Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marumaru
May 20, 2013

it's cowboy bebop for a new generation!

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Willo567 posted:

This might be getting into deep territory, but is there a reason SA in the past used to be so vehemently against anime culture, and mocked anyone who enjoyed it?

like the internet as a whole used to? i distinctly remember an era where being into anime online was taboo.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Nyoro posted:

I've never seen Evangelion is it any good

i still don't know

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Aurora posted:

whats the watch order for all the post series stuff, should i just go by release date i assume

yup

Spiritus Nox posted:

Hideki Anno has no plans to continue the franchise presently

unless

quote:

There's always the 14-year gap in the story, so in some form, I want to shed light into that.

only anno knows

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

hey anyone wanna talk abotu vtubers

not rly
what about them animes tho

marumaru
May 20, 2013

wow dang i posted a lot less than i thought

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

everyone laugh at this clip instead of talking about vtubers more

https://twitter.com/nocontextmugen/status/1334614620644970497

this looks kinda fun

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

boy do i have good news for you, this is an attempt to directly port the fighting system of golden fantasia to mugen

https://store.steampowered.com/app/550340/Umineko_Golden_Fantasia/

its even got rollback

i downloaded the mod and it was surprised that it apparently has an edgy version of Rika from higurashi

it even seems to be the same VA? if it's related to umineko i guess it makes sense

marumaru
May 20, 2013

i shouldve tried mugen earlier

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Kild posted:

the monster of the week in part 3 turned me off of jojo's forever esp with how hyped up part 3 was. Part 2 tho was FTW

I initially dropped pt 3, it really didn't click. A few years later I watched pt 4+ and loved it, went back to pt 3 and could watch and enjoy it.
Maybe do that!

Jojo is good

marumaru
May 20, 2013

homeless snail posted:

watch nichijou

Kwyndig posted:

Watch nichijou

marumaru
May 20, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBdhJ2Gkoe4

2hu.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

vtubers

marumaru
May 20, 2013

man i love all the ddlc stuff that shop did

marumaru
May 20, 2013

i'm reading bokuyaba and it's quite alright. it suffers from the same issues as every other cutesy romcom: if/when there's progress in the relationship, it's very slow, and pacing suffers from it, feels like it's padding. that's more of an issue with the genre as a whole than with this particular manga. it's also kinda creepy how much the author (?) sexualizes this middle schooler in those extra art pages whose name i don't know. the manga itself is fine

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Patware posted:

loving watch odd taxi

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Chicken Thumbs posted:

When I was a youngster I didn't realize Ebichu and Hamtaro were different properties, I saw pictures of both of them and assumed that Ebichu was the original Hamtaro anime and that the actual Hamtaro show was its sanitized child oriented reboot.

manko!

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Willo567 posted:

Question - is that TWEWY anime a good way to get caught up on what happens in the first game?

not really, it kinda sucks
- long time twewy fan who's played every single release of the game (except for NEO - when the gently caress is it coming to pc???)

to elaborate just a little: it touches on the main story beats, for the most part, but it's extremely rushed, glosses over a lot of character development and the execution as a whole is just flawed / low quality

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Yuu Morisawa posted:

I wish could read Japanese so I could actually play those games. :smith:

it's never too late to start!

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Zetsubou-san posted:

looks like a decent aerobic core workout

lol

marumaru
May 20, 2013

maybe she's very small

marumaru
May 20, 2013

marumaru
May 20, 2013

https://twitter.com/shoyslayer/status/1436739986079068166

marumaru
May 20, 2013

marumaru
May 20, 2013

I finished watching Kobayashi s1 and that was really fun and wholesome
Kyoani good

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Acerbatus posted:

Before any science needs comment yes I'm aware everclear has a lower pH than water, I'm trying to be illustrative of the burning sensation ok

Fair warning s2 goes harder on the shota stuff

ugh

marumaru
May 20, 2013

maidragon s2 was good
i want more maidragon
it's so comfy

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Mister Facetious posted:

Hard pass then

wow.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Futaba Anzu posted:

the scott pilgrim movie is great because edgar wright is a great director

marumaru
May 20, 2013

ended up reading a comment thread on Reddit about the cowboy bebop trailer and holy poo poo, i don't think a single comment was positive.
some people also linked cowboy bebop fights and they make the trailer look even worse. spike fights are even smoother than i remembered
also Cho doesn't smirk even once. trash

marumaru
May 20, 2013

FilthyImp posted:

The Lost Gig short was fun until Vicious dragged it into bad game cutscene territory. So basically all the fun will come out of doing its own thing and not being a shot by shot remake of the animu

i'd like to preface this post by saying i love cowboy bebop and it's one of my all time faves,
but,
i never really liked vicious too much and always felt like he didn't fit the tone of the show and was too anime for the anime and i feel like it's going to be even worse in the netflix show
apologies for the warm take please don't downvote

marumaru
May 20, 2013

marumaru
May 20, 2013

is there an easy, straightforward way to burn subs into video?
my tv really doesn't like all the fancy anime subs (unlike me)
komi-san is straight up hard to watch on my tv

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Arist posted:

I believe Handbrake is what a lot of people use to turn MKVs into MP4s

very cool, looks like that has an option to burn subs. thanks!

marumaru
May 20, 2013

https://twitter.com/AwestruckVox/status/1461698018462384137

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Like, I expected to laugh at how bad Netflix bebop would be but it's so bad that it's not even funny, just cringeworthy. The direction is basically non-existant, and the writing is almost offensive with how weak and creatively bankrupt it is. There's probably hundreds of youtube channels who have done a better job at adapting anime into live action than this. They also completely butchered every main character seemingly for no reason at all.
It's amazing.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

marumaru
May 20, 2013

man kanojo okarishimasu is such a guilty but enjoying read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marumaru
May 20, 2013

mari from the eva rebuilds