Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The old thread's still in the forums and it definitely has the same tag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Acerbatus posted:

Okay, but that's why I didn't make a report saying "permaban snooze cruise, that'll learn 'em" and sent a DM asking if the mods could set a line on what exactly was okay.

The vtuber thread did just get closed over something pretty minor, after all, so it left the rules pretty haphazard.

It's really drat weird your thoughts on the vtuber thread were "drat, gotta protect the lgbt thread from suffering the same fate". Why would you even draw that conclusion? Nobody's making QCS posts about it or whatever.

You're not saving the thread by asking a mod to remove a link and then making your first post in this new thread about how the old one was closed because someone crossed a line.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Endorph posted:

I would like it noted for the record that 'not a very good secret santa' is a very funny sentence that here means 'didnt get someone a gift at all but gladly took the one sent to them'

Sounds like a pretty clear case of not being a very good secret santa imo.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

They were linked in the previous thread but I got around to checking out the new 2DK chapters.

I wasn't feeling the first couple of chapters once translation started up again but I liked these latest ones. Glad someone picked it up again.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Isn't Wafuko the name of the character not the author?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm probably not going to watch the seventh victim.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I was going to play video games instead. But maybe i'll need to look into it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

That's a good comic. Big fan.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Mikl posted:

I meant that the story has been tip-toeing around the whole thing, dropping hints, being subtle... Up until Sakuma just straight-up popped the question.

I mean, all her previous appearances were clearly leading up to this. It was bound to happen soon.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

gnome7 posted:

I've been really enjoying Liar Satsuki Can See Death lately. It's about a girl who can see corpses 24 hours before they actually appear, and uses this power to solve their death in advance and stop them.

I bring it up in here because Satsuki is extremely gay. It is not a main focus of the manga, but its very there and a big motivator for some of the things she does. And I really enjoy just having a casually lesbian protagonist who gets super blushy around her friends when they're nice to her, while also just being a good mystery thriller story alongside that.

Just read with this and it was pretty good imo. I'm definitely going to need to keep up with it.

Interested in where it's going because I was expecting it to be largely episodic but seems like they're setting up something of an overarching story.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

End of an Era

now we must wish we get another 9 volumes in the new WORKING ADULTS era of Futaribeya

I'm excited for the OL arc.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

To Strip the Flesh was super good. If the other stories in the collection are as good i'll need to pick that up.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't like the new title.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I have high hopes for the next one.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dang, I forgot about that food series. Now i'm kinda just bummed that hasn't updated since when I last checked months ago.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

also new room for two might be dropping some foreshadowing

hosed up there has been a timeskip and we didn't get to see them start their new jobs.

Happy this is continuing into adult life though that last page does kinda feel like the story might be starting to wind down.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm liking the comic but i'm missing how in the first chapter they went into a bit of detail about the process of making the cocktail they were drinking. I was hoping that'd be more of a thing. It was kinda like a cooking manga.

Cool oni though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I haven't.

I'll definitely check it out.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sleepy Barmaid is good imo.

Never heard of the term Barmaid before though

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Aurora posted:

that's weird since there's a lot of art of barmaids

Yeah i've seen some but I guess I just assumed the term was still bartender. But the comic uses bartender most of the time anyway so I guess that's not incorrect anyway.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Very cool Grandma this chapter.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

She's very good.

I'm really enjoying this comic.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm glad for the good OL content lately.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ha jokes on you, I brought it yesterday.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

lunar detritus posted:

I ended up getting Troubleshooter because of this thread and it certainly isn't shy about introducing mechanics. Feeling kinda overwhelmed

I've just decided to ignore all mechanics I don't fully get until I naturally stumble onto them. Doesn't help that I feel the tutorials are where the translation gets wonkiest.

Aside from that game seems pretty drat rad though. I'm just through through chapter 1 and i'm enjoying it a lot.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

drat, was gonna post that.

It is in fact, real good.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

A very sudden ending but it had a pretty good run with over 100 chapters. I'm not too disappointed by it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't really see the issue with making something that has subtext for a gay relationship. I don't think that necessarily makes something "not good enough" or whatever. Like, "not good enough" for what? It doesn't make much sense to me.

I think there's this thing that sometimes comes up when discussing gay media with people wanting to make rules for "what it should look like" and I always think it's kind of lame because it just feels like its creating a list of criteria to follow for depictions of gay relationships to count and I don't really agree with that.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I was going to say that sounds cowardly but then I read the chapter and i'll have to take that back.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

Another new chapter of Brides of Iberis
Nice to see the other side of the equation here

I'm liking this a lot. Glad it's getting rapid updates.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I’m glad the zone is back.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

our date that one night
Ohsawa Yayoi (2DK, Hello Melancholic) once again delivers.
Annoying women! Stars! OLs! What more can you want?

Theres also a new 2DK oneshot. That’s also a sequel I guess? Not sure whether the comic has been finished and translation is pretty behind or if they just wanted to write a short story from a bit ahead of where the mangas at.

Either way I enjoyed it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

drat, the Translation must be so behind. :negative:

Perhaps I need to get back into learning Japanese so I can read it myself.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Seiyuu Radio was pretty solid tbh.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

Arai Sumiko thing, the mangaka behind "The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All" (the nirvana one)
Characters are adults, so more my speed, woo woo

Just learned she also wrote "The real Momoka" which was a rad one-shot. Very cool author imo.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

everyone's favorite landlord yuri updates once again!!!
shocking developments, twists and turns, oh my!!
but one thing remains true, my landlord can't be this cute!!

Happy for them.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Praying for Fuji's success.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Very happy that after 2 years of being left half-translated a new group picked it back up and finished the whole thing in a couple months.

Solid manga imo.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Collectors is the greatest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Very good imo