Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the very idea of using the fuckin intellivision name for this thing blows my mind

intellivision sucks and it always sucked, even the coleco chameleon made more sense from a mining nostalgia perspective

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the intellivision had some games with amazing ideas for the time that were often hampered by the technology and/or especially the terrible, awful, bad, no-good controllers

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Detective No. 27 posted:

Tommy gave Katamari Damacy a bad review because he didn't like the music.

what the gently caress

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I was thinking today, while listening to last week's CUpodcast... consider how much more popular the Atari 2600 was compared to the Intellivision (I don't have exact numbers, but suffice it to say, MUCH more popular I just looked it up, and apparently, sales were 10:1 for the 2600), and couple that fact with how the Atari VCS came out recently and died a quick death.

How the HELL can anyone think that this has legs?

the use of the intellivision name for this has always baffled me

like, i fuckin love the 2600. i love that era of gaming in general. yet i have an intellivision and that thing fuckin sucks rear end. even if you like really old games, or find them fascinating from a historical perspective or whatever, the intellivision is bad and nobody gives a gently caress about it today.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Randalor posted:

"THINK ABOUT THE COLLECTORS!"

i think about the collectors all the time, specifically giving them a swirlie and then shoving them in a locker

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i just finished watching that video and holy lmfao it just keeps going deeper and getting more insane, i cannot believe tommy tallarico is a real person

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Turbinosamente posted:

I only had time to skim some of the video, but I'm left wondering why does Tommy have to self aggrandize so much? He's still obnoxious in the late 90s and early 00s but doesn't seem as bad about swiping credit then versus now. Is he currently chasing the "rock star" game dev fame he barely had back then? Rock star style game creators aren't a thing anymore, at least not in the same way they used to be.

narcissistic personality + mid-life crisis + massive fear of no longer being relevant

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

shark shark is legit a top-tier intellivision game so losing the rights to have it in any future intellivision compilation is actually lovely as hell for gaming history.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

smashjt was one of the many massive amico shills who tossed extremely hosed-up insults at pat the nes punk when pat correctly called the amico a scam right after it was revealed, so i don't really care what he has to say about amico or really anything else. he has shown himself to be at best a total sucker and a very unpleasant person.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Hell Yeah posted:

everything tommy tallarico has done in his life has been a scam it's just some of them worked out because of other peoples hard work and became legitimate.

the fact that it came out after hbomb's video that tommy plagiarized the music he 'composed' for earthworm jim really does convince me that the man has done close to nothing legitimate in his entire career, it's astounding

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Hold on, what? I didn't hear about this. I mean, I'm not entirely surprised but jfc, I at least thought the guy was a good composer at one point. Wow.

they were midis he downloaded off of bbs' and tweaked slightly, i am not joking (well that and other songs that other people on the team made but he took credit for wow huge shocker there)

https://twitter.com/lebrickster/status/1649140841318080512

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

karl jobst got his start writing pick-up artist books before pivoting to speedrunning, he has always been a total piece of poo poo