Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

I have watched half of S01E02 "The Naked Now", which is utter dreck. I'll try and watch the second half tonight (and post a picture, probably of someone sweating or Riker's thrilling investigation into whether humans have ever showered with their clothes on).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Aardvark! posted:

2x09 The Measure of a Man - god drat it stop messing with my beautiful innocent data!!!
also great legal system they got here forcing Riker to prosecute his own shipmate :thumbsup:

Don't worry, this rear end in a top hat gets his comeuppance 30 years by being murdered by his girlfriend who was literally a toddler at the time when he was suing Starfleet to take possession of and disassemble Data.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
If I remember right everyone kind of forgives her for it.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
For a man who was so determined to get access to the insides of other people he was hopeless at finding the G spot.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

drilldo squirt posted:

If I remember right everyone kind of forgives her for it.

The guy created, in descending order, an entire race of slave robot people, and an insane robot death cult that nearly kicked off the apocalypse. #JuratiDidNothingWrong

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Aardvark! posted:

i watched 5 more episodes so i guess i should post itt again in accordance w/ the thread title

Absolutely incredible "The Enterprise ruins everything episode"

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Timby posted:

(This is why he does his weird leg-over move when sitting down on chairs.)

that's the Riker manoeuvre and it owns

here's a compilation of every time he does it and not once does anyone question why
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVIGhYMwRgs

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Cerv posted:

here's a compilation of every time he does it and not once does anyone question why

In the future you can sit on chairs in whatever batshit weirdo way you like and nobody cares. A true utopia

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Angepain posted:

In the future you can sit on chairs in whatever batshit weirdo way you like and nobody cares. A true utopia

I think I recall hearing that the reason Frakes did this was because he hosed up his back years prior and those stupid spandex uniforms were agony to move in above the waist so he went gently caress it and just swung his leg over all the chairs to sit down and it stuck.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

nine-gear crow posted:

just swung his leg over all the chairs to sit down

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

josh04 posted:

I have watched half of S01E02 "The Naked Now", which is utter dreck. I'll try and watch the second half tonight (and post a picture, probably of someone sweating or Riker's thrilling investigation into whether humans have ever showered with their clothes on).

I finished this bizarre episode. The climax was quite dramatic after an entire episode of nothing. Was it an actual reference to a TOS episode?

And what the gently caress is up with Patrick Stewart's intonation here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYtyEU8gE4&t=55s

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

He's trying to be quiet but also forceful. It was also before he settled into staid old frenchman captain, back when he thought it was still going to be action hero captain.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I'm almost done with season 3 lol. soz forgot about thread and watched a shitload over the weekend.

definitely more consistently good episodes in s3. :thumbsup:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Aardvark! posted:

I'm almost done with season 3 lol. soz forgot about thread and watched a shitload over the weekend.

definitely more consistently good episodes in s3. :thumbsup:

The good news is it's pretty much all gonna be gravy until it kinda runs out of steam in the last season, which is still pretty good. Enjoy!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
as soon as i posted that i got a freaking Lwaxana Troi episode :ughh:

3x24 menage a troi

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

not seeing how that breaks the streak of good episodes tbh

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Jazerus posted:

not seeing how that breaks the streak of good episodes tbh

Lwaxana episodes have that thing where they suck, until you watch all the way through DS9, and then you re-watch the old ones and then they're awesome.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Aardvark! posted:

as soon as i posted that i got a freaking Lwaxana Troi episode :ughh:

3x24 menage a troi

The final two minutes of Menage A Troi being awesome almost makes up for the preceding 40 minutes of it being terrible. Almost.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
"Mr. Crusher, set course for Beta Zed. ...warp nine."

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

CainFortea posted:

He's trying to be quiet but also forceful. It was also before he settled into staid old frenchman captain, back when he thought it was still going to be action hero captain.

He hisses "please" like a goose.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

josh04 posted:

He hisses "please" like a goose.

I didn't say it works.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
lol i love warf's parents

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

"Mr. Crusher, set course for Beta Zed. ...warp nine."

And Wes's little knowing smirk and the Enterprise just hauling rear end out of the area are just beautiful.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Aardvark! posted:

lol i love warf's parents

worf's parents are russian spies. one wants to talk to everyone and one want to examine the ship? that's intel gathering if i've ever seen it

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I’m almost done with loving voyager and will try to blast through tng one last time before it’s gone from netflix.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Just finished TNG season 5, it's good. Best moment of the last few episodes was when Geordi kicked a Romulan into space

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I can't find a gif of that so take this instead

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

S01E03: Code of Honor

A little more racist than I was expecting! Uh, Patrick Stewart is settling into the role though.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

josh04 posted:

A little more racist than I was expecting! Uh, Patrick Stewart is settling into the role though.

the writer of this episode would go on to write a very similar kind of episode for stargate sg-1, which was also s1e3. there was just something weird in the air with flagship 1990s sci fi shows and s1e3

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
4x16 galaxy's child. Woof, I thought Dr. Brahms was long dead or at least really old in her first appearance. Geordi is a freak

also

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Jazerus posted:

the writer of this episode would go on to write a very similar kind of episode for stargate sg-1, which was also s1e3. there was just something weird in the air with flagship 1990s sci fi shows and s1e3

I recall reading that it wasn't the writer, but the casting people who decided it needed to all be "tribal black people" and the directors were fine with it.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

josh04 posted:

Jonathan Frakes would go on to dismiss it as a "racist piece of poo poo," which is about right.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Aardvark! posted:

4x16 galaxy's child. Woof, I thought Dr. Brahms was long dead or at least really old in her first appearance. Geordi is a freak

also

Life uhh... finds a way.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
4x17 night terrors - Lol

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
God willing they will never write a troi episode again.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Aardvark! posted:

4x17 night terrors - Lol

God, I can't believe the scene where Guinan busts out her assault rifle is in the same episode where Troi flies through a green fart cloud and Marina Sirtis finds the point where she just stops giving a poo poo.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Crescent Wrench posted:

Jonathan Frakes would go on to dismiss it as a "racist piece of poo poo," which is about right.

90% of the Memory Alpha page background info is quotes from the cast and crew slating it. amazing that it ever got made.

then Gene Roddenberry's son Rod saying he doesn't see any problem at all o_O

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Aardvark! posted:

also

it's a genuinely deeply uncomfortable episode

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
4x19 The Nth Degree

Socially Awkward Reg is back and he's still less awkward than Geordi Forcing Himself To Be Nice To Reg.

Why is Geordi the #1 source of cringe energy in interstellar space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Aardvark! posted:

4x19 The Nth Degree

Socially Awkward Reg is back and he's still less awkward than Geordi Forcing Himself To Be Nice To Reg.

Why is Geordi the #1 source of cringe energy in interstellar space

Writers did him dirty.