Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

having an BIG argument about titles. he's okay with "domainlord" "e-manager" "computer boy" or, and i hate this one the most, "web submaster (to spiderman)."

this was supposed to be a stepping stone to something bigger, maybe doing work for the avengers or x men but working for spiderman means nothing if it says "email servant" on my resume.

if anyone has advice on dealing with a client like this i'd really love it. i'm at the end of my web here, as it were, and anyone with similar experiences they could share would be helpful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

i think you knew that you weren't the head web master going into this

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Heather Papps

hello friend

the spiderman of my youth used to be called "the friendly neighbourhood spiderman" and while i am sure he is a great neighbour he is a NIGHTMARE of a boss. this job is not at all what i expected. i guess he's really into photography and wants a gallery section but half the pictures are him in just a mask covered in his own webbing. he showed them to me when i said i wanted to be the webmaster, as if they explained anything.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Heather Papps

hello friend

he's also insistent on having a very elaborate webshrine to mary jane parker, this soap opera actress? i mean he's paying me, but he's also paying me to make him look good. honestly this bit is the least of my worries. i've had folk call me up at all hours for jobs but you can choose to not answer the phone. the one time i tried this with spiderman i heard a knock at my window and when i opened it he jumped in with a folder of design ideas.

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
If you hyphenate his name the way he likes he's sure to treat you sweeter

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Heather Papps

hello friend

How Wonderful! posted:

If you hyphenate his name the way he likes he's sure to treat you sweeter

ah jeez i really should have googled him before i took this job. he mentioned something about a secret war on mars i think so i'm gonna have a little break from the spider - man for a bit

How Wonderful!

Heather Papps posted:

ah jeez i really should have googled him before i took this job. he mentioned something about a secret war on mars i think so i'm gonna have a little break from the spider - man for a bit

Mars is where the mutants are if you still want to get your foot in the door with that demographic... shoot Nightcrawler a line imo with a CV and a polite intro, that guy is a soft touch

Heather Papps

hello friend

How Wonderful! posted:

Mars is where the mutants are if you still want to get your foot in the door with that demographic... shoot Nightcrawler a line imo with a CV and a polite intro, that guy is a soft touch

thanks for this tip! i can't imagine a lot of these spandex people use webs, so he should have no problem hiring Beautiful Animated Multimedia Features for all his digital needs!

How Wonderful!

Please feel free to list me as a reference, me and that pack of kanuckleheads go way back

biosterous

spider-man, spider-man,
out-of-touch tech-wise spider-man
thinks flash sites are all the rage
made me design a guestbook page
please get
with the times, spider-man

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Manifisto

biosterous posted:

spider-man, spider-man,
out-of-touch tech-wise spider-man
thinks flash sites are all the rage
made me design a guestbook page
please get
with the times, spider-man

Heather Papps posted:

he's also insistent on having a very elaborate webshrine to mary jane parker, this soap opera actress? i mean he's paying me, but he's also paying me to make him look good. honestly this bit is the least of my worries. i've had folk call me up at all hours for jobs but you can choose to not answer the phone. the one time i tried this with spiderman i heard a knock at my window and when i opened it he jumped in with a folder of design ideas.

How Wonderful! posted:

Please feel free to list me as a reference, me and that pack of kanuckleheads go way back

ty nesamdoom!

biosterous

my advice, he's ignored
says clean design makes him bored
all of my nerves are frayed
his "web stylesheets" don't cascade
please stick
to crime fighting, spider-man

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

How Wonderful!

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Dude I want to add a middle name to my name. I wasn't feeling them at the time I took my big boy name that goes on the diplomas and now it will be too late to do so without forever having to keep a recently notarized change of name form for whenever I have to use said diplomas.

Let people be called whatever they want OP.

FutonForensic

lol

Heather Papps

hello friend

well i just got back from meeting nightcrawler. intense guy, but in a good way. only problem is the whole drive there and back i was hearing this weird beeping and when i checked under my car i found this weird spider shaped... i want to say bug but that just feels off. tracking device maybe?

the culprit seems obvious but i can't imagine spider - man would be dumb enough to shape a gps tag like his logo, right? i know a guy who makes bat shaped light fixtures who does incredible business in gotham city but it's this rich guy buying em up. must be a really big fan of batman i guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take the moon

by sebmojo
in one of the comix he worked as a web designer it was a bad joke

& lol

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!