the trolley is plowing through the track covered in people

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Rick posted:

drat that part of Arizona with the most deaths is not very densely populated. Actually, with the exception of Maricopa (Phoenix, although you might have to zoom in to see if that map hits its borders a lot), the sparsely populated areas are doing the brunt of the dying. Possibly because there are areas on that map where a hospital is more than an hour away and don't have that much capacity to begin with.

I don't know what's going on in the western part, but everything other than the very bottom square county on the eastern part overlaps with reservations

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Stereotype posted:

i'm pretty sure that biden legitimately doesn't think that covid is a big deal and that the real problem is that the nation got all scared of a silly virus. his only real covid policies that he vocally called for were that kids NEEDED to be in school, that masks were bad, and that vaccines are good. he has never acknowledged the sheer quantity of death it has caused and i highly doubt he ever will

But there were little flags

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

blue squares posted:

I started wearing Aura 9205s and find myself sneezing into it fairly often. I wonder if I am allergic or
if it irritates my nose somehow. anyone else?

When I first started wearing them I was having some weird sinus problems because the foam on the nose seals really well and you don't have to curve it inwards to follow the sides of your nose as much as masks without the foam. It kind of compressed the sides of my nose enough to irritate it to where it would get kind of runny right after I put them on.

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Girlfriend went to her booster appointment yesterday and they were out of boosters but offered her a flu shot instead

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

kreeningsons posted:

Really curious: how many people's workplaces have a current covid outbreak right now and how many people's workplaces don't?

Work has a website to see confirmed cases and early last month there were like half a dozen people that were mysteriously out for a week but only one case ever showed on the site.

After next week I don't fuckin care anymore though because I put in my two weeks on Monday :toot:

Edit: Never Forget

Dog Case fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Dec 23, 2021

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

The app for the camera I use to look at squirrels and birds is trying to sell me covid tests

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Got a boosty at Safeway yesterday. The store was absolutely packed to the point that the parking lot was 100% full. I had to park in the way back corner of the lot for the next door shopping center. Plenty of maskless customers, but also maskless employees including the pharmacist working in the back of the pharmacy?? Lmao

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

The average person doesn't even comprehend this as a viral pandemic anymore. It's a pandemic of precautions and inconveniences. The virus isn't surging, people telling me to do things I don't like is!

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Worldometers is at like 190,000 with only 20 states reporting

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Merry Christmas from my landlord

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

I'm probably severely broken but after hearing about everybody else's holidays I feel weirdly relieved that like half my immediate family had the foresight to die right before covid really took off. The holidays are so much less stressful when you only have like 2 people left to mail cards and gifts to

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Just delaying the inevitable
/

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

My lovely retail job had over half the scheduled people call out yesterday due to snow and record low temperatures. The store was an absolute disaster with pallets and boxes of freight blocking aisles and nobody to help customers yet somehow they beat sales plans for the day so the managers thought it was a great success

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Drake no: Trump is bad

Drake no: Biden is bad

Drake yes: The government is bad