Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Still no Ed for Netflix Bebop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I watched the Witcher Netflix Anime. Overall good, didn't like the ending that much because I'm a pedantic book lore guy who doesn't like meaningless changes that aren't well thought out and don't add anything to the story.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

GorfZaplen posted:

THey're still waiting for Henry Cavill to emerge from his awesome gamer den.

Look those lizardmen models won't paint themselves.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Star Fox is Nintendo and therefore adjacent to anime chat and I found this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uieM18rZdHY

How is this so good.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Captain Invictus posted:

A fox in space is super good and he's been working on more of it since then

Everything he's done with Wolf is amazing. I'm super pumped for the second episode whenever he finishes it because of that scene with the lemurs and the rest of the stuff for James and Peppy's trip to Venom.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Willo567 posted:

actually, who's the worst anime youtuber? bennet the sage was pretty annoying for me

Anecdotal because I don't know when you last watched Bennett, but I'd say he's improved a lot in the last few years especially after he left the cesspool of Channel Awesome. His latest video is part of a new series where he is going back and updating his old reviews that he's not proud of. He'll still do some episodes for yuks if the content calls for it but he's become a lot more analytical with his newer work.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Aurora posted:

colonel told me this show was good...but what does arin hanson think

The only experience Arin has is thirty years of jacking off.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I did a Pfizer 1 and a Moderna 2. The Moderna did a number on me but it ended in less than a day. Felt fine since and I'm never traveling until things are well and truly under control so I'm not worried about my mixed doses being ineligible for travel.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Stayed up late after YTV had played a DBZ marathon and ended up watching a show where Knights were fighting monsters at the bottom of a canyon and the episode ended with a girl getting swallowed whole by a giant plant monster.

I didn't watch late night anime after that.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is that what I watched? I was small and traumatized and Claymore the show was like 2007 when I was in my 14 year old edgelord "I don't watch that cutesy poo poo anime" phase. I couldn't have been more than 10 when I watched what I shouldn't have.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Sep 2, 2021

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Do you go through the rest of life threatening to murder every woman who talks to you?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Endorph posted:

Record of lodoss war?

Looking through pictures I think we might have a winner here. That art style definitely looks familiar. Did anyone ever get eaten by a plant monster in that show?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I could very well be getting a Mandela Effect memory jumble. Could have been a plant monster, was definitely someone getting eaten alive, maybe a slime or something. Traumatic for younger me.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Still hesitant about Netflix Cowboy Bebop but I have been enjoying Daniella Pineda and John Cho ripping on the frothers saying their costumes aren't accurate and they're too old to play the parts.

Remains to be seen if the show is actually good but I want to be optimistic.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Raenir Salazar posted:

It made me pretty upset just at how much that new War for Cybertron thing on Netflix just swapped all the voice actors mainly for cost reasons; many of the characters sound nothing like their previous versions (Especially for Part 3). :(

Not bringing back the Beast Wars voice actors was terrible. Predacon Megatron without David Kaye is a war crime.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

I understand this reference.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Nyoro posted:

That's it, a snake themed vtuber hasn't been done before

Hrrngh, a Snake themed VTuber, you say?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Aurora posted:

@burbo help i don't get it

Look up the Demon Core incidents that happened during the Manhattan Project. Don't mess around with a fissile core, Enrico Fermi referred to Louis Slotin's frankly crazy experiments (using nothing more than a flat-tip screwdriver to keep two beryllium spheres apart to prevent a nuclear reaction) as "tickling the dragon's tail."

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Sep 10, 2021

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Captain Invictus posted:

long shot, but does anyone in here know if there is an instrumental version of this song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU35fJNtxp8

it's one of my favorites of all time and I want to recommend it for a karaoke suggestion, but I can't find an instrumental version, not sure if one even exists.

Have you tried putting Yoko Kanno in your searches or just Gabriela Robin?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bag38jTGQFY

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Sep 12, 2021

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I mean they're both Yoko Kanno, Gabriela Robin is just her pseudonym for vocal performances. But no, I'm not seeing any instrumental only versions of the Robin arrangement. Sorry.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Sep 12, 2021

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

It's a big stupid jellyfish.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
A Japanese sports anime on hockey will either be meticulously detailed or insanely melodramatic or both. If it doesn't feature a Bob Cole style commentator I'm out.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

sb hermit posted:

Does anyone remember that Netflix and Will Smith collaboration, Bright?

Well, it's getting an anime:

https://youtu.be/d7AtBDKhDwU

You know there's a reason that wood block paintings don't move because oof that looked junky the moment the perspective changes.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
With Netflix getting more anime and releasing multiple audio tracks for each new show is there a chance they'd go back to get streaming rights to older dubs? I remember when they got the first season of One Punch Man and they had the dub for maybe two weeks before they took it off due to terrible audio sync issues and it never came back. I do prefer the original audio for OPM because Genos doesn't sound like a knuckle dragger but I always like having options.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Zeether posted:

If we didn't have that lovely War For Cybertron show and instead had Imaishi and his crew doing a season 4 of Animated or something else it would be the best thing

No you must have grimdark Transformers with bad voices this is what the fans truly want.

I'm still mad over the fuckup with the Beast Wars characters.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
loving Rooster Teeth. I reached point with them after something like Season 10? or so of RVB where it felt like a brick wall went up between me and my ability to enjoy what they released. Granted most of what they released before and after that wall went up was mediocre nonsense but at least I wasn't too picky during the former.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Sep 17, 2021

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI9yaBuQ_3k

Honestly this is probably the best use of those Galaxy of Adventures vignettes.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It helps that they're only 15 minutes on average. Money goes a long way over a shorter runtime.

The second episode was goofy. Didn't need Jay to be a Jedi, though, that added literally nothing to the plot. Also their music sounded a bit too buttrock.

I haven't watched the rest yet but going by the episode blurbs almost every one of them involves Jedi in some way or another and ehhhhhhh I know that's what most people want from Star Wars but could we not get some more scum and villainy instead of space paladins?

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Sep 22, 2021

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Furnaceface posted:

No such thing as too buttrock. :colbert:

Man I wish it could be as butt as Crush 40.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is Japanese high school hockey full contact?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq2N-9EmedA

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well they showed Teddy Bomber's explosives in the intro so I'd say yes.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Squidster posted:

You say this, but I've known younger colleagues who refuse to watch Bebop due to the 'dated' colour palette. It looks old, and therefore boring, to a lot of folks. A slick MCU style presentation could draw a wider audience.

I guess it really does date you to when you first started watching stuff because I can't get enough of 90s style animation, especially the late 90s stuff right at the cusp of the transition to digital cel painting.

I don't mean to rag on digital painting (even if early 2000s shows are loving dire) but there's just something so satisfying and tactile to my senses for traditional mediums and hand painting. It's why I consider the visual effects work done for Return of the Jedi to be some fo the absolute greatest ever made when you consider how mammoth a task it was to individually film each ship model flyby and then layer the effects shots.
I get the same thing with anime. The behind the scenes footage of how the panning shots were done for something like Katsuhrio Otomo's Cannon Fodder speak to an obscene amount of effort that nowadays would be much easier (but still time consuming) to do via CGI.

As for art style, I like muted color palettes because bright shiny primary colours are the mainstream for most shows so it's fun to be different.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Sep 26, 2021

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I mean that's a better take than the people going "I'm never watching the show because the mean lady was mean to me by not dressing like Faye in the original."

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Killzone 2 is my favourite anime. Birth of War Retribution is best OP. Rico-sama is best.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Censorship chat has me reminded of the man angry that a western release of a game censored an animus's vagina bones.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Had a random shower thought. You know the Akira Bike Slide that every artist loves to reference? Has anyone ever done it with a horse?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Probably I'm just wondering if there's pictures.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Only hosed up if they're real horses. Cartoon horses doing power slides is funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Furnaceface posted:

Its fall in central Ontario, only lunatics would dare go camping right now. It could snow at any time!

I don't know I think Awenda would be a fun place for a fall camping weekend.