Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Orange vs Hardy 67 50.00%
Bros vs Blonds 37 27.61%
Velvet vs Hayter 22 16.42%
Black vs Brock 8 5.97%
Total: 134 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Conrad_Birdie posted:

It was a messy, botchy, verging on bad show. Probably the worst they’ve done all year. It is also not the end of the world that they put on a bad show. Most of the time they do not. I am still very excited for the AEW ppv “All Out,” and I encourage everyone to take a big breath and also look forward to it!

I did not enjoy the show but I agree, it's nice to have faith that the next show will be better. JE and luchas will have a great match and the Gunn's are off of TNT for another six months

I have more thoughts about how much I dislike Lamberts schtick but I'm being too one note so I'll not continue 🙂

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Q7kid posted:

Seriously, just do Dax and Wardlow or Spears against PnP and kick the can on a rematch. No need to rush back.

You can still work a wrestling match if your hand is kind of weird (G-Raver is doing that) and it's wrestling, you work stuff to add to the whole thing. They are probably working.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

MassRafTer posted:

You can still work a wrestling match if your hand is kind of weird (G-Raver is doing that) and it's wrestling, you work stuff to add to the whole thing. They are probably working.

Get well soon, FTR guy that has hair but not facial hair.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Haha

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

luchadornado posted:

Get well soon, FTR guy that has hair but not facial hair.

cash wheeler has a beard

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

MassRafTer posted:

I really hope they are because FTR deserve a long and successful career.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Waffleopolis posted:

Cash posted a twitter with pics of his wound (spoiler because drat that is nasty)

https://twitter.com/CashWheelerFTR/status/1430713639401578496

I really do hope Cash is exaggerating some of the nerve damage. It seems very premature to put him back in the ring if that was the case even if Dax will be in the majority of the match.

HOOK HAS GONE TOO FAR THIS TIME

but really hope Cash’s arm isn’t permanently damaged :ohdear:

BodyMassageMachine fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Aug 26, 2021

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
FTR own, i say this as someone who was won over

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The FTR guys love doing a "Well, if this means we're hanging up our boots it was a hell of a ride"

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I bet Cash hasn't been able to shave Dax's back in weeks :(

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Malakai's entrance is still the best in the company by far. Maybe in all wrestling. The pained, agonizing screams of despair give me such joy. It's so sick. And the silhouette shot with the lights behind him? My wallet!
I just wish he had a deer or horse skull mask instead of a normal human skull gimmick.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Gumball Gumption posted:

The FTR guys love doing a "Well, if this means we're hanging up our boots it was a hell of a ride"

The story about Jake Roberts doing the weepy boots in the ring speech randomly for fun at shows rules

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Alaois posted:

cash wheeler has a beard

I meant back hair or something and whiffed it. Thank you for keeping me honest!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

stab posted:

Miro or Black vs my boys.

Trust me right about now Matt can use being put out of his sleepless misery

You're bringing me back to when my kids were babys. My first one, I worked graveyard and my wife worked mornings. So I would go to bed at 5 pm when she got off, wake up at 9 pm to go to work, go home at 7:30 am and watch the kid. I got to the point where I would rock her in her non-working baby swing with my foot while sleeping.

My 2nd was way more intense. I don't even remember much of 2017 because it was mostly a tired haze that I just got through. Those were some dark times.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
rating good this week despite half-hearted show but makes rating next week more interesting

King Of Coons
May 5, 2006
Can’t believe y’all thought Gunn club was losing

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Dax is the one that looks, sounds and works more like Arn than Arn's real son. Cash is the one with hair and now a hosed up arm.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Cash looked real pale and clammy. I hope he'll be ok to wrestle in a week plus.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

King Of Coons posted:

Can’t believe y’all thought Gunn club was losing

I will never doubt the Gunns until Colten gets fed to Miro or Black in a few weeks.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Right now I think my biggest wish in the women's division is Tay and Jamie just absolutely beating the poo poo out of eachother.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Tay should be on Dynamite every week just pummelling fools

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

:nws:

i was trolled

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Tay is great

https://twitter.com/AllEliteCody/status/1430707534361473024

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Someone casually mentioned the identity of Tablet Guy to me last week so I assumed it was general knowledge, but apparently it was not!

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1430678258111205378

(I made a random post that he was in a match with Lovin Nick Lovin which if you check his cagematch you'll see it, a giant wacky Battle Royal with some names!)

Would suspect he knows Avalon and that's how he got the gig.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

he should come out in NYC doing this and see how long it takes people to notice

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Guys Punks shoes! :

Can you believe it?!

Betty White is going to be All Elite!

That or Punk has a fetish for big women. They thicc son.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

lol

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Just got back from the show, and yeah, it could have been way better. Seeing Punk was cool, though.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/YTAlexReynolds/status/1430704524554121216

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

That was the worst dynamite in weeks, which means I still had a blast and probably a solid 7/10 from me anyway!

What I like most about AEW is how even the worst shows feel like they're a blast, especially when we all :justpost:, the consistency is unreal!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

If nobody stops them, Gunn Clubb will have all the belts by next year.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Artelier posted:

That was the worst dynamite in weeks, which means I still had a blast and probably a solid 7/10 from me anyway!

What I like most about AEW is how even the worst shows feel like they're a blast, especially when we all :justpost:, the consistency is unreal!

The worst Dynamite is still better than the best Raw

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i hope he's writing completely random poo poo on his shoes to gently caress with the marks

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I have no idea how new eyeballs work. Do yall think people will see this episode who have never watched and not stick around? I honestly don't think it was a bad show - just worse compared to itself.

Honestly all the shows around the ppvs feel like this to me. The go homes are usually a lot better but the couple of weeks before the go homes are the weird ones.

But I still enjoyed a lot of this show. I loved Velvet's suicide dives, I loved the Hardy match, all the promos worked for me, I love watching the chaos trinity and hope they continue being a team. Seeing Darby in the ring and catching Mox and Eddie off to the side and out of focus kicking someone's rear end killed me. And I couldn't take my eyes off Black. He just has this presence that demands attention.

The other thing I feel real good about is I've seen AEW take valid criticism and course correct better than anyone else. So I bet next week's show will be a big improvement.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The Last Call posted:

Guys Punks shoes! :

Can you believe it?!

Betty White is going to be All Elite!

That or Punk has a fetish for big women. They thicc son.

Bowel Wovement

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

AC
CF
BW

What doesn it mea?!?!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Buddy Wurphy

Adbot