Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Or once you've reincarnated. Chaining elites makes a lot more sense with the extra experience needed for reincarnation. And 1st reincarnation = skip to hard, 2nd = skip to elite. Bright side is you just need someone in your group who has access even if you don't. Can help make it more challenging for a first life non-VIP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

For races: https://ddowiki.com/page/VIP#Account_benefits: Access to the Warforged, Half-Elf, Half-Orc, Gnome, Dragonborn, Aasimar, and Wood Elf races. Must purchase Drow (account-wide) or unlock through Favor (per server).
Drow are only like 400 favor to unlock, not worth buying.

Haruharuharuko posted:

Since the code for all the free adventure packs dropped I decided to reinstall but am unable to really play the game launches in 4:3 which is fine but if I try to change the resolution of the game it crashes and says it couldnt initialize direct3d please insure directx 9.0 dec 2005 is installed which I've done repeatedly. I've tried reinstalling it both through steam and direct download I even tried the wrapper installer on the ddo forums to no avail. At this point I'm reinstalling it on my work wifi just to see what happens, anyone have any ideas on this?

First try installing this explicitly if you didn't: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/confirmation.aspx?id=35
Next in the launcher at the top: hit the down arrow -> options -> try repair first and/or resetting display settings. Then I would try switching the game client. 64bit > 32 > 32 legacy.
You can also try switching via the in-game settings between DX9 and DX11, trying full-screen vs windowed as well.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Tomes apply as you level up.
https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Ability_tome

+1 and +2 bonuses will be applied at character level 1 and higher
+3 bonuses will be applied at character level 3 and higher
+4 bonuses will be applied at character level 7 and higher
+5 bonuses will be applied at character level 11 and higher
+6 bonuses will be applied at character level 15 and higher
+7 bonuses will be applied at character level 19 and higher
+8 bonuses will be applied at character level 22 and higher

So if you have no inherent bonus at level 1, then something may have went wrong. Otherwise if it's just not the full +8 that would be why.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Done.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Single use though: https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Elite_Difficulty_Quest_Unlock_Token

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Mailed you an invite.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

It's one or the other. A common thing to do is to go to level 30 and do an epic reincarnation which resets you to 20 and then heroic/racial reincarnate back down to level 1. That way you can make progress with both at once and see quests that you don't do during a heroic run.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yeah it looks like the launch one and the two-three(?) I created before Shadowfell are gone at this point. Was there anything in particular you were looking for with them?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Black friday sales:
https://twitter.com/DDOUnlimited/status/1727392403865100451

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Dragon Lord is free for everyone not just VIPs. After March 26th you'll need to either become a VIP or purchase via DDO Store (995 TP) to access it if you didn't already claim it.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Next reward is up: Slice of Life adventure pack level 18/34 in Morgrave University.
Make sure to talk to the dragon in the Hall of Heroes to unlock it permanently for your account before April 23rd. After that it'll be available in the DDO store and free for VIPs.

[Edit] Also daily gold rolls for VIP.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Mar 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Weird.

Why would that be the only reward??