Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
In my opinion, there's no scenario more overtly lesbian or romantic than two women, one of whom is about to murk the other medieval style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

The :nws: Goodbye, Snow White is very much worth reading.

deeply inhaling the angst like a hit from a pipe

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
I hadn't heard about Brides of Iberis before!

The depiction of the polyamorists rappelling through a window into your life is very funny. Also lol this poor MC is getting played so hard by this woman...

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Snooze Cruise posted:

read octave and her one shots if you haven't, this is one of the true queens of da yuri world

me waltzing into chapters 12 and 13

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

:nws: https://dynasty-scans.com/series/octave

a friend had recommended it a long time ago but I never gave it a proper chance. top notch angst

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Finished octave, picked my heart up off the floor, etc. Thank you for the recommendation, Akiyama Haru really is a queen.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
In my opinion it's epic when women are too traumatized to be perfect partners.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Nihilarian posted:

I want more het trans stuff and also more gay trans stuff

:emptyquote:

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
I will click these recommendations because for the longest time I have felt like you get to pick two: trans, yuri, about relatable adults. I do not want to read about high schoolers having their first relationship, to be honest.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

:five:

(Double House)

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Rody One Half posted:

How y'all not gonna say Strip the Flesh

:emptyquote:

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Have you ever wondered if you could Make A Mark that is very angsty? Murasakino did, and then did!

this was lovely thank you. love it when da yuri headshots your own angst from 5km away

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Pas is a genius, I feel.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Snooze Cruise posted:

pas is like the artist who does like the more "meme-y" style of lgbt stuff i like

in other news new Brides of Iberis
she is sorta bad at this whole keeping things separated thing

this chapter did the crab scissors meme to me

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
It is not entirely sex scenes, but like half of it is. While it is very cute, it is significantly more NWS than what I usually see here. I was kind of surprised it was posted.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Again it's good. Women processing their emotions in each others' arms is epic. I'm gonna check out sglb. It was simply new and surprising to me itt.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
I'm pro-messy women who gently caress up a lot under the influence of other messy women.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Snooze Cruise posted:

MMO lesbians. Yodokawa continues to be GOAT.

this ones kino

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Snooze Cruise posted:

We are nearing the end of the series, so I am once again giving a shout out to I Love Amy

Its an odd duck. The series feels weirdly closer to American teen media than the average high school setting yuri. I mean it is literally set in America, but even beyond that this shares more sensibilities with a Heathers or a Pretty Little Liars, than say a Useless Princesses or something.

Anyway its pretty good. Personally its not going to be one of my favorite GLs of all time, but likely will be for many people. Probably the best HS setting yuri since School Zone.

I just caught up. Thank you for posting again, I'm one of the freaks it was made for. Really really good.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Rody One Half posted:

we've all been there

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
Upon witnessing that screenshot, I guess I need to.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
that was some primo girls' love i'm looking forward to whatever the author does next

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

gnome7 posted:

I Love Amy may be the most powerful queer work I've ever read. I adore it and will be thinking back on it for all my life.

Although really, it's the mental health part of it that is so so powerful. That it's also gay (apparently just to fit the story better!) is just a nice bonus. I've never read something so positively affirming, about how even the most broken people can heal, and how even the toughest people to deal with still deserve love. As a very mentally ill woman, I adored this story so so much.

extremely accurate image of me, the GL connoisseur.

its really tough to stick a landing on mental health stuff that doesnt feel too pat and i think the author did a great job in that respect. the characters have actual issues that cause actual harm and they had to do a lot of actual work to reach an imperfect result. and thats ftw

i especially liked how the reunion with julia was treated. it didn't need to be on screen, it was something amy had to do to heal and julia had to do to re-enter society but it was never going to be blissful. showing explicitly how amy felt during it would have characterized her as really cold in a way the story didn't need

Snooze Cruise posted:

i hope whatever they do next is also gay 🙏

theyre pretty good at it! but i bet even something nonromantic or straight would be good too

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

thats a tremendous ^_^

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

loved this one. the yuri of time passing with no contact, but thinking of her...

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

StupidNameNobody posted:

Shiori and Yuki

One-off featuring a woman who gets together with a single mom after a chance encounter with their little daughter. It's very beautiful.

this one pwns

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Snooze Cruise posted:

im dying lol

hell yeha...............

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

click the picture op

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Clarste posted:

Witchcraft.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
its good

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Snooze Cruise posted:

4 koma, poor college student x cabaret hostess yuri
this is a one shot but apparently it got serialized and more chapters are coming

this ones a Pro Click

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

tokin opposition posted:

what does "a duck with a leek on it's back" mean?

i dont know but look at this picture

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Huzzah! posted:

and heres chapter 2. already introducing another woman. oh my! :gaysper:

i started reading this and got probed before i finished. and now im back to say its good

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
cracking my knuckles, taking a big swig of water, and settlign in for some problematic yuri

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Snooze Cruise posted:

oh its actually not that problematic oh no... need to swap in murcileago so akio doesn't get mad at me.

its uwu but its good uwu. you may live

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Snooze Cruise posted:

Volume 3 of She Loves to Cook, She Loves to Eat was uploaded on Bato for those can't buy the manga (buy it.)

still truly iconic for this one (there is also what i think is a reference to the handmaiden in volume 3!)

Going to try to start watching the live action adaptation this week! I heard its good and they didn't no homo it like you see in some drama adaptations.

i started this series based on this post and now im caught up. and its good, and i think i have to check out the series

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
(eats another spoonful of unsweetened oatmeal) sometimes you want a little simple joy

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
I wasn't expecting it to go such a thoughtful direction but it's much better than manufactured relationship drama. Yuri isn't a competition.....

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
thats realism to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
i want office ladies that are toxic jealous bitches to each other. is that too much to ask