Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
my first exposure to SA was being in an irc channel around 2002 and some goons flooding the channel with goatse

that was also my first encounter with goatse

the admin of the channel was like "those loving GOOOOOOOOOONSSSSS :orks:" and I curiously went to SA to see what it was like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

verbal enema posted:

i have no idea how i found SA but i was a frontpager viewer and then joined so i had people to play L4D with

i still had a fukkin myspace back then jesus christ
For gaming with goons for me it was mostly planetside and dawn of war

Man early goon guilds and multiplayer groups got up to some STUPID poo poo, it was so amazing. We even caused the devs of planetside to hotfix vehicle collision damage because we all just took the respawn vehicle which had tank-level impact damage and dominated an entire battle by just running everyone over, the next day they changed it to do barely any damage at all

Droyer posted:

I always liked Chip and Ironicus' RP offshoot more, but I also found them more pleasant to listen to than Slowbeef and Diabetus in general.
their LP of wonderful 101 was my first exposure to that game and chip being a goddamn master at it was icing on the cake, one of the best LPs of all time. Because of that LP I backed the kickstarter when that happened.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm caught up now with the Iruma anime and its still ftw.
I got good news for you

Its gonna get way better

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Good to hear! I really enjoyed s1 and only put off reading the manga cuz I knew S2 was coming. Might switch to the manga after this season ends or maybe just wait for s3, just because I like the voice performances alot.

My only real wish is that Iruma and Ameri actually get together but it seems like that might actually be a reality from the latest episode so I'm hopeful...
The manga has some really impressive artwork at times and especially during the Evidol Games arc, Iruma really steals the show.

And yeah, I think you're gonna like how the series handles Iruma and Ameri. The aquarium date is one of my favorite parts of the series

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

dogsicle posted:

for starting out as kind of a cringe character, clara does still have one of the best designs, definitely helped by her being the character who constantly turns into a little gremlin for comedic effect

also sometimes she brings a musical into the ep
Clara having the ability to just literally pull anything imaginable out of her pockets is a ridiculous power, but is basically only used for shenanigans and to spawn infinite snacks and toys

I also love the running gag of her being the worst-drawn character in the manga at all times

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ThingOne posted:

One of the best parts of Iruma is how the Misfits start out as a bunch of stock characters but as we get to know them they grow and evolve. Like Sabro is still the hot-blooded rival type but he's also a massive history nerd and consitently one of the most reasonable and mature members of the class.
sabro is legit one of the most interesting characters in the entire series yeah

can't wait until we get some kind of Council of 13 Demon Lords or something, no doubt during the epilogue of the series, that they've been alluding to for most of the series

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I came to SA after playing MapleStory with goons. The first 5 years of this account were purely troll posts until I Becamed something more.
the only thing I know about maplestory is that this music track has been in my music folder for 11 years and I have no recollection of downloading it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfgBDs8z6WE

I don't think I've ever seen more than a screenshot of the game but heard it mentioned many times over the years. what was so appealing about it?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
it's real sad seeing what's become of worms

they made a really fun updated version of it like a decade ago with worms reloaded(edit: literally 11 years ago today it released, wow) and now they're trying a...real time version of it that looks terrible and even the trailer had obvious framerate issues

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
A fox in space is super good and he's been working on more of it since then

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I like this clip a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_DTgzCjv4U&hd=1

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Paper Lion posted:

little caesars .... pretty good
I don't understand.

Good shield material. Much like adamantium, once the crust hardens it becomes virtually indestructible

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
good lord

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
behold, an unfortunately blurry shot of a glorious creation, the Texas Cowboy. grilled chicken, steak tips, extra cheese, bacon, and barbecue sauce

the two things you think when you eat it are "delicious!" and "oh I need to lie down now"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Kwyndig posted:

I love barbecue sauce on chicken pizza, the combination of sweet sauce and savory chicken is just perfect. I think adding steak tips would just be gilding the lily.
You would think that, but you would be very wrong

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Droyer posted:

Just got my second shot of vaccine woo
take some sleep aid and conk out for 14 hours straight, you'll not want to endure the full body aches and fever while the vaccine does its thing if it affects you like it does a lot of folks

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

GorfZaplen posted:

Tenchi Muyo hasn't ended yet.
the real question is which was the last good tenchi muyo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Willo567 posted:

If you play SRW X (Gurren Lagann spoilers) you'll be happy to know that Nia survives
What do they say to justify it?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Willo567 posted:

Nadia uses the Blue Water to give Nia the lifespan of a human

Heck yeah

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
you can't just say that and not post a picture

here is one of my hamsters
https://i.imgur.com/4IMPk20.mp4

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

GorfZaplen posted:

Hell, I take back everything bad I ever said about you. THat's one cute hamster.
oh no what did you say about me!!!

here are my other good fellas, that little guy is Tom, this is Dick using his balls as a pillow, he's basically a polar bear in hamster form and absolutely huge for a hamster:

this is Harry, after spending hours trying to climb his water bottle, he has some kind of mental problem so I decided to get him since he needs a bit more care than normal hamsters(he's got that neurological thing that makes hamsters fall backwards when they stand up and has serious balance issues) :

and this is Chichi, the pet store called me to notify me they had a "very vocal hamster" available, I could hear her screaming at nothing in the background of the call lol, she doesn't talk much anymore but any hamster that has ever been extremely talkative at any point generally has a lot of character so I always try to buy those when available. she is, indeed, a shithead

hamsters are great, I always try to have a couple, sometimes more

post ur pets, chat thread

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh to be born a tanuki

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
hell yeah

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
there's two I read, Beware the Villainess and The Way To Protect The Protagonist's Brother, I enjoy both of those a lot. but yeah I feel like for as much as people complain about isekai manga there's ten times as many manhua like them

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

DoubleDonut posted:

imagining a mirror world where the only western comics that ever get translated into other languages are old Penny Arcade/CAD rip-offs
megatokyo clones, all the way down

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
it might've eventually made me aware of much better things but megatokyo itself was definitely terrible, and I doubt it improved in the time since

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Raenir Salazar posted:

but because he thinks its real it is real
ok so he's an ork

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

verbal enema posted:

Beast Wars whipped rear end so hard
there was a dude who was doing an AI-powered upscale of Beast Wars(and ReBoot) but iirc he tried to sell it to hasbro and they were like NAHHHHHH and so he stopped. it loving sucks because it was SO GOOD

this is a direct PAL DVD rip from 6 years ago of the intro and is "ok" quality
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNBqCh1bZaw&hd=1

now look at his "4k Upscale". it's insanely good quality
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LoAyzqqzIA&hd=1

like yeah the visuals are of course still dated but they look clean as hell considering this is an upscaling of a 1996 CGI tv show.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
as soon as I post that I found that there's another channel that is, as of the last few days, seemingly doing the entire series in better quality than that guy was doing, they've uploaded 7 episodes so far. gently caress yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIBaMb7QljA&hd=1

edit: OH poo poo HE DID WAR PLANETS TOO and beast machines as well as reboot, all of beast wars, etc in 1080p, so I'm guessing he's going to do that stuff in 4k eventually. definitely subbing to this guy

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Sep 7, 2021

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I agree, though since it was based on a toyline called War Planets, it does make sense why they went with that name in the US at least.

still regret not ever being able to get any of the War Planets stuff as a kid. I remember seeing racks of the Planet Eater on double triple clearance and not being able to convince mom to get one even when it was like 5 bucks, she was just like "you'll either get in a fight over it with your sister or throw it at her" lol

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Endorph posted:

list of actual beast wars ii/beast wars neo character names:

Tasmanian Kid
Powerhug
Drill Nuts
Scissor Boy
Longrack
Bump
Survive
True One
Killer Punch
Heinrad

a tanuki transformer alarm clock with big ol' balls

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Zeether posted:

Don't forget RANDY

(His toy sucks though)
you can't mention Randy without posting the Gold Plastic Syndrome video starring Randy and why he Sucks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcjAUN5Ssj8&hd=1

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ialcCzO_7bk&hd=1

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
long shot, but does anyone in here know if there is an instrumental version of this song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU35fJNtxp8

it's one of my favorites of all time and I want to recommend it for a karaoke suggestion, but I can't find an instrumental version, not sure if one even exists.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I saw that one yeah, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an instrumental of the gabriela robin version. bummer.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Arc Hammer posted:

I mean they're both Yoko Kanno, Gabriela Robin is just her pseudonym for vocal performances. But no, I'm not seeing any instrumental only versions of the Robin arrangement. Sorry.
I know it's a pseudonym, it's just that the robin version is a good bit longer and different to the kanno version. ah well, thanks for looking though.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

RareAcumen posted:

I'm not great with technology, Ironmouse has a talkshow now and that would be great to listen to while I'm at work buuut my job doesn't let you hold onto your phone inside the warehouse. Does anyone know how to turn a youtube video into a wear casts or Player FM link?
I use this to download youtube, twitch, etc videos and it has an option to save them as different filetypes such as MP3 etc. should work well enough for your needs.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
dang, rip

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the rigging being terrible is amazing

kiara's some kind of lanky hunchback creature while calli goes into geddan mode at random

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

what an incredible stream. scuffed from start to finish, and the ending, you can really really tell that this means so much to all of them. I've heard Ina's stories before about how this has helped her so much, but I didn't know about Ame's history, that really got me.

the clip show at the end is incredibly good, it both takes the piss out of the ridiculously tryhard lore and also has tons of funny, silly and heartfelt clips in it. definite pro watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZghtnL3y3k&hd=1

it's really apparent how much they want to actually meet each other in person rather than online, but covid has royally hosed that idea over. I hope they get to do so before the 2nd anniversary, which is stupidly still up in the air at the rate we're going.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
drat. drat

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Endorph posted:

on the other hand zero wing's ost rules
A vintage remix, good ol' megadriver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3jWX3JK59c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Space Flower posted:

release every 'zig' (the name of enema's hamster)
Good name for a hamster tbh