Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1367020/Storybook_Brawl/
It's "free" to play and in early access (alpha/beta/open beta it's just a loving alpha/beta/open beta just call it that, no? Bah whatever that ship has sailed.) If you ever felt "that Hearthstone autochess looks like something I'd enjoy but gently caress you Blizzard you suck" this game is for you.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Aug 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I may have lost but I accomplished my life long dream of filling my board with puff puffs.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Bumping my own threads is lame, but I am very lame so I guess it isn't really a problem.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

If you like we can pretend it's boring triple A open world game instead? I like the newest one with crafting and stealth. Oh and skill points.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Still playing stupid amounts of this. Steam says 60 hours.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Hey you can now play with groups and such! That's exciting I'm sure soon this thread will be bustling with people to play games with.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this game is good but the presentation is pretty jank

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
This game is very good.
They seem to have their finger on balancing as well.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I do enjoy this but I feel it needs way more content, every single brawl breaks out into the same few builds every time.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

socialsecurity posted:

I do enjoy this but I feel it needs way more content, every single brawl breaks out into the same few builds every time.

I might be considered a monster for saying this but sometimes going puff puffs is wrong.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

socialsecurity posted:

This is true.

This game will continue to live or die if they can't release expansions, but then it gets awkward since a big portion of the game is built around 3 of a kind, so they would almost have to be entirely different formats if they don't want to dilute the character selection too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

DangerDongs posted:

This is true.

This game will continue to live or die if they can't release expansions, but then it gets awkward since a big portion of the game is built around 3 of a kind, so they would almost have to be entirely different formats if they don't want to dilute the character selection too much.

I'd assume they'd just copy Hearthstone and have each game pick some archtypes to ban out limiting the pool. At least I think that's how Hearthstone