Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Everything Burrito posted:

Jealousy, by Scarlet Beriko

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Namtab posted:

drat that would have been a good thread name

this

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Belan posted:

Chat Thread XXVI: VTuber Thread 4.0
This

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

verbal enema posted:

I have my loving av tattooed on my arm i can never be trolled

sans the hat
Do you actually

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

verbal enema posted:

Are you kidding?

i dont know how to handle this

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The 7th Guest posted:

also 80s and 90s news/media was full of "isn't Japan WEIRD? wow they're so WEIRD!" sentiment (this sentiment made a brief comeback for netflix's Enter the Anime)... and a lot of anime in US rental stores was kept in the adult only section... so it had this built in expectation of perversion before it went mainstream. so zoomers don't give a poo poo, gen x'ers still are like "japan has panty vending machines!"

i just think it's funny when someone outside of adtrw posts about a game/show they like and they immediately go "now, this isn't like, ANIME anime. it's cool, it isn't ~really~ ANIME"

like that brony documentary where all the male bronies kept shouting "I'M NOT GAY"
its really funny in the context of like you said zoomers not giving a poo poo. dudes who just joined big nfl teams talk about hunterxhunter and poo poo lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

marumaru posted:

like the internet as a whole used to? i distinctly remember an era where being into anime online was taboo.
this was never really true is the thign, it was in certain circles but internet was fairly mainstream on the internet extremely quickly.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fangz posted:

Also recall that until quite recently there was basically no legitimate way to watch anime so being an anime fan is kinda inherently admitting to illegal activity.
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also idk how to tell you this but anime dvds existed and were popular in the early 2000s.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

trucutru posted:

Depend on where you're from to be honest. The current leaders of Latin America grew on a healthy dose of anime.

It's not illegal to pirate your anime if the government is doing the pirating

https://torrentfreak.com/japanese-govt-intervention-fails-to-stop-mass-dragon-ball-super-piracy-180319/

and then they officially referenced those mass screenings in the broly movie, lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nyoro posted:

I've never seen Evangelion is it any good
yeah its pretty good, fun stylish visuals and some decent character stuff. the rebuild movies are alright too

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mentat Radnor posted:

The visuals are fantastic, and the worldbuilding / setting is interesting. Some characters I enjoyed a lot, while some just irked me. I thought the plot was nonsense, and I hated the ending (as in, End of Eva ending), but I understand I'm in the minority here as far as anime fans go. Regardless, it was and is hugely popular to the point where it has become iconic of the anime medium in general, so I guess there's also value in that respect if you want to get the constant references that are made to it in anime discussions and in other works.

I haven't seen any of the new movies yet, but I'll watch them eventually for the sick animation alone.
if you disliked the end of eva ending youll probably like how the rebuilds end

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lor posted:

This maybe a hugely stupid question, but is the latest the last one? As in the ending?
rebuild 3 + 1 is the ending of the rebuild movies (and for the time being, eva as a franchise,) yeah

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Aurora posted:

whats the watch order for all the post series stuff, should i just go by release date i assume
end of eva, and then just rebuild 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4

death and rebirth exists but is just a recap of the series and the first 20 or so minutes of end of eva

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Soks posted:

I can't believe you just said you like the scantily clad tentacle monster drawn by the rape obsessed artist of SAO. Gross, close this thread, close this forum. This is why we can't have nice things!
please stop.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

plenty of places, but you have to spend hours trawling through various lowrent discord servers until you find the one thats actually chill

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

most of the vtuber thread guys didnt post much in other parts of adtrw, yes. this thread and the seasonal thread are extremely chill really.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

we really don't need to relitigate this in this thread either. im literally on my hands and knees, begging, you people to just let it go.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

marumaru posted:

i downloaded the mod and it was surprised that it apparently has an edgy version of Rika from higurashi

it even seems to be the same VA? if it's related to umineko i guess it makes sense
this is literally just the umineko fighting game ported into mugen yes
that is just a character from umineko

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Chicken Thumbs posted:

The only good RP videos were the ones where slowbeef watched those AI generated chldren's mickey mouse videos and just gawked in horror, it's a shame they got taken down.
the ones about bizarre kickstarters and military contract ideas were also good

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i liked when slowbeef did a dangan ronpa video with lowtax and slowbeef clearly liked dangan ronpa but lowtax kept making fun of the game while slowbeef went 'haha, yeah, this is stupid anime bullshit...'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Willo567 posted:

I'm glad SA isn't like it used to be, where you had to pretend to have a raging hate boner for anime, lest you be mocked by everyone else on the forums
tbf a lot of places on sa are still like that lol, like gbs

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gunbound ruled

is there any modern gunbound

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

The modern Gunbound is Gunbound again
theres private servers from what i can tell yeah

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Willo567 posted:

gaiking lodm is pretty cool looking. should i give it a watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_p536Qb8l8

its been ages but yeah i enjoyed gaiking 2007 a fair bit, fun kids mecha show, plot moves at a decent enough clip for what it is and theres some good robots

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

Is that a menu patch or is someone actually working on.. Uh..I can't tell which one that is, K?
its k, and its just a menu patch. they managed to get text inserted into it but they couldnt figure out the character limits so they just did a sloppy menu patch

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Super eyepatch wolf sucks and gets a ton of stuff wrong and presents stuff in weird ways

Heres some guy who made a two and a half hour long video on getter robo, now thats fuckin youtubing

https://youtu.be/B8OKlITEXRQ

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bad anime youtubers: guys who present a random shonen manga like its lifedefining art through tears, the fifteen white ladies who exist to tell you which shoujo manga are problematic, guys who are obsessed with the fact hentai exists

Good anime youtubers: guys who make five hour long documentaries on which obscure ishikawa manga are referenced in shin getter robo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

trucutru posted:

What if they hate anime?

hating anime is also fail

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

legitimately i feel like bulking up peoples knowledge of more 'obscure' stuff in the west is probably one of the more useful ways to use the medium of Anime Youtube. not that you cant make a like, entertaining, video reviewing some popular shonen manga, but guys seem to go the informational video route with 'did you know fma is good' and like no poo poo its the like number 2 anime on mal. you arent informing me much!!

and the least useful thing the medium of anime youtube can be is a moral guide on which anime its okay to like so ofc theres a ton of people lined up to do that

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont understand the brain of someone who refuses to watch something if their friends tell them its good but will watch it if a random person on youtube does

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DoubleDonut posted:

I didn’t know this website had an anime YouTube channel

But also as someone who grew up watching, like, Azumanga and Nadesico, I’m always surprised how many people (including self described anime fans) have watched absolutely nothing besides shonen jump action adaptations and maybe also one sports thing or Erased or something

see thats fine, people watch what they want, the issues arises when those guys then feel like theyve seen all anime has to offer and are capable of being informed sages bringing the good word to the people

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean its not repetitive complaining, i linked a video i liked! sorry people expressed an opinion

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also this conversation complaining about the repetitive complaining has now gone on longer than the like 5 posts lightly complaining about super eyepatch wolf

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

complaining

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

Why is it my responsibility to coax a discussion? Especially one by your framing is going to be mostly negative; people in a healthy headspace typically don't see out things they think will upset them or expose them to excessive negativity. They made their choice with their initial words and my first impression as to how that discussion is going to go is set and I think you're downplaying how those posts sound like to others who may have an investment in content they enjoy.
people in healthy headspaces also dont try to diagnose people with mental illnesses over an argument about anime youtubers, you loving freakshow

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Chicken Thumbs posted:

I will become an anituber and make 300 videos about the genius of Cromartie High School and no one can stop me.
290 of these videos will be apologies for how often the dub says problematic words

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Weird BIAS posted:

You know I feel weird talking about it especially after all this anituber talk but I am getting into making media analysis videos and the first one I did about OMORI was basically "Here's the story, here's my thoughts during and after." I have received no serious criticism or feedback for it in it's first few days being out so I've been wondering if it was even worth doing a video like that. And it's kind of comforting hearing this even if you aren't addressing me specifically? I still have a lot to learn but just hearing that made me happy I made what I did, as flawed as I feel it is. I certainly lacked a budget to do more than use game screens but I want to learn more about video editing and camera work in the future. It also makes me more confidant that people want to have that kind of experience of seeing someone digest their emotions through media. So thanks I guess?
my advice would be to do it because you enjoy it and you feel like you're learning something. theres a ton of youtubers out there making decent videos and getting like, sub-100 views and no comments, thats the majority of content on youtube. an audience just might not come. best way to get feedback would probably be to post it places or ask friends or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yuu Morisawa posted:

Is Girls und Panzer good?

girls und panzer is unironically the best sports anime ever made