Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.
Old OP is HERE

Almost all races and classes are totally free now!

DDO is a older MMO (came out originally in 2006) based on D&D 3.5 edition (with a pathfinder twist in recent times). After a few years of operating under a subscription-based model they migrated to a F2P model where new adventures, races, classes and items could be purchased using points that can be either earned in game or purchased.
While the game is on Steam most folks play the game via the launcher available on https://www.ddo.com/

News
Current update is U53 - it adds a new raid, augment vendors, makes a bunch of classes/races free. The upcoming expansion is Isle of Dread (sometime in May?) which is gonna add Tabaxi (cat people), DINOSAURS, and a DINOSAUR MOUNT.

The last couple expansions have been sick. The newest expansion is the "Sinister Secret of the Saltmarsh". Visually - it looks great. The quests are super interesting too and have a lot of hidden stuff to find. The previous expansion "Fables of the Feywild" was also full of memorable stories and has a sweet soundtrack.

Here is the retro/throwback trailer they made for saltmarsh: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmsxcfNvgA4
Here is the feywild soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6fu7M_JBv4

Why would i play a 15 year old game you ask?
  • Action combat where you can leap though the air, los attacks and dodge traps
  • No WoW fetch quest bullshit. The leveling in this game is built to be the fun part.
  • Periodic hardcore seasons with special rewards
  • Linux support
  • Game brings in a lot of classic adventures from D&D history in addition to unique content.
  • Character building/leveling system is deep/complex. Your first character will likely be equal parts completely unique and gimp.
  • ~400 unique quests and a few adventure areas

Why wouldn't you play this dumb 15 year old game?
  • Server lag. The game plays really well 80% of the time but man that 20% really stands out. Its better than it was a year ago due to some patches but honestly the progress has been glacial.
  • Bad monetization scheme. Basically, you have to pay for expansions. This is fine, but VIP (the subscription) does not grant you access to these expansions, even the ones that are TEN YEARS OLD. Last year, they let people unlock a lot of packs for free permanently. Hopefully this will make a comeback. Also, it is possible to unlock everything as f2p (and people do it), its just a large grind.

What does the endgame look like?

There are basically 3 endgames in DDO:
  • Raiding
  • Pushing high reaper levels (reaper is a scalable difficulty setting)
  • Chasing past lives. The game lets you reincarnate and go back to level 1 for a marginal power boost. You can do this hundreds of times to turn a marginal bonus into a really big boost. You can clear all content in the game on elite difficulty without past lives.

Can I play with goons?

Yep! We are on the Argonnessen server...guild is Order of the Ten Bux. You can post your character name here and i'll mail you a guild invite. Guild discord is here: https://discord.gg/Uy3UnWGDY4

I'm new and want to follow a build!
Follow any of these and you will do fine: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/523140-Strimtom-s-Hardcore-Ready-Character-builds-Season-4

ThePotatoMasher has a ton of good info in old OP that I didn't copy in because :effort: so check that out.

Some quick tips for new players
1. Join a guild, and use guild buffs from the airship. The airship captain also teleports you to a bunch of useful places.
2. Use hirelings to help you with heals. Put your hire in aggressive stance!
3. DDO wiki has a wealth of information available, be sure to check it out
4. You can do the Keep on the Borderlands pack as an alternative for early levels if its available to you
5. The newer expansions and quest packs tend to have some pretty powerful gear for the level (sharn>feywild>ravenloft).
6. Get a free collectables bag from Baudry Cartamon in the harbor. This bag occupies one bag slot but holds 1000/ea of 12 unique collectables (the gold-bordered crap that can't be vended. It's apparently used for some higher-level stuff). You can get a medium for 9k plat in house J, which holds 30 unique.
7. Get a free gems bag from Fitzpat the Fence in the harbor. It holds 6 unique gems. You can get a medium for 9k plat in house J.
8. Get a tiny ingredients bag from Felix d'Cannith in the harbor.
9. Do circles in the keep on the borderlands wilderness area for a free mount. Each rare mob has a 50/50 chance of dropping a feather. You need 15 feathers to get a free mount. Here is a farming path: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/509887-This-is-how-I-farmed-enough-feathers-quickly?p=6265388#post6265388 You don't gotta do it all at once, but if you're level 1 or 2, the gear and money and XP is all pretty good. Mounts are usable at level 1.
10. Do the Sharn Syndicate quest chain (suggested level 4). At the end of the chain, there are a bunch of "nicked" blue weapon rewards which are great low level weapons. They all have an equip requirement of only level 2, too. https://ddowiki.com/page/The_Sharn_Syndicate There's only a 50/50 chance any given weapon in the list appears at the end of the chain, but you can redo it and there's a pity drop where the full list appears on third completion.
11. Newbie series here which should cover a lot of ground: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtsQoxbW0LXqbTXu0VVZ_kA79W-6mIRSo

How do I get into endgame?
Raids
Generally, you want to be level 29 or 30. The raiding operates under a tiering system which basically just defines how hard the raid is. Many raids have an flagging requirement which means you have to run a couple quests before running the raid. Generally, you only have to flag once for the raid and you are set until you TR (heroic raids are different and generally worse for flagging). This is a really good reference https://ddowiki.com/page/Help!_Am_I_Raid_Ready
On our servers, the following raids are run with some frequency (usually on the weekend): Old Baba's Hut, The Curse of Strahd, Legendary Vision of Destruction, Legendary Master Artificer, Legendary Lord of Blades, The Dryad and the Demigod, Fire on Thunder Peak, Temple of the Deathwyrm.
The emerald claw runs teaching raids twice a week on our server: Thursday 9:30 PM EST [ Fire on Thunder Peak, Temple of the Deathwyrm ], Sunday 9:30 PM EST [ Old Baba's Hut, The Curse of Strahd ]

High Reapers
High reapers (r8-r10) are really hard and really fun. Generally, you want to have a really refined group to run these. The easiest way to start running these is to be a healer. The roles are generally: Healer, Healer, Tank, CC/instakill, DPS, DPS. The only role for mages in high reapers is generally CC or instakill. DPS is dominated by melee and ranged classes due to the sheer amount of HP of the enemies. Theres a lot of stuff here to learn but my suggestion would to be do a healer life and try it. Most groups are welcoming to new players on healers. Just make sure you hang out at the back and read up on how all the reapers and champions work.

Links
Guild Discord https://discord.gg/Uy3UnWGDY4
DDO wiki https://ddowiki.com/
DDO builder https://github.com/Maetrim/DDOBuilder/releases
Official DDO Discord https://discord.gg/ZS5Fkfc
Hardcore DDO Goon Discord https://discord.gg/p6C8fr3
Previous thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3927401

Lorem ipsum fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Mar 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
I've always wanted to try this game out. If I muddle my way through with my own build for the first time how screwed will I be? Will I be able to reincarnate and fix everything once I get a handle on what I'm doing?

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Edly posted:

I've always wanted to try this game out. If I muddle my way through with my own build for the first time how screwed will I be? Will I be able to reincarnate and fix everything once I get a handle on what I'm doing?

So the difficulty of the quests is scalable. Honestly - even if your build is horrible almost anything can muddle though on normal as long as you are still having fun. If you aren't having fun thats a different story and we can workshop it a bit but you should be fine to try it.

e: And yes - when you reincarnate you start totally from scratch. There are also a few incremental ways to respec without reincarnation.

Lorem ipsum fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Aug 17, 2021

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.
For some reason i've alway's enjoyed this game.

Downloading now and ill post my name for an invite.

Mail invite to Allager pls. Thief/acrobat/staff/what?

Might change that to full daggers for the posion. Not sure you can posion a staff...

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Aug 18, 2021

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

FreeWifi!! posted:

For some reason i've alway's enjoyed this game.

Downloading now and ill post my name for an invite.

Mail invite to Allager pls. Thief/acrobat/staff/what?

Might change that to full daggers for the posion. Not sure you can posion a staff...

Theif acrobat is super fun, def try it. You might consider mixing in a couple barb levels to get blood sacrifice. I'll mail you an invite soon.

Edly
Jun 1, 2007

Lorem ipsum posted:

So the difficulty of the quests is scalable. Honestly - even if your build is horrible almost anything can muddle though on normal as long as you are still having fun. If you aren't having fun thats a different story and we can workshop it a bit but you should be fine to try it.

e: And yes - when you reincarnate you start totally from scratch. There are also a few incremental ways to respec without reincarnation.

Thanks! I'm in as Avolem. I just went through the tutorial dungeon; the game seems neat so far, I like that it has voiceovers for the DM.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.

Edly posted:

Thanks! I'm in as Avolem. I just went through the tutorial dungeon; the game seems neat so far, I like that it has voiceovers for the DM.

I really like that aspect too. You are basically read quest text in a really cool way while you explore instead of having to read a bunch, quest, read a bunch, quest like other games.

I’m not playing this game at the moment but I love it. There is nothing like it on the market, it’s like a mix of an arpg in 3rd person with a lot of MMO qualities. I’ve probably theorycrafted more builds than I’ve actually played because it’s so fun to think about.

The community is also very friendly typically, do not be afraid to join a group doing a difficulty above what you can do solo. People are always happy to help. You might have to hang back a bit because things can kill you and vets go pretty fast through quests so I’d recommend trying to do stuff on your own or create a “flower sniffing” group if you truly want to experience each quest.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Ort posted:

I really like that aspect too. You are basically read quest text in a really cool way while you explore instead of having to read a bunch, quest, read a bunch, quest like other games.

I’m not playing this game at the moment but I love it. There is nothing like it on the market, it’s like a mix of an arpg in 3rd person with a lot of MMO qualities. I’ve probably theorycrafted more builds than I’ve actually played because it’s so fun to think about.

The community is also very friendly typically, do not be afraid to join a group doing a difficulty above what you can do solo. People are always happy to help. You might have to hang back a bit because things can kill you and vets go pretty fast through quests so I’d recommend trying to do stuff on your own or create a “flower sniffing” group if you truly want to experience each quest.

I also like the fact that you can start your own guild without paying any money whatsoever.

Not having to sit in a public channel asking strangers to sign your guild charter (to make a guild) because none of your friends are on is a plus as well.

Edit: Not sure if you sent the email, but i haven't gotten it.
Also they have no mail in Korthos village?
It seems if i want to get mail i need to go to Stormreach harbor but in order to do that, i need to skip all of Korthos.
And i dont want to do that, i want the exp from Korthos.

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Aug 18, 2021

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

FreeWifi!! posted:

I also like the fact that you can start your own guild without paying any money whatsoever.

Not having to sit in a public channel asking strangers to sign your guild charter (to make a guild) because none of your friends are on is a plus as well.

Edit: Not sure if you sent the email, but i haven't gotten it.
Also they have no mail in Korthos village?
It seems if i want to get mail i need to go to Stormreach harbor but in order to do that, i need to skip all of Korthos.
And i dont want to do that, i want the exp from Korthos.

Just sent both guild invites, sorry I feel asleep last night before sending them. You can go back to korthos and still do the quests, but you will be in the "sunny" version of korthos as if you can completed the mini story once already.

You will have to go to the harbor to get your mail tho. Once you get the guild invite, you should jump on the airship (green anchor symbol) and get the buffs from the big buff device on the main deck. You can also explore the lower decks of the ship if you want.

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
I bounced off this game immediately in 2017, I think because I saw it had action bar combat and the graphics were janky. Now I find the graphics kind of charming, and it's definitely not typical button-mashy action bar combat. The fact that enemies don't give you loot/exp (apparently) and the fact that you don't regenerate hp/mana except at designated waypoints gives a very different flavor to combat and resource management.

I did another couple of dungeons in the starter village. I love that the final boss of one of them was a tile puzzle. I also learned how to prepare spells and spend action points. Holy cow I wasn't expecting that level of character customization, it looks like I have 8 or so talent trees to choose from, plus a bunch of choices within each tree. Also I've been given a few actually interesting loot choices already, at level 1. Really glad I decided to give the game another try.

Willias
Sep 3, 2008
Playing DDO with a couple of buds through Elite difficulty dungeons is extremely fun.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Edly posted:

I bounced off this game immediately in 2017, I think because I saw it had action bar combat and the graphics were janky. Now I find the graphics kind of charming, and it's definitely not typical button-mashy action bar combat. The fact that enemies don't give you loot/exp (apparently) and the fact that you don't regenerate hp/mana except at designated waypoints gives a very different flavor to combat and resource management.

I did another couple of dungeons in the starter village. I love that the final boss of one of them was a tile puzzle. I also learned how to prepare spells and spend action points. Holy cow I wasn't expecting that level of character customization, it looks like I have 8 or so talent trees to choose from, plus a bunch of choices within each tree. Also I've been given a few actually interesting loot choices already, at level 1. Really glad I decided to give the game another try.

Don't worry, the game continues to get more complicated the longer you play. There was a recent update to endgame loot to normalize a lot of gearing values in the endgame. This took a fairly stagnant endgame gearing meta and blew it wide open with hundreds of viable items. Gear tetris is now mindboggling.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
I've tried DDO a few times over the years (I have Korthos practically memorized by now), but always seem to bounce off of it around level 7 or so, when I start getting to the later House quests. Reading the thread makes me want to try again, but I kind of worry I'll just put a bunch of hours in and have the exact same thing happens as always. Any advice on avoiding early-ish burnout, possibly including how I should approach quests? I tended to methodically complete everything up until Elite before moving on, but kind of suspect that might be contributing to the burnout.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Jossar posted:

I've tried DDO a few times over the years (I have Korthos practically memorized by now), but always seem to bounce off of it around level 7 or so, when I start getting to the later House quests. Reading the thread makes me want to try again, but I kind of worry I'll just put a bunch of hours in and have the exact same thing happens as always. Any advice on avoiding early-ish burnout, possibly including how I should approach quests? I tended to methodically complete everything up until Elite before moving on, but kind of suspect that might be contributing to the burnout.

One of the VIP perks is that you can run quests on elite the first time you run them. I usually only run each quest once on elite. F2P is a bit limiting, but there are still a good number of quests early so even on normal you can avoid repeating most quests. But yes, I agree, I wouldn't recommend repeating quests for now.

e: if you do end up reincarnating, it unlocks the ability to play quests on elite the first time you enter them even if you are F2P

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Lorem ipsum posted:

Don't worry, the game continues to get more complicated the longer you play. There was a recent update to endgame loot to normalize a lot of gearing values in the endgame. This took a fairly stagnant endgame gearing meta and blew it wide open with hundreds of viable items. Gear tetris is now mindboggling.

I like the fact the gear is descriptive and long...

Simple Club
----------------------
Base Value: 1cp
Weight: 3 lbs
Proficiency Class: Simple weapons
Damage and Type: 1d6 Bludgeon
Critical threat range 20/x2
Weapon Type: Bludgeoning weapons
Handedness: One-handed weapon
Default Modifiers: Daytime (less dam x22 nighttime more x23)
Damage: STR
Attack: STR
Durability: 50
Made from: Wood
Hardness: 5
Bless: no
IF used during ceremony must roll save vs.blight
IF blight > cancel bless
Warrior/Monk/Rogue/Wizard/ Exact 2d9 <save/save/roll null>
Description
A simple wooden weapon with a wide, round head and a narrow handle
-------------------------

Edit: just checked and no invite yet, and i just got a text from my work and ill be gone out of state for about 4 days.
I'll check my mail when i get back Sunday night. Name: Allager

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Aug 19, 2021

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

FreeWifi!! posted:

I like the fact the gear in game has is very descriptive and long

Simple Club
----------------------
Base Value: 1cp
Weight: 3 lbs
Proficiency Class: Simple weapons
Damage and Type: 1d6 Bludgeon
Critical threat range 20/x2
Weapon Type: Bludgeoning weapons
Handedness: One-handed weapon
Default Modifiers: Daytime (less dam x22 nighttime more x23)
Damage: STR
Attack: STR
Durability: 50
Made from: Wood
Hardness: 5
Bless: no
IF used during ceremony must roll save vs.blight
IF blight > cancel bless
Warrior/Monk/Rogue/Wizard/ Exact 2d9 <save/save/roll null>
Description
A simple wooden weapon with a wide, round head and a narrow handle
-------------------------

I don't even know what the hell half of that means.. :shrug:

Yea, I mean I could explain it, but honestly its better to learn to decipher the character page first to get more relevant information. But yea, I mean different weapons have different damage profiles and damage types. Critical multiplier, critical range, and the attack/damage stats are usually good to pay attention to though.

e: ^ I sent another invite, maybe I spelled it wrong last time. That is your character name, correct?

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
I went ahead and got a 1 month sub since the dungeons were too easy on normal. I hit level 2, finished the Korthos Island story arc (although I need to go back and do a couple optional quests I missed), and accepted my guild invite. Game is still fun! My main goal now is to find a warhammer since I picked that as my favored weapon when I was making my cleric.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Edly posted:

I went ahead and got a 1 month sub since the dungeons were too easy on normal. I hit level 2, finished the Korthos Island story arc (although I need to go back and do a couple optional quests I missed), and accepted my guild invite. Game is still fun! My main goal now is to find a warhammer since I picked that as my favored weapon when I was making my cleric.

You could try heading to keep on the borderlands. There is a special guy there that you can trade in ingots to (a drop in the dungeon) for most kinds of weapons. I like the quests also!

Edly
Jun 1, 2007

Lorem ipsum posted:

You could try heading to keep on the borderlands. There is a special guy there that you can trade in ingots to (a drop in the dungeon) for most kinds of weapons. I like the quests also!

Thanks! Now I have a +1 warhammer that can hit ghosts.

Ghosts!
Jan 6, 2004

Jossar posted:

Yeah I usually just run a quest once on elite or reaper 1 unless I'm trying to get an item. VIP helps quite a bit with just making more quests available to you, so you don't have to do any you are having problems with. And while soloing elite difficulty isn't that hard in the early levels even if you are new, it might be worth doing hard or whatever if you are just starting out or having trouble. The exp requirements for a 1st or 2nd life character are significantly lower, so you will still level quickly.

A few other basic tips, you may be familiar with these since you have played before:
1. Join a guild, and use guild buffs from the airship. These will make life generally easier
2. Use hirelings to help you with heals
3. DDO wiki has a wealth of information available, be sure to check it out
4. You can do the Keep on the Borderlands pack as an alternative for early levels if its available to you
5. The newer expansions and quest packs tend to have some pretty powerful gear for the level (feywild or ravenloft for example). I don't think the recent stat adjustments impacted gear outside of endgame, but I might be mistaken.

Finally, the game really opened up for me once I finally had a good, strong character build for soloing. This ended up being a 18wiz/2rog for me at the time, and I remember it as one of the better character lives that I've had. Being able to solo effectively was a real game changer since I was able to tackle quests at my own pace and actually figure out where to go and what to do, rather than just trying to keep up with the more experienced people.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

i've been looking for an excuse to play this, i enjoyed it years ago. here i come!

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Ghosts! posted:

I don't think the recent stat adjustments impacted gear outside of endgame, but I might be mistaken.

They did not, they basically just smoothed out the gearing curve for epics. Good tips - want me to put them up top?

nearly killed em! posted:

i've been looking for an excuse to play this, i enjoyed it years ago. here i come!

Dope, there is a ton new stuff - almost all of it is positive in my opinion!

I'm on a lot by the way as either "Stercuum" or "Water" so if anyone here wants someone to play with hit me up in guild chat or tells. I'm bad at going slow though because i've done the quests a lot so sorry in advance!

Ghosts!
Jan 6, 2004
Sure, feel free to use them.

That's good to know about the gear. I don't really have much endgame stuff, so it probably didn't affect me much. I'm curious how the epic destiny changes will play out.

Drashin
Feb 26, 2013
Can anyone send me an invite to the guild for Skrimira? Thanks in advanced.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Ghosts! posted:

Sure, feel free to use them.

That's good to know about the gear. I don't really have much endgame stuff, so it probably didn't affect me much. I'm curious how the epic destiny changes will play out.

Drashin posted:

Can anyone send me an invite to the guild for Skrimira? Thanks in advanced.

Done and done!

I really enjoy raiding in this game, I would just recommend avoiding raiding on Sunday due to lag. Thursdays at 9:30est there is a group called emerald claw that always does Curse of Strahd and Old Baba's Hut so thats a decent place to start for anyone that wants to get into raiding

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
I decided to bite a bullet and try this game again, dropped $15 for VIP cause I wanted to try out keep on the borderlands and other paid adventures. Went with a barbarian build, Superblanco is the name for him and I'd take a g invite if possible.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Elblanco posted:

I decided to bite a bullet and try this game again, dropped $15 for VIP cause I wanted to try out keep on the borderlands and other paid adventures. Went with a barbarian build, Superblanco is the name for him and I'd take a g invite if possible.

I feel like I saw you in town in passing haha. Invite sent.

I'm currently at level 8 in most current life if anyone wants to quest with me in that range tomorrow.

DankRhymer
Apr 21, 2003
Grizzlier than your average pirate
Hello, can I get an invite to Coatez please? Turns out I had a level 3 paladin from like 6 years ago when I tried this game briefly.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

DankRhymer posted:

Hello, can I get an invite to Coatez please? Turns out I had a level 3 paladin from like 6 years ago when I tried this game briefly.

Check your mail!

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Wake me up Ipsum when I can do Bastard Sword Paladin without being an ugly PDK.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Hy_C posted:

Wake me up Ipsum when I can do Bastard Sword Paladin without being an ugly PDK.

You can't do bastard sword, but you can now do a khopesh paladin with a specific khopesh!

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
So how much nickel and diming is there even if you go VIP? I remember having to pay for expansions and a bunch of classes and races. I can see the expansions are still paid, but what about monk/FVS/tiefling/WF/etc

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.

Elswyyr posted:

So how much nickel and diming is there even if you go VIP? I remember having to pay for expansions and a bunch of classes and races. I can see the expansions are still paid, but what about monk/FVS/tiefling/WF/etc

Most of it is included. Some of the universal skill trees require you to unlock via favor or buy. Most of my vip bux have gone to xp potions.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Elswyyr posted:

This is a comprehensive list of VIP benefits: https://ddowiki.com/page/VIP

Basically, there are still some races/classes not included such as Drow, Shifter, Artificer, Alchemist, and Favored Soul. You can unlock Favored Soul and Drow fairly easily just by playing, but the other three you need to buy with points.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
I'll put it in the OP, but since a few people ingame were unaware: You can talk to the captain on the airship to teleport to a lot of different places in the game. There is even a second page of teleport destinations that include of a lot of normally hard to get to places that bypass any quest requirements for getting to places such as meridia and the desert.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Figured I might as well check if manuelasaenz can get a guild invite

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

Figured I might as well check if manuelasaenz can get a guild invite

I tried to invite you, but the game is telling me you don't exist. Its based on the character name, not the account name so maybe that is the issue?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Lorem ipsum posted:

I tried to invite you, but the game is telling me you don't exist. Its based on the character name, not the account name so maybe that is the issue?

Now that I think about it I'm pretty sure I'm on Cannith server

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

Now that I think about it I'm pretty sure I'm on Cannith server

Oh yea, that would do it. I really wish they would figure out how to squish the servers. Apparently its super hard because they did the old mmo thing and tied everything the character names so merging would be a nightmare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

If nothing else it would help with population- idk if Argonessen is any better but I'm lucky to find even one open group when leveling