Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dopilsya
Apr 3, 2010
My brother and I decided to bro-op this game and are enjoying it a lot, but we ran into a problem. For anyone who's done Against the Slave Lords, we're on the 3rd quest for (Assault on Aerie of the Slave Lords) it and there's a blue magic barrier blocking us from continuing past near where we found Freda. We looked all over for switches or runes or anything, but can't find anything. We wanted to run through the quests blind, but we checked the wiki which doesn't indicate there's anything involving a barrier and watched a couple of other youtube videos of people doing it and there's no barrier at that point? Any advice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dopilsya
Apr 3, 2010

Lorem ipsum posted:

Can you screenshot it? I honestly don't remember that part super well. Is that the part with the laser and mirrors?

PMB posted:

Is that right at the start? After the first group of spiders (if they spawn) and the umberhulks? Just before you go down the slidy bit and drop down.
I've had that happen a few times when farming that first chest. That barrier is there until the spiders in that pack (or w/e spawned at the start) are killed. Sometimes they spawn in a wall/floor and you can't get them so wall stays up.

Sorry, I've been out for a bit. Yeah, it was right at the first part after killing those spiders. That's a little unfortunate, guess when we get back on we'll reset the quest and shoot our shot again.

Dopilsya
Apr 3, 2010
We're getting close to doing our first reincarnation. I see on the wiki that you can get bonuses from doing the regular heroic reincarnation and the racial reincarnation. When you reincarnate can you turn in both hearts to get both knocked out at once or is it one or the other?

Dopilsya
Apr 3, 2010

Umbreon posted:

I forgot this game existed and went to go see how it was doing after all these years. Looks like theyre still charging insane prices for every scrap of content, which is not cool but whatever.

Yeah, that kinda sucks. But(!) I'm F2P and it's not too bad. I got most (maybe all?) of the content packs through a code when they offered them for free and then just save my points and bought an expansion with it when that was on sale.

After a long hiatus, I hit level 20 on my fighter. My brother is really not liking his archer character so we're looking to do the true reincarnation as soon as possible. I know we need 20 tokens of the twelve, and the wiki has a list of quests, but it seems pretty limited. Can we get tokens from stuff like Keep on the Borderlands or is strictly those? Also I have yet to see an actual token we're just getting fragments so far.

Dopilsya
Apr 3, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

Tokens are just from the quests listed, and the full ones only drop in end chests. I think the Red Fens quests only drop parts of tokens but all the rest should have whole ones

E: once you get in the mood to grind I think the first lords of dust quest is the fastest to run through

drat, good to know though. We did the the Phiarlan Carnival chain since that was level 20 and only came away with fragments from all those, but afterwards did Devil Assualt and I got a token in the epic chest and another in one of the lockboxes so that was nice.

As a separate question, we're saving points to get expansions with. Anyone have a recommended order? Fables of the Feywild and Saltmarsh both sound cool, but I don't know if there's a better order to go in.

Dopilsya
Apr 3, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

Oh yeah I run Carnival very rarely but that's all fragments too I think. I usually do Lords of Dust, Vault of Night, Sentinels of Stormreach (including Spies which is pretty long) and usually Demon Sands and the Chronoscope raid.

In terms of expansions first off they usually go on sale around Black Friday. The Underdark/Shadowfell/Ravenloft pack is good (the gear is outdated especially the first two, but they're good epic XP and Ravenloft is fantastic, plus it gives you easy access to good enough weapons), I like Sharn a lot and Feywild also has very good leveling gear. Dread and Morgrave are the current cutting edge gear but I haven't played a lot with them yet. Saltmarsh isn't bad but not really necessary imo

Oh poo poo, I forgot we actually got the Ravenloft pack last time it was on sale, and yeah Ravenloft was 100% my jam. Not sure if we'll have enough points by black friday to pick up a new one, we'll try and give it a shot though, thanks!

Dopilsya
Apr 3, 2010
Obviously you need the ultimate for that warforged peacock to show off. But personally, the last sale for expansions was something like 75% off on point cost (or cash if you're doing it that way) for all but the newest stuff, so whenever the sale rolls around I'll probably just pick up anything that's got a deep discount.

Dopilsya
Apr 3, 2010
Agreed, I got a bunch of stuff through that. The code is supposedly expired, but you could give it a shot anyway and see if it goes through- https://www.ddo.com/news/ddo-free-dungeoncrawl.

On another note, playing dungeons on hard is a surprising difficulty spike. Traps didn't seem to do poo poo on normal so we rerolled as a paladin and sorcerer and those are brutal. I suppose next life, we'll have a dedicated trapper.

Dopilsya
Apr 3, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

Yeah plus once you get access to raise dead, getting killed in a party is more of an inconvenience rather than a show stopper

That's a good point, we need to hit Jorasco and stock up on some scrolls.

Lorem ipsum posted:

Its been hinted that there will be both black friday and christmas sales, I would wait for that if you are considering buying an xpac

Hell yeah. On that note is there any way to tell exactly what expansions I need? I know for a fact I got Menace of the Underdark and the Shadowfell Conspiracy on that DungeonCrawl sale for 99 points (I know it, because I did those on my last life), but it still shows up in the store for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dopilsya
Apr 3, 2010
It depends on how efficient you want to be about picking up expansions.

Ravenloft was a ton of fun, but there has been a couple of sales where you could get Ravenloft, Sharn, Shadowfell, and Menace of the Underdark for 99 points. I got them that way, and I've seen that sale at least one more time since then (along with a bunch of free adventure packs!).

I don't have the other 3, but I believe Saltmarsh costs the fewest amount of points in the store, so for me it's between Isle of Dread and Feywild. I did enjoy the two Feywild quests you get without the expansion, but I'm not sure which one has more content.