Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

postin in the new chat thread woo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

I don't remember how old I was when I joined up. It was 03, 04? So I guess I was 25?

Edit 06 actually so 27

lmao ok gramps

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

sb hermit posted:

I just have to make 800 more posts to break into the top 100, I guess

just 799 now

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Smiles posted:

i still think about that one dude who took a life-sized cardboard cutout of himemori luna with him to go shopping in public and anybody who suggested that maybe that was a weird thing to do got downvoted into oblivion

This sounds amazing though?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Jojo was always a battle manga though?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Tequ posted:

I think I first found about SA through Scorchy's KotOR II LP. I've been lurking ADTRW since around 2008/2009 and my inability to resist the chance to shill Nijisanji is what finally pushed to me to make the first post here after ~12 years.

I liked Gundou Mirei's story about how a kid in one of her (real life) classes found out she was a Vtuber but he liked her as a teacher so he decided not to tell anyone so she wouldn't get in trouble.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Violet_Sky posted:

Same. Then I decided to sign up on a whim. Honestly it was one of the best decisions of my adult life

This is the most tragic thing I've ever read.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I always liked Chip and Ironicus' RP offshoot more, but I also found them more pleasant to listen to than Slowbeef and Diabetus in general.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Just got my second shot of vaccine woo

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

got 39 degrees fever from the vaccine this suuuuuucks

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Mister Facetious posted:

Man gently caress Konami I want Zone of the Enders 3

Me 2

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Fangz posted:

Hyouka is a lot closer to an Agatha Christie work in spirit. (Lots of stuff about the motivations of characters, very little "aha I noticed a tiny bit of evidence that changes everything", and also a lot of playing around with the structure of a detective story)

Hyouka and Umineko are both part of the Shin Honkaku tradition, an intentional return to Christie-style fair-play whodunits that started in the 80s with Soji Shimada's "The Tokyo Zodiac Murders"

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Mecha are inherently cool as hell.

This person has the right of it.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

MuvLuv is interesting but also too terrifying for me.

I'm curious to know more.

https://crimereads.com/the-honkaku-and-shin-honkaku-mysteries-of-seishi-yokomizo/

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

There have been so many bad attempts lately that I'm starting to become convinced that 2D to 3D is always a mistake now.

This has always been the case

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

What if it involved Mechs and/or colorful teams with nation-specific special arts?

FC Gundam!

Iron Leaguer already exists

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Acerbatus posted:

I meant compared to stuff from the 90s or early 00s, like code geass has a different sort of proportion going on even if it didn't have the really exaggerated chobits eye spacing or whatever that (at least around here) people thought of when they heard 'anime' (also keeping in mind that people didn't even realize like pokemon or dragonball Z was japanese :v:).

Code Geass is specifically the CLAMP look though, like it's not really indicative of overall trends in anime design it's just how CLAMP has always drawn characters.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Wizard Master posted:

What are your blokes thoughts on QCS/FYAD trolls trying to get all V-tuber discussion on the forums banned

I dunno lemme ask my blokes

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

My blokes don't really care

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

dogsicle posted:

i am simply watching vods of a man beat ff8 primarily through triple triad

i hope the stream is called triple tryhard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer