Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

dunno whats going on but i like to post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

What was the F2P Worms clone except it was tanks and you could get hats, I remember that being big around the same time

gunbound

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i put in a psycho amount of hours to grind my maple char to level 120 back in like 2006 and then a couple years later i tried one of the new characters and it took 1/10th the time. makes you think

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the original series and sequel movie are really good. i haven't seen the more recent stuff but it's probably good too.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

theres like 5 other mecha shows next season, are people really gonna be starved enough to watch a bad looking muv luv adaptation

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

unbelievable

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

2 weeks late is a very broad definition of 'simulcast' but yeah no more jail

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

you could watch one of the thousand good animes that already exist

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Maybe this is me being old but remember when people got into anime and went “ok what’s good” instead of just watching everything released in the last 3 years

people still do that, but also anime is basically just mainstream popular now so there's increasingly more people whose priority is watching the same stuff their friends / classmates / influencers / whoever are watching, the same as with any other type of tv show/movie

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i don't think sao looks appreciably different from a lot of late 00s stuff? like the first seasons of raildex or whatever.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

soremachi is a good anime though??

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

dogsicle posted:

the ishihama kamichu op is an all-timer

integrated credits are always cool and thats one of the best

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

most of the time when people say "it only has one joke" it turns out to just mean "it has a premise"

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

sevens comes after vrains as we know from math

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

more likely a difference between how much they care about live-action original content vs licensed anime

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

basically the same name

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it still looks bad sorry

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

why are podcasts so long in general, whats going on over there. i could watch an entire cour of anime in that time

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

studios are booked so far out right now that even if the producers were pleased with it and decided to make a season 2 it could take 2-3 years for it to show up. the shows that get second seasons quicker than that were planned from the start.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the cygames animes have all been good other than granblue i think? also magia record s1 was good imo, haven't seen 2 yet.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i think gohands are down & out after the tokyo babylon snafu so we might not see a new show from them for a while, alas

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

lol

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i suspect crunchyroll being bought by aniplex means no more of that stuff since they now have lots of actual anime "in house"

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

well they don't promote the japan-made magical girl shows they pick up either

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

yeah MAL/anilist scores are hilariously skewed by genre and series length, don't use them as your guide unless you want the taste of a teenage shonen anime fan

anilist lets you change the UI to english titles if you're logged in, not sure if MAL has the same option

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Furnaceface posted:

Im assuming its only loosely tied together as a setting then and its fine if I just watch Railgun only?

I've only watched railgun and it's great and 99% self contained. the boring spiky hair guy who shows up occasionally is the index MC, that's all the context you need really

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i like this vampire anime resurgence thats been happening

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

you need to speed up the rest of the episodes to match the first one

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

hell the normal verison of the show was already like that, its what makes it cool

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Endorph posted:

yuru camp's s1 is one of the best sol anime ever made and then its s2 was pretty good but felt a bit tourist commercial-y.

glad I'm not the only one who felt this way, there was so much less actual camping

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i really liked the middle section of dream-dive-of-the-week episodes and then it lost me a bit in the ending arc. is episode 6 the train one? that was my favorite

most original shows don't get threads these days since people won't commit to them until they're done and confirmed good

Tales of Woe fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Nov 20, 2021

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

made in abyss is getting another season next year fwiw, they just put out a new trailer for it

i watched the movie last night and it was okay but it's got a much more drab setting than the previous stuff which is a weird choice for making into the movie arc. kind of a bummer since the cool art/worldbuilding is the main draw of the series if you're not into the horror/gore stuff but the movie leans more into the latter.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

likewise for sasami-san which i'm currently watching (its good!)

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it didn't exist yet in 2005

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Patware posted:

is there literally any point to watching it

i can't believe they're doing a recap episode after what little story they've done
recap episode means they didn't finish the real episode in time, it's not an intentional thing. happens to a few shows every season these days

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

tokyo revengers blowing up from the anime is wild, it looked really unappealing to me

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

turn a is easily the best of the half dozen i've seen, though i suspect i'll like build fighters and ibo too once i get around to them

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

speaking of long tails i just learned that they're still making new tenchi muyo ovas as recently as this year

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

audio adds a lot to anything for me so my bar for an anime adaptation being preferable to the manga is low. and I'm never going to read an LN in my life so those might as well be original anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

ONA just means it's released directly to streaming and not on TV, doesn't have anything to do with whether it's an original script or an adaptation.

it's kind of a nebulous idea in the first place if you don't live in Japan where TV anime is actually on TV