Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

second floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I just have to make 800 more posts to break into the top 100, I guess

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Droyer posted:

just 799 now

:toot:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I haven't seen Nages post in like a year. Does anyone know if they're ok?

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Erg posted:

what happened to your av

Nothing. It's been like this forever, except that at some point someone put a top hat above it

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I used to have a Lum avatar many years ago, like 5 years ago, when it was popular and it was gifted to me.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I got the two shot moderna. No effects for the first shot. For the second shot, I was overcome with a strong sense of fatigue and a sore arm for about a day.

I wonder what the side effects are for any booster shots but I guess that question is better asked in a different forum.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

homeless snail posted:

no, this is the right place. because if you manage to get three shots of the same type you turn into an anime girl. pfizers turn you into tsunderes, modernas turn you into kuuderes

Finally, a bright spot in this pandemic.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Strange Quark posted:

I'm struggling to think of any time anime has done a Sherlock Holmes adaptation well.

sherl

dang, beaten again

Endorph posted:

sherlock hound

:same:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

RareAcumen posted:

I never read or watched the manga so I don't know what it was from but there was something that had a laboriously slow pace for one scene. I want to say it was Kaiji playing Shogi or old maid or something?

Misread that as Green Lantern and I was very confused why they never mentioned the ring's power at all.

Whenever someone talks about forgetting the ring, I think of hello.jpg

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Does anyone remember that Netflix and Will Smith collaboration, Bright?

Well, it's getting an anime:

https://youtu.be/d7AtBDKhDwU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

also, netflix is gonna get another anime

https://youtu.be/tLdLTSnmnoA

forum favorite komi-san

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

https://twitter.com/NetflixJP_Anime/status/1438065741891190785?s=19

Outside Japan, new episodes for Komi will be weekly starting Oct 21.

I guess Netflix is finally adopting the simulcast model.

sb hermit fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Sep 15, 2021

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I mean, you can wait 12 weeks for the entire anime to be made (plus another few for subbing and dubbing) or you can wait just 2 weeks.

Maybe it's not "hot off the presses" simulcast but I think it's good enough.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

El Burbo posted:

there are no buses in gensokyo

:vince:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

mima

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I hope it gets a japanese dub

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I remember when Toonami was showing Cowboy Bebop and they had to remove Cowboy Funk because of 9/11. i wonder if it'll be in the remake.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Resident Evil - Infinite Darkness feels like someone wanted to see if they could build a movie from a game engine and assets, but dial up the character models. And the plot is pretty mindless.

It feels like they wanted to make it a series or at least a teaser into the next suite of games but the last half of the last episode was ... it made little sense.

If you like mindless action, indecipherable motivations on all sides, and resident evil, then maybe this is for you. Heck, I might put it on if I need something playing and selen's not playing apex

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I'd think a list of 2000s anime with Inuyasha would also mention Azumanga Daioh.

Although I guess it was never on Toonami.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Patware posted:

i think in hindsight that azumanga daioh being missing from grouchio's list de-owns gorf instead their fists crashed into each other and they both slid back ten feet and gorf goes 'omoshiroi' indicating that he's still confident

I don't think azumanga daioh was really widely available in its heyday beyond :files:, expensive dvd box sets, or the rare dvd rental place that carried it. So I would give people a pass for that if they had limited funds or knowledge beyond what was showing regularly on Toonami.

From what I remember, the english dub wasn't really that bad.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Furnaceface posted:

I did that 2-3 weeks ago. Chris is still easily one of my favourite characters ever.

I rewatched Konosuba right after finishing Symphogear so now Im kinda stuck on where to go.

watch laid back camp s1 and plan for a camping trip

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

sleep tight onee-san

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

My last grandparent died last year, one month after California instituted the first covid19 mandates. Although he didn't die of covid19... it was natural causes, from what I understand. It's too bad that the funeral was limited to only 8 people.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Furnaceface posted:

Im over 40 which makes me ancient in anime years so you should listen to my sagely wisdom.

:hfive: over 40 club

although I have terrible taste in anime

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

just in case anyone wants to restore the old av:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Ibblebibble posted:

As a kid I once moved to Houston due to my dad's job. One of the first places we ate there was at Cici's Pizza. An unlimited pizza buffet was my introduction to American excess and decadence.

I still kinda miss it even if it was trash.

There's a chain of pizza restaurants that feature lunch buffets called Mountain Mike's.

It is indeed trash but still edible.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

binged a bunch of dragon maid s2 and it's like 60% :yikes: and 40% :3:.

I would find it very hard to recommend this to someone new to anime. But it might be fun for someone who already finds Konosuba pretty entertaining. At any rate, I found it pretty good so far but Laid Back Camp S2 is still anime of the year for me.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

marumaru posted:

maidragon s2 was good
i want more maidragon
it's so comfy

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

:vince:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

:bisonyes:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

https://youtu.be/68mv8a2YdXI

Apparently, Crunchyroll's rolled out their own v-tuber, streaming tuesdays and thursdays. And she streams live, unlike N-ko, the pre-recorded Netflix equivalent.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1449121150101962757?t=VpJrIMEGtkLZ3LF9yjEu0g&s=19

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

In about 11 days, high guardian spice is finally getting airtime. I kinda want to take bets to see if they'll release it all at once or do it one-per-week as if they're still working on it and these releases are hot off the presses.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

lunar detritus posted:

strong modern she-ra vibes so I'll probably end up watching it :shobon:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

https://youtu.be/Um7SFkR-fEg

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Clarste posted:

Is MIEL PLUS INTENSE French for BIGGER HONEY TASTE?

goût de miel is "honey taste"

plus intense just means more intense

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

https://youtu.be/W9RTVDA9Cr0

I always associate watching this Honeycomb commercial with the Goonies. It would have been cool to be a kid that gets to be in a commercial with Andre the Giant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

https://twitter.com/tsyshenn/status/1451323989280821252?t=4EUG-e-uApFV8p3I-OWVlA&s=19