Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Oh yes! I have been waiting for this for ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

RuBisCO posted:

I just got and read volume 2 yesterday, what's up

Just wondering if I should start recommending it to customers. The premise seems creepy but I haven’t had the chance to read it yet

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

thetoughestbean posted:

Just wondering if I should start recommending it to customers. The premise seems creepy but I haven’t had the chance to read it yet

I think it's quite an easy recommendation. The horror elements are pretty creepy and artistically distinct. The art in general is very striking.

There is a lot of subtext (just text, really) about coming out, growing/confusing feelings between best friends, and horror as a metaphor for social stigma and shame. It presents itself as a mystery that is I think is compelling for new readers.

It's quite creative in its paneling, and my one of my favourite aspects of it is just how well it portrays a hot, sweaty humid asian summer. Which is the true horror, really.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

RuBisCO posted:

I think it's quite an easy recommendation. The horror elements are pretty creepy and artistically distinct. The art in general is very striking.

There is a lot of subtext (just text, really) about coming out, growing/confusing feelings between best friends, and horror as a metaphor for social stigma and shame. It presents itself as a mystery that is I think is compelling for new readers.

It's quite creative in its paneling, and my one of my favourite aspects of it is just how well it portrays a hot, sweaty humid asian summer. Which is the true horror, really.

Sounds like I should pick it up at some point

It’s really only tangential to this thread but I picked up the latest volume of Kageki Shoujo!! and man, that series is just do charming

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

My copy came in! Super excited to have anything Yodo in english. Previously all we had was a single chapter in a Bloom Into You anthology collection.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Nearly threw my tablet across the room after the big timeskip in My Love Mix-Up. I've been told this sort of thing happens in gay manga all too often, so it's just as well that it was All A Dream.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Does the title of Miss Landlord roughly translate as "Monthly rent, includes garden, includes landlord"?

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

SexyBlindfold posted:

Does the title of Miss Landlord roughly translate as "Monthly rent, includes garden, includes landlord"?
Exactly right.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

im dying lol

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Snooze Cruise posted:

im dying lol

hell yeha...............

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Link?

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

click the picture op

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Witchcraft.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Clarste posted:

Witchcraft.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Clarste posted:

Witchcraft.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Nice to meet you, I'm the Master of NTR Yuri.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I read the 1st ch and it's pretty relatable except for the NTR parts :v:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Isnt the ntr parts like the main thing

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I mean the main thing is this lesbian lady being kind of uncomfortable around her straight(?) crush who's separating from her husband and crashing at her place.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Ah the yearning for ntr is the main thing.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
New Yodokawa! Feels like one of her weaker ones. The writing can always be a bit clunky but this one doesn't really have any particularly good faces, as the number one Yodokawa face fan.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Nihilarian posted:

Isnt the ntr parts like the main thing

The thing with Netsuzou Trap is not even in that were the NTR parts are the main thing.

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami
lesbials

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
its good

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Amy: spends days worrying about what to do after she graduates

Bibi: "i already made plans for you"

they're perfect for each other

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
https://x.com/yenpress/status/1725974690244563209?s=46&t=X6-Ut4Z5gjBZ_q10eeG_mg

I was very interested in this title when I first heard about it, very happy that it’s getting an English release

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

gnome7 posted:

Amy: spends days worrying about what to do after she graduates

Bibi: "i already made plans for you"

they're perfect for each other

They have such delightfully complimentary problems. I'm glad to see this story continue.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Just read Run Away With Me, Girl. Wow, what a story. Brilliant art, and a male character i hate almost as much as Ryoutarou from the Hibiki novelist manga. Just a pathetic guy who is a kind of banal evil and has something broken within him.

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

thetoughestbean posted:

https://x.com/yenpress/status/1725974690244563209?s=46&t=X6-Ut4Z5gjBZ_q10eeG_mg

I was very interested in this title when I first heard about it, very happy that it’s getting an English release
I read the little free preview for this on bookwalker and it sure comes out of the gate swinging. Teen finds out his classmate likes BL, has a little laugh over it being all idealized fantasy, then goes to a gay bar to meet up with a man in his 50s he then proceeds to gently caress while pretending to be his son. He talks about it to his HIV-positive online friend who softly scolds him that dismissing the classmate's thing as a shallow interest is just playing into society's desire to reduce everything down to its simplest form so it becomes easy to understand and all disturbances are ironed out, and he needs to treat her with the same respect and willingness to understand that he'd like to see applied to himself. This is just the first 20-ish pages.

I like that the MC is just the most normal guy just kinda trying to get through the working day and navigate his internal contradictions while the classmate is a real shoujo protag, all willful and gung-ho but also a little bumbling in an endearing way that makes it easy to see her as a bit of a cartoon, but if you're willing to pay attention there's also a lot of loneliness and neediness there even this early on. There also seems to be a lot of focus on friendships between people of wildly varying ages which I find interesting. It feels kinda like a partner piece to fellow recent Yen Press licensed manga I Want to Be a Wall by Honami Shirono (itself quite good) in terms of exploring the intersection of fujoshi and gays, but where that was veiled and sensitive this is raw and confrontational.

I do wanna see more of this, only thing is that it's actually an adaptation of what is originally a novel, so I might prefer to read that version instead.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
These I Love Amy epilogue chapters are way too good

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I think this might be Zenbu Kimi no Sei's funniest chapter? Just a whole chapter of Nagisa asking "What is a Top?" With Ryou on the side gently insisting that he is not a bottom.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
4 koma, poor college student x cabaret hostess yuri
this is a one shot but apparently it got serialized and more chapters are coming

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Snooze Cruise posted:

this is a one shot but apparently it got serialized and more chapters are coming

this ones a Pro Click

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Snooze Cruise posted:

and heres chapter 2. already introducing another woman. oh my! :gaysper:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

she is just like me, fr fr

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Huzzah! posted:

and heres chapter 2. already introducing another woman. oh my! :gaysper:

what does "a duck with a leek on it's back" mean?

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

tokin opposition posted:

what does "a duck with a leek on it's back" mean?

i dont know but look at this picture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Ohtori Akio posted:

i dont know but look at this picture

thank you

also I got to the end and the translator's note explained it, thank you zeztie