Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

But when will we get the novelization of Metroid: Other M?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

I also love Maridia, I just hated having to intuit that the glass hallway could be power bombed.

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

Look, buddy, if there's one thing that totally amps up a villain's reputation as a cunning god of death, it's embarrassing baby moments burned into people's minds. Samus' trauma moment where she turns into a child in front of Ridley wouldn't have worked if we hadn't seen baby furby Ridley lose his balance standing on a fruit and then struggle to get up.

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

Regarding the controls of the game, I managed to get used to them well enough, but I think the issues other people are going through are happening because there's really no reason three buttons should be pressed just to shoot a missile or grapple beam. It's not as though the R and ZR buttons are used for anything else, why not just designate them as the fire missile/grapple beam buttons instead? Or at least have a toggle like Super Metroid instead of needlessly complicating what should be simple actions?

Vookatos posted:

I'm one of like two people who prefer to jump using the circle button in Dark Souls, too.

:hfive:

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

It seems a bit strange that an English translation could be so off base from the original source. Like, we're past the days of Ted Woolsey having to drastically alter the script to make it fit both in the game cartridges and into Nintendo of America's policies. This was a game where story was basically the selling point, I would have thought there would be better oversight from someone in Japan to make sure the translation would be more in sync, especially since Sakamoto apparently had a role in directing the English voice actress of Samus.