Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Nothing says quality like a black eye and a moustache.
Fun Shoe

.eciN

Hey, it's Pete and Amy again, back from the void! Road 96 is a brand-new (as of the time of this writing), procedurally-generated road trip game, and that's pretty much all we know about it! Amy and I played the demo during Steam's last special event, and it was probably the one that we enjoyed the most out of the handful that we tried.

Road 96 is made by DigixArt, where you drive down the highway, meeting various strangers along the way. Are they good? Are they bad? Are WE good or bad? Who knows? We don't! Come figure out these answers with us!

So, Amy and I have wanted to try our hands at streaming for quite a while now, and thanks to a couple of recent lucky hardware upgrades, I think we're finally ready to do just that. Our plan is to stream on Monday evenings (probably starting around 7:30 p.m. Central Time in the U.S.). This game seems perfect for a community stream/LP, too, because you can help us make the decisions needed on our journey! After the stream, we're planning on uploading the possibly-edited-down recorded versions of each session on our regular Two-Thumbs Pete YouTube channel, and as always, everything will be linked to in this thread.

We're really excited to be doing this again, because we missed interacting with the SA forums. We've missed you guys.

LIVE STREAMS
-------------------------

Our Twitch Channel

NEXT PLANNED STREAM:
September 20, 2021 @ ~7:30 p.m., U.S. Central Time

YOUTUBE EPISODES
----------------------------------

Part 1 - I'm not a very good teen
Part 2 - IT'S ALL COMIN' TOGETHER!
Part 3 - So good at smuggling teens
Part 4 - Little Problem
Part 5 - The best at pumping gas
Part 6 - Jorts of Freedom
Part 7 - Trailahs trailahs trailahs
Part 8 - Who put that there?
Part 9 - A bargain
Part 10 - Was that the signal?!
Part 11 - Prison slaps
Part 12 - That teen was not canon (Finale!)

pedrovay2003 fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Sep 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe
Part 1 is up now! There will be a part 2 soon, too, since we had a little electricity snafu and had to split it into two streams. Keep a look out!

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib
I assume the big anarchy B stands for Black Brigade, but choose to interpret it as “BANARCHY” or “BUH-NARCHY”

Perhaps it’s because I’m not a teen, but the game is kind of blue ballsing my eternal desire to walk into the American southwest, True West style. Oddly, the hiking through nature bits also reminds me of Paratopic and Kentucky Route Zero, but not as good because it’s twee, one dimensional and, well, teen.

I definitely want to see alternative routes, as you can clearly get driven further into the interior of the country. I’d hope that those routes would meet more complex characters? Or at least it registers follow up play throughs and provides paths where you dig deeper into the handful of characters on offer? I must know everything about trailer park trombone goth.

Also, I found the thread! Thanks for letting us know the it was up. The streaming/video setup is looking better all the time.

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe
Part 2 is up now! This was all a part of the initial stream, but we figured we'd split it into two episodes due to the aforementioned technical difficulty.

Theokotos posted:

I assume the big anarchy B stands for Black Brigade, but choose to interpret it as “BANARCHY” or “BUH-NARCHY”

Perhaps it’s because I’m not a teen, but the game is kind of blue ballsing my eternal desire to walk into the American southwest, True West style. Oddly, the hiking through nature bits also reminds me of Paratopic and Kentucky Route Zero, but not as good because it’s twee, one dimensional and, well, teen.

I definitely want to see alternative routes, as you can clearly get driven further into the interior of the country. I’d hope that those routes would meet more complex characters? Or at least it registers follow up play throughs and provides paths where you dig deeper into the handful of characters on offer? I must know everything about trailer park trombone goth.

Also, I found the thread! Thanks for letting us know the it was up. The streaming/video setup is looking better all the time.

Thanks for the kind words! Yeah, I think we're more on top of it this time. And yeah, I'm interested to see how things pan out, too. Even after this set of chapters is done, I'd like to see what else we can make the game do.

pedrovay2003 fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Aug 18, 2021

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe
Part 3 and part 4 are up now! There seems to be trouble in paradise in the world of the teens...

Seriously, though, our part 4 playthrough was pretty intense, and easily my favorite part of the game so far.

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe
Part 5 and part 6 are up now! This is the end of our first playthrough, but there's so much replay value that we're probably going to go through it one more time. I hope you all stick with us!

CremePudding
Oct 30, 2011
I really should pick up a copy myself, the playthrough was a blast :v:

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe

CremePudding posted:

I really should pick up a copy myself, the playthrough was a blast :v:

I appreciate the kind words! And yeah, I agree, we both really enjoyed the game. We're probably going to do a run of New Game+, too.

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe
We're going to be streaming a bit early today, at about 3:30 p.m. U.S. Central. The YouTube episodes should be unaffected timeline-wise.

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe
Part 7 and part 8 are up now, and it's time to see what New Game+ has to offer!

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe
Part 9 and part 10 are up now, and not a Jarod in sight! I suppose I should feel unnerved by that...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe
Part 11 and part 12 are up now, and that does it for Road 96! Thank you so much for sticking with us, and we'll be back soon with something more in the spirit of the season!