Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Have they ever done an adventures giveaway for DDO like they did/are doing for LOTRO? This is always a game I've wanted to sink more time into because it's just so uniquely weird but being several expansions behind as well as huge chunks of content has always felt a bit bad. I have Stormreach and Underdark apparently so I'm not sure exactly how far behind I am.

Also if one or more of the later expansions completely depricates the need for the OG level 5-9 crypts and stuff please call me an idiot for worrying about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Ah go figure, maybe they'll repeat it like LOTRO, thanks

Orv
May 4, 2011
This is a really broad question but is there a decent "What on earth to do in the ninety systems they've stapled to this game in the intervening decade" guide out there? I'm basically starting from scratch and the vibe I'm getting is it's very much turned into a sort of pseudo-ARPG style game where the two game end points are raiding and running content again and again to do stuff with builds, so any kind of first steps guide or anything would be great.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Reincarnation, Epic Destinies and Champions are the ones I had briefly heard about when looking around, if you wouldn't mind a tiny rundown on those.

I think my main confusion is that it seems like almost everything in the game, besides like favor and maybe destinies(?) is per character rather than account wide and I'm more used to like, "You should do X Y Z as a new player to boost/improve your account stuff" so if that's totally off-base I can just make a character and go and look into things as I hit them.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Awesome, thanks that's all great to know. I can probably just go ahead and slam my face into things and figure them out then.