Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jorgos Nuuh
Dec 28, 2004
Pröööööt
Anyone having problems creating a new account? Both Chrome and Firefox refuse to let me go forward from the initial name and password etc screen. Chrome with html 500 error and Firefox just showing me a blank, white screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jorgos Nuuh
Dec 28, 2004
Pröööööt

quote:

I've heard of this happening, but have no idea what the resolution is. I don't know if its a server problem on their end or something else. I'm happy to try making one for you if you send me an account name and throwaway email address. You can change the email and password later.

Thanks for the offer, it's just my alt account I'm trying to make. I'll try some more options.
Too bad I'm on a different server. I'll make an alt and join you if you need more for guild bonus though.

Jorgos Nuuh
Dec 28, 2004
Pröööööt
I think you actually need to go to the Saltmarsh tavern and claim the expansion-stuff from a dude there. You can get to Saltmarsh from Gatekeepers' Grove.

Jorgos Nuuh
Dec 28, 2004
Pröööööt
I guess the other rogue hirelings have different AI than Frogo, the Saltmarsh gold seal one? Frogo has been really useful for me. Or perhaps I remember where the most of the traps are and I'm automatically more careful around them.

Jorgos Nuuh
Dec 28, 2004
Pröööööt

PMB posted:

Also gently caress air elementals. Ran into one when up a cliff on the way to the netherese camp, was about half way there.
Got blown back to the start.

That one is a classic, drat I cursed SO loud when it happened to me first time.

Jorgos Nuuh
Dec 28, 2004
Pröööööt
Got a guild for something hardcore? And how to join it?

Jorgos Nuuh
Dec 28, 2004
Pröööööt
Oh, you're Airbud? Watched you play with Strimtom yesterday. Grats!

Jorgos Nuuh
Dec 28, 2004
Pröööööt
You can try to run it from the launcher I think. Options - and then you can choose from 64/32 and legacy if I remember correctly.

Edit. I think I had some problems trying to run 64-bit that were related to NVIDIA-card. Found a fix for that on the official forums.

Jorgos Nuuh fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Apr 10, 2022

Jorgos Nuuh
Dec 28, 2004
Pröööööt
I had the same problem, this helped me https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/512233-NVIDIA-64-bit-Client-Issue

Jorgos Nuuh
Dec 28, 2004
Pröööööt
drat, sorry to hear it. I'm still using win10 so I guess that's something to look forward to when I have to upgrade to 11.

Jorgos Nuuh
Dec 28, 2004
Pröööööt
I'll make an alt and collect the learning tomes and sentient exp etc. crap I get from expansions and do daily gold rolls. Sod actually playing that.

Jorgos Nuuh
Dec 28, 2004
Pröööööt
I'd get Isle of Dread, it has a nice crafting system for end level and pretty baller drops all around. Also Ravenloft and Sharn etc old packs are occasionally on nice sale, like 99TP or so.

IOD is level 7 and can probably carry you further than Ravenloft that is lvl 10 but I'm no expert on rangers. I do love Ravenloft as a pack though, best quests barring a couple.

So, moneywise IOD is the best shot, imo.

Jorgos Nuuh
Dec 28, 2004
Pröööööt
Can't go wrong with free expansion, which ever you choose*. They could have done a bit better than the stupid 1 potion for us that have them all though.

Edit: Well, you should probably pick one of the newer ones, iod, feywild or saltmarsh because the older ones are on sale frequently.

Jorgos Nuuh fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Apr 25, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jorgos Nuuh
Dec 28, 2004
Pröööööt
I suggest getting (atleast) 2 levels of rogue, for evasion. And make your first level rogue, you get more skillpoints that way to start with. That Harper int for hit/damage is nice as is the trance.

I have an swashbuckler alt I play occasionally (bard 18/rogue 2), fun for elite and low Reaper, can do traps and decent damage, buffs, bit of healing etc. Sadly swashbucklers are for 1 handed weapons so quarterstaff doesn't work.