Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Just saw AHS Feral and goddamn, what a stupid loving episode. Definitely regret starting it over halfway cause I was only paying half-attention. The only nice thing I have to say about it were some of the monsters would've been cool enemy designs in a Bloodbourne videogame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Haha he was one of the reasons I hated it, that dude acts fuckin weird. + lol that the park rangers get a special confidential exposition file folder.

Doltos posted:

The current episode features a middle aged woman who becomes obsessed with making a video game about the Murder House in order to reconnect with her teenage son who really likes the AHS show. It might be the worst piece of television ever made. That's not hyperbole. I've never seen something this nonsensical since Things. This goes up there with the third episode of Dracula.

Honestly, I think I would've liked it if not for the last scene. I mean, a lot of very stupid things going on, and that kid was a little shithead, but I've always wanted someone to just burn the place down. But with that final scene... I have no clue which parts of it happened and which are videogame and if all the poo poo with the kid and mom was also in the videogame? And somehow whichever red ball ghost was is now in the mom's house, this a "Ring" thing they're adding in? Are the ghosts going to multiply when the game is released?

I laughed when the subtitles said some Noah Cyrus song played and then I realized off-brand Miley was actually just her sister.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
This new season reminds me of the pointless part of the terrible "Feral" Stories episode, hope it wraps up just as quick. The monsters here aren't scary or interesting for me to not think about things like: do people in town not notice this dance troupe of weirdoes with sharp teeth when they are walking around town, harassing people, or lurking around graveyards. Why is janis jormpjomp filing the losers' teeth?? Do these uniformed street dancers, on their way to menace little girls through windows they never think to break, not draw any attention and seamlessly blend in with other meth heads, who do normal tweaker things and don't dance in the streets in thriller costumes while screeching and brandishing their sharpened teeth. Methhead Hobo Lady is the same to everyone as Bald Gang of Uniformed Choreographers for Cradle of Filth? Why don't the talented pill vampires not eat the untalented blood addicts? Will the Aliens swoop in to save this plot or do we have to wait for this one to be over then get a fresh start with Aliens? Where are the mermaids?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

Omg they explained how the pale guys got those ridiculous dusters 🤣

honestly they scrambled for answers to pretty much all the annoying questions I had about the vamp goons and art vamps that I've come around to enjoying this season. I really wasn't expecting them to actually explain the outfits, thought they were just gonna leave that for us to just Accept, but I appreciate that they thought about it and squeezed in an explanation.

I still hope they come up with some better motivations for the chemist though, small money, half-rear end research, being responsible for creating cannibals and their murders, inexplicably not being murdered by ever increasingly horde of crazed drug addled mooks. I'm hoping she's sprinkling some demon runes or alien nanobots or mermaid eyelashes or something more magic for an ulterior motive we'll discover whenever the other stuff shows up.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

The first pale one had several days of being coherent. He was able to go coat shopping and beg for more pills. Doris was fully incoherent in, what, 12 hours? Is that because she's female? Had just had a kid? What's up with that?

I chalked it up to her being out of her mind on pills, stress, gaslighting, hormones, etc. The sound of the baby crying made her go berserk, which seems like it's piggybacking off the physiological reaction a new mother would feel when hearing baby cry. But yeah, seemed a bit fast of a transition but its AHS, stuff always happens fast when it's time to move along.

A Fancy Hat posted:

I keep waiting for some big twist that the "talented" people actually just got lucky.

So far we've seen the extent of these "super talented" people being rewriting Avatar 2, rebooting Speed Racer, and playing the violin extremely well (but not actually creating your own music or anything).

I'm probably overthinking this, though a few other people have also noted that they're just regurgitating already existing things, not adding anything to the world.

I'm willing to overlook all the Nosferatu vampires dressing the same and not getting arrested, but I need to know if Speed Racer reboot is a joke or we're supposed to think its a big deal.

Isn't the author dad writing original works? I got the impression they were making all sorts of different work. It's all good for what it is is, whether that's impressive is up to you. Like the little girl playing violin... Not impressive, I know playing instruments really well is very hard, and I've been moved by music, but I don't think I've ever been like "hot drat, this person in the orchestra is just next-level, hope we get to hear them make violin noise just as good as what someone wrote down.

Hey I'm super talented art vampire, maybe you've heard of my famous books and tv shows, they're everywhere I'm a mega millionaire and btw here's my daughter she can play music, in one instrument, just as good as a computer!

I thought it was interesting that methlady took the pills, was cool feeding on a big art vampire, then turned out to not be talented enough, and then drowned herself. Is this how the mermaids will come to have a taste for art vampires, or maybe they snack on her corpse and get addicted themselves?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

Was methlady not talented enough? I got the impression she did her art good and then killed herself because she didn't want to live as a vampire. She did her masterpiece and then offed herself.

I just rewatched and I reckon you could take it either way, but she doesn't look quite as frustrated as interior design mom did. However, from the way she was making paint strokes, the paints, brushes, and paper involved, I have to imagine that at best, she scribbled out some sloppy landscape prolly looking more basquiat than william turner.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Im pretty sure she was a talented vampire because she was able to eat Macaulay and the specifically showed/said the untalented vampires couldn't do that.

oh right, that fits way more than revealing her cool meth body had an aberrant reaction. Also I thought talent vamps couldn't do it before either but I was wrong

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah that was way too much after already overpowering her dad, who at least has the excuse of like maybe not wanting to straight up murder his daughter after being attacked. Also people don't die after one bite in the neck, this series treated that like some kind of instakill headshot and they also don't just scream and let it happen. I was coming around to the crap they'd started weaving here but it all kind of fell apart in a really astonishing way. I'm also no longer thinking there will be any interesting crossover between plots. Just two different underbaked plot ideas lol

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

GreenNight posted:

Nothing in the entire season made any sense. Where the gently caress are the cops? One cop? No one saw these assholes hanging around running people down? Christ.

cops will never help you

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The alien half of last season was a "skip" for me. Still pissed no mermaids.

Was still excited to see new Stories pop up!
Sexy Clown Mommy was maybe going to be a pretty standard evil wins until the pivot at the end which didn't feel very earned. I think I'd like the ending more if they chucked the kid in the well instead of letting him tag along.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Drive was stupid.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I called the trick pretty early on, but at least this didn't have anything completely eyerolling. It was a Horror Story set in and about America, it has fulfilled its promise.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
getting so annoyed at this necophiliac for not even trying to bare modicum to hide her identity. not even hoodie and sunglasses, no haircut, no hair dye i mean, nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Feels like the lowest effort stories yet. Most generic ghost-story outline, villain who just shows their whole rear end in one scene to justify their impending death, all in all pretty children's Scary Stories kinda deal. Also lol at this petition to bring down the dam, find it hard to beleive that many people would sign it, especially for the stated reasons by old local coot historian.

Atlanta also had a better episode based on the premise of a town destroyed when a new drat floods it into a lake of local ghost legend.