Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

can we get the fake Adam curtis video in the op please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

mod sassinator posted:

covid thread: the documentary: the trailer, an adam curtis parody tribute
https://vimeo.com/586612480

so many greatest hits that we’ve shared together, so many more for years to come

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Palladium posted:

How many things did the Contagion movie got wrong

yes

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

do you guys think any states are going to shutdown restaurants again? oregon was early on bringing the mask mandates back recently but the only time they tried to shut down indoor dining the local restaurant association sued them and they relented within a day or two

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

my partner works as a nurse on a covid floor at the hospital and i harassed him into wearing an n95 but he said he’s literally the only person doing that on the floor

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Der Meister posted:

do you live in a chud state

that would get you written up here

it’s oregon, the other coworkers are wearing surgical masks

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

He probably isnt wearing it :smith:

I thought that too but he started getting off work with a bandaid still on his nose because he isn’t used to wearing them all day

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

selling parody vaccine cards that say “please keep this record card, which includes medical information about the vaccines you haven’t received” (FOR NOVELTY USE ONLY) (PARODY NOT A REAL VACCINE CARD)

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

euphronius posted:

did anyone look up info on Covid 1 through Covid 18?

maybe we could have learned something

we are doing exactly what we did for all of those right now actually

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Tzen posted:

lol from the start everything having to do with j&j has been an utter failure

when are we gonna find out that everyone knew it was poo poo from the beginning and that’s why no rich people got it

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

a helpful bear posted:

e: submitted a written comment to the next school board meeting why they are opening schools fully instead of virtual even though numbers are higher than last year. Looking forward to them ignoring it despite all these other counties shutting down already

because kids don’t get covid and the vaccine works, look how high the cases are and deaths are still low, and the cure cannot be worse than the solution

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Kreeblah posted:

If MadJackal's anything to go by, I'd probably be a better doctor than some actual doctors, despite having no medical training.

I’ve been in a doctors office and watched them close a tab that was literally just them googling symptoms

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Kreeblah posted:

Huh. The vax requirement explicitly includes coaches. Wonder how many of those we'll see get fired.

every single one of them will have a religious exemption

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Der Meister posted:

if it is released and subsequently demonstrates very high rates of something bad it would be catastrophic.

well at least the vaccine manufacturers have immunity!

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

very curious where school resource officers count as employees or contractors w/r/t the vaccine mandate in washington state

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Joementum posted:

Kate Larose sat slack-jawed on Monday night in Canaan as she watched her local school board deliberate its back-to-school pandemic policies.

Larose, whose 8-year-old son is immunocompromised, had requested Zoom access to the in-person meeting. But about 30 minutes in, people took over the virtual room, calling in to say the n-word on loop. A man eventually appeared on screen and began masturbating. Officials then shut off all access.

Karen Conroy, Canaan’s superintendent, wrote apologetically to Larose later that night to fill in the blanks. The board had voted 5-0 to reject Conroy’s recommendation that the district begin the school year masked.

https://vtdigger.org/2021/08/18/vermont-is-taking-a-local-control-approach-to-the-pandemic-in-schools-in-canaan-that-means-no-masks/

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

it’s amazing that after starting with those three paragraphs the rest of the article acts like it’s just a normal school board meeting article

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

acems posted:

just realized i can fit a surgical over my elastomeric's exhaust port. now i can actually wear it guilt free. its at a point where im willing to look like a freak if it means i can go in to get a drink while outdoor sitting with friends and not worry

went to a bar last week with my friend who was in town and sat outside with them not drinking or eating and never taking my respirator off like an absolute psycho

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

i am harry posted:

where we at, 1000 dead every day now?

*that we know about

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

gathering of the juggalos attendance seems low on social media, it’s only thursday though

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Captain Magic posted:

two fellow teachers and I freaked out in the parking lot after work today; sucks to freak out but we felt relieved that someone else actually seemed to be paying attention.

we have had fully virtual remote PD (professional development) meetings all week but we’re supposed to see (masked) kids on Monday. why is it safer to meet each other virtually but not the children? Jfc. oh and there is brand new curriculum to “make up for lost time” so we can’t use many previous lessons from years prior lol. group work is a mandatory part of the curriculum. I will have six units when I normally teach four. tbh a lot of it sounds great, but for a year that isn’t going to be full of infectious disease outbreaks.

anyway I sold the other teachers both on getting KN95s and maybe an air purifier/cleaner of some kind, so that’s a win. We are talking about quitting.

I’m not sure where to draw my line for quitting tbh. should probably figure that out. Pretty much every teacher I know has it baked in to make the best of a bad situation; we are born suckers for more work.

if you are already considering quitting you might as well try organizing some kind of collective action if your other teachers feel similarly

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Schnorkles posted:

the reality is that number would have a rough time with another major shutdown, so we're just throwing people into the meat grinder instead

it will be incredible how quickly the government will move when the number goes down

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Kreeblah posted:

What happens in a couple weeks when they're out of inclement weather days to use?

remote learning is not an option

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

2 of my teenagers went back to high school last Thursday, so they've been in school 5 days now. I've received a positive COVID test notification email from the principal for the past 4 straight days. Things going to go real well.

no choice but to keep sending them back

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

if only tom hanks had died

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Pillowpants posted:

Why the gently caress hasn't Biden issued SOME sort of order for masks or vaccinations in the schools. He should threaten any school district with a withdrawal of federal funds that doesn't require it - and frankly the DOJ should file charges against school board members who vote to let children die.

because the only people who will be blamed for failure is unvaccinated individuals

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Thoguh posted:

And as somebody that has worked in a factory, I can tell you that the best way to ensure safety is to make all rules and equipment voluntary, but encouraged.

I think a lot about how often my work tests/does mainenance on the alarm system and how every time it goes off now everybody just keeps working until a supervisor tells them wait no it’s real this time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alarm_fatigue

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

BUD DYER

someone needs to reboot the matrix

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

etalian posted:

How long until Orlando has to create a GoFundMe for Water?

flint was a trial run

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

japan sets a new daily cases record almost exactly two weeks after the closing ceremonies

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Louisgod posted:

I'm old enough to remember when those us maps were yellow and not all red.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

mod sassinator posted:

lmao let me guess desantis has to authorize rescue plan payments

grow a loving pair old man biden and maybe DO SOMETHING

he only just got us out of a pointless war that we will never win and now you want him to start another one?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

The Oldest Man posted:

The thirst of chuds and liberals to trade lives for number is really unquenchable isn't it

they think what they’re supposed to think, covid is an op, not in the sense that the virus isn’t real, but in the sense that we are blaming each other instead of the people with the power to do anything

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

what’s the r0 of your doom spreading everyone? i think I’m maybe 2-3 but it wears off fast if i don’t refresh once in a while

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

fosborb posted:

lol farmers market is 2% masked. no one is freaked out yet

where the gently caress does a normal regular person get reliable information? people are making reasonable decisions based on their good faith efforts to understand the risks.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

politicians are so relieved that people are mad at their class allies instead of the people who could stop this

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Relevant Tangent posted:

antivaxxers are not class allies
seriously, feel free to go build solidarity with them, best of luck

they’re a distraction, this whole thread is aware that a vaccine only strategy would never be sufficient. if politicians paid everyone $2000 a month since the beginning of the pandemic conditionally on getting a vaccine the antivaxxers would be incredibly fringe. as things stand no matter how bad our government fucks things up the antivaxxers will be to blame and they have made sure in their messaging that it’s clear to everyone that they are the exclusive holders of blame. they are the exclusive reason you have to wear masks again. capital decided it was never going to do what was necessary to end the pandemic and they only care about making sure people aren’t mad at about checks or healthcare.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Hollismason posted:

I'm on the 2nd day of my booster and all I have is a super super sore arm. I don't think I'mma have any fever I figure it would have happened by now.

personally, and based on this thread it’s pretty common to have no symptoms or just feel a little bit tired with a sore arm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Substandard posted:

I paid :10bux: in 2007 to join a comedy forum, and now I'm a communist with access to reliable COVID info.

same, i started posting here to get owned and humiliated by bernie and now i’m respirator cave syndrome crew