Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious
Will give this a go. Going with a warforged wizard for now.,
Send an invite to Mesmerin Koll please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious
Having fun so far on my first life. Have enough xp to hit level 14 but holding off until i either hit cap or I finish off the ravenloft saga, what ever comes first.
Also rogue hirelings suck. They only seem to point any danger when I've already triggered the inevitable fatal trap. Slave lords was absolutely brutal.

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious
Their black friday sale has started. 60-85 % discount on the sharn and feywild previous expansions. Also otto boxes are on the store for the next couple of days.

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious

StashAugustine posted:

Oh sweet glad I waited on picking up Sharn, and Feywild is a nice bonus too. Figure I'll run those epic and maybe see about doing a raid before reincarnation

Hah, I was hoping you hadn't caved in and gotten it the other day.

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious
I did feywild at the heroic level and it was a lot of fun. Looking forward to doing the legendary ones when I get to 30.

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious
So am just about to hit 28 once I hand in the last stormhorns quest as that will finish off several saga's.
Quite like the storm horn quests, the DM voice, especially when he's doing the netherese mage complaining about his minions makes me laugh.
Also gently caress air elementals. Ran into one when up a cliff on the way to the netherese camp, was about half way there.
Got blown back to the start.
Had feather fall on an item, but took about a minute to before I landed right next to the guide. Thought bugger running back up again and paid three shards to get ported.
After this I think I'll head to Feywild. I really liked the area and quests when I did them on heroic and it's got a lot of good gear for my setup. Lack of lethal traps was also a bonus.

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious

Rookersh posted:

So I'm finally going to play this with a group of friends.

We've got a Paladin tank which'll go ??. A Cleric or Favored Soul who wants to heal. Other friend wants to be DPS so probably either Fighter or caster of some sort.

They all know DnD well enough I have no doubts they'll figure out their characters. I'm planning to be the Bard.

Last time I played this I remember traps were enough of an issue you wanted to splash 2 Rogue to be able to disable them/deal with them. Is that still the case? Should I be putting much effort into dealing with traps/opening locks, or can I largely handle that stuff through spells. None of us are going to know these levels, so kinda trying to feel out what I should be building for right at the start to help.

Ymmv, but I am now at 30 on my first life. When I died, 90% of the time it was due to a trap. Squashed, impaled, burnt, dissolved, you name it, it happened.
You can use the DDO wiki or compendium for info on the quests and trap locations if they're fixed, but some of those earlier written modules are absolutely brutal or have random locations for various trap. Don't be like me and try to solo slave lords without a trapper.

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious

Brain In A Jar posted:

Next time someone in the Argo guild is on, could you please flick an invite to Clownshoes?

I play in NZ/Aus time so I'm usually on when no-one else is.

Sent. :10bux:

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious
So been hanging out at level 30 (waiting on chest ransack timer to expire , I want my umbral soul from Sharn). Really like the class/race I played (warforged wizard, ek SWF from strimtom's hardcore season 4 thread) and still have a ridiculous amount of lvl 20-30 content I haven't even looked at so will likely do 1, possibly 2 epic reincarnations before doing the racial.
I'm looking at farming some decent gear for the lower levels when I'm back down there again after racial reincarnating.
I've been looking through guides and a lot of them mention the might of the abishi set from lvl 5 (is chronoscope popular or soloable?), green steel weapons/clickies for level 12, thunderforged weapons, giant hold armor, etc.
A lot of these threads or posts though are years old, are they still relevant or does the above mentioned gear no longer stack up against more recently released gear from the newer expansions?

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious

Lorem ipsum posted:

You don't really want to try to cancel your autoattacks, you actually lose damage if you do that. The only thing that is actually useful to cancel is the cleave animation which you can autocancel with holy smite or a second cleave.

Wait theres autoattack? I've just been clicking and holding down the left mouse button otherwise my guy just stands there after using an ability.

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious

StashAugustine posted:

had an incredibly awful hour long excursion in the crucible saved only by finding out the exalted angel healing aura is stupidly OP and let me just wander through the water spikes

After I fell off the ledge into the maze again - you know that part halfway through your leap where you've just started to descend and then you realise you did NOT buff jump so aren't going to make it - I started swearing so much that the dog slunk out of the room thinking he'd done something bad :(

PMB fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Dec 13, 2021

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious

StashAugustine posted:

anyway almost hit 30 and i'd like to get some reaper xp and more raids in this life, what's the general etiquette for setting up groups for those when I still don't know them super well?

I'm a few levels behind, but aim to hit 29/30 before the weekend and then probably do a full sharn/feywild run Friday/Saturday. I then bugger off on holiday for 3 weeks, so if you see me online with mesmerin I'll quite happily come along and die to traps on elevators and invisible walls (gently caress off rackham's challenge lmao)

PMB fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Dec 15, 2021

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious
Spent yesterday raiding with ipsum. I made major bank. :tenbux:
I'm going to stay at 30 for another week or two grinding out slaver mats (fingers crossed for a reaper stats), clearing up the lvl 24+ quests I haven't touched yet for first time reaper bonus ( i now hve 14 points and 210k reaper xp!) and running as many raids as possible.
I quite like raiding, what would be a good character to create as a first life dedicated raider to park at cap for when my main is on the tr train,. I'm guessing some type of healer?
I've got veteran II status so can start an alt at 7, but I'm thinking using one of the iconics would be quicker to get cap
I've got a lesser heart +3 , so can use one build to level quickly and then once I hit 30 respec for raiding/group play.

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious

Lorem ipsum posted:

e: Ugh in light of this change I think i'm finally going to finish farming out an entire heroic slavelords gearset. Let me know if you want to join this incredibly unfun adventure

I'll be up for that.
I quite like slave lords, but then again I've only been playing a few months. I find that compared to some of the other "legendary" quest lines, (sharn stuff in particular), the mobs seem a lot less likely to resist cc when I cast it in low reapers.
As the quests are all level 8, does that make it level 12 the maximum you can run the chain at reaper? There's still a few items from heroic (and legendary), that I'm after, and any rings/chains/shackles with reaper stats would be tops. Also busts/statutes for the mythic bonuses, but they seem to be rarer than rocking horse shite.
Just wondering whether to use a disposable iconic for it, my next tr will be to deepgnome (probably pm). I could either take only 12 levels on reincarnation and then run the chain till ransacked, or use a disposable iconic for the job if another build would be better for it as I think everything that drops there is bound to account.
Most of my raid timers come off this evening as well so if you're about again same time as last week tonight/tomorrow can either try make more bank raiding or run slave lords until I dislike it as well :D

StashAugustine posted:

What I paid on sale

That's bullshit. I hope you're still giving them crap.

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious
Just got my jibbers blade :smuggo:

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious
The new augments are nice. Being able to easily slot +10 melee power and +20 accuracy means I can drop the ring of prowess and make the tetris a bit easier. Remnant cost is a bit steep, but then again I just blew all of mine on the prr/mrr tomes.
Will definitely be doing more legendary slave lords runs for mats and (hopefully!) reaper blanks in between raids this weekend.
Also a few of my items got buffed, the slave lords legendary spinneret and mutilator of minds went from +1 quality spell focus mastery to +2, same with the celestial sage chest.
In other news, my first bank alt, FarmyMes , who started off at level 7 is now level 9. Once I hit 10 she'll get to put on the banked ravenloft stuff, at 12 new augments (6% dodge for vistani tokens and remenants) and will then leave her at that level as my heroic 8-12 farmer (slave lords reaper!). Using strimtoms arti bardi warlock build for it, I've found both playing it as well as min/maxing a character build and gear wise for a set level is another different kind of fun. After she's at 12 the next two mule alts will also double as a heroic and epic cannith challenge farmer. Ring of the stalker and those bracers of wind look great at all heroic levels. Artificer one would have helped with my warforged leveling as well.
I might have made a spreadsheet to track everything. Once an eve online player........

PMB fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Feb 24, 2022

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious
Looked at the anniversary rewards. Brussel sprout beaters/Brocollis bashers would be great for ooze bashing. Sentient jewels of kobold and the dragon would be nice, but cost 250 party favours each. Rest of the stuff just seems that it will sit there taking up bank space.

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious
They've got a big discount on the sharn/feywild (75%) and saltmarsh (50%) in the cash market place at the moment if you haven't already got them. No discount on them for DDO points though.

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious

StashAugustine posted:

Picked up saltmarsh, was considering feywild ultimate for the +1 destiny point but idk if you can upgrade it?

Cool, we can do a saga run if you want as well when you're on this weekend? Quests are pretty straightforward and it's currently the only place to get nebular fragments and those shards for upgrading stuff.
On the tome front, I had both Tome of Destiny (Feywild) and Tome of Destiny (Historic) that I used on a single character. The feywild ones I have one for every character I create, the historic ones I got I think 3 in total for the whole account due to having got epic destiny as part of previous expansions.
The historic one and the one you buy from store are the same thing. Feywild will stack on top of those but isn't available for purchase for store points yet.
Also that epic rogue hireling that comes with the full pack will find/disable/unlock everything on legendary and seems to have a somewhat working AI compared to a lot of the other rogue hireling in the game .

PMB fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Feb 25, 2022

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious
Sorry! I responded when you said hello in guild and then went afk when the phone rang.
Sales on the expansions end on the 13th. Usually it's once a year on black Friday for a week or so.

At 15 people usually hit Sharn. The gear sets there will basically last you until you replace them with their legendary version at 28.

Expansions released after ravenloft
Sharn (levels 15-18 , 32)
Feywild (5-8, 32)
Saltmarsh (3-5, 32)

I'd recommend Sharn if you're going to grab an expansion. I really enjoyed the quests there, plus it's right around your current level and the lvl 32 versions of the quests provide end game gear (well, till the expansion drops).
Feywild is great as well, get that if you're going to get two when they're this price.
Saltmarsh is ok, it's the most recent but it's more like a large adventure pack than a full expansion. It's the only place to currently source some crafting ingredients for upgrading items into artifacts and the quests are fairly straightforward, but I think the best thing about Saltmarsh is the permanent gold seal lvl 3 and lvl 30 rogue hirelings that comes with the full pack.

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious
I haven't done gatekeepers arc yet this life (nor sharn p2, feywild and saltmarsh), so would be up for running those with you if I'm online and you need an extra chest puller.
Planar eyes quests are kind of annoying, is it Brightgaze you're after?

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious

Tabletops posted:

ok, i may try the VIP thing then if I do. maybe wait till stuff gets free again? maybe?

edit: also, is there a goon guild or one that I can join on argo? there are buffs for being in a guild right?

Yes and yes. Just post here (or pm me) with your character name and either myself or someone else can post you a guild invite if you're not online to invite at the time.

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious
When the servers comes up today after the patch I think there's going to be a lot of cats....

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious

Lorem ipsum posted:

So uh 2 pieces of news:

-You have until Sat to transfer off HC6
-They just announced that HC7 starts next week (wtf?) https://www.ddo.com/news/ddo-hardcore-league

I think this is an incredibly dumb move on the part of SSG. No advance notice or anything. Players usually arrange groups for hardcore and that's going to be a major pita with the holidays and sod all notice.
I get that the hardcore season that just ended most likely made them much needed $$, but if there's going to be a perpetual HC season then the existing servers for none-hc play are hosed. ITYOOL 2022 you'd think they could work out how to publish a calendar.

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious

Perpetual Notion posted:

I have one that's similar to the above but its 12 fighter, 3 bard, 5 rogue. I think its better than the barbarian setup
Basic leveling path:
Rogue, 3 Bard, Rogue, Fighter, Rogue, Fighter to 18, last 2 Rogue
start with 18 intel, all levelup stat increases into intel
Single weapon fighting line, shield mastery line
weapon focus/specialization/improved crit slash
precision
then the big enhancement highlights include:
all chain enhancements
the swashbuckling along with the shield style for bucklers from bard
kensei focusing on whatever weapon style has handaxe
intel to hit and damage as well as know the angles from harper

Between your damage output and your high defenses most things will melt before they can do much damage to you, once you hit 20+ take enough into unyielding sentinel to get renewal, otherwise go with legendary dreadnaught and wear a wizardry item which should be plenty to keep you in spellpoints

That actually sounds quite fun to play. I haven't done shadar kai lives yet, though i'll probably grab the shield speciality feat at 31 instead of the full line so I can squeeze in dodge, mobility and whirlwind attack as well.

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious

Dopilsya posted:

My brother and I decided to bro-op this game and are enjoying it a lot, but we ran into a problem. For anyone who's done Against the Slave Lords, we're on the 3rd quest for (Assault on Aerie of the Slave Lords) it and there's a blue magic barrier blocking us from continuing past near where we found Freda. We looked all over for switches or runes or anything, but can't find anything. We wanted to run through the quests blind, but we checked the wiki which doesn't indicate there's anything involving a barrier and watched a couple of other youtube videos of people doing it and there's no barrier at that point? Any advice?

Is that right at the start? After the first group of spiders (if they spawn) and the umberhulks? Just before you go down the slidy bit and drop down.
I've had that happen a few times when farming that first chest. That barrier is there until the spiders in that pack (or w/e spawned at the start) are killed. Sometimes they spawn in a wall/floor and you can't get them so wall stays up.

PMB fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Jul 10, 2023

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious

Umbreon posted:

I forgot this game existed and went to go see how it was doing after all these years. Looks like theyre still charging insane prices for every scrap of content, which is not cool but whatever.

Been trying to make a character with this build, when stuff like this appears in the skill section:

Class Skills: Concentration(4), Disable Device(4)

Does that mean I spend 4 points in it, or bring the total mod to 4?

e: Looks like I can only get UMD to 2 in the first place, not sure how to get it to 4 at level 1.

Cross class skills you get 0.5 skill points per point spent, so your case UMD is a cross class skill,, spending 4 points would give you a skill mod of 2.

They did have the free code thing recently where you could get all of the released (non expansion) quest packs for free. There is usually a sale of the expansions on Black Friday as well.

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious
Sent!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PMB
Oct 30, 2002

Moist and Delicious

Jorgos Nuuh posted:

Can't go wrong with free expansion, which ever you choose*. They could have done a bit better than the stupid 1 potion for us that have them all though.

Edit: Well, you should probably pick one of the newer ones, iod, feywild or saltmarsh because the older ones are on sale frequently.

Yeah, I picked up IOD on some alt accounts, it's the most expensive pack in store and has never been discounted (will likely change come next sale though).
Plus the whole dinosaur thing make my inner 6 year old very happy.