Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I like Samus Returns more then AM2R myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Lawman 0 posted:

Anyways I'm extremely excited to once again blow away space pirates in Metroid.

We may not fight any, the group as a whole seems done unless Ridley comes back for Dread.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah that does not bother me at all. That's how it was done in Zero Mission.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I don't really care about sequence breaking stuff, and I was fine in other Metroids going down the primary path.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Time to Dread it up, see you guys when I finish.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
poo poo, I did not want to return to the thread, but I am lost. Early stuff

Just beat Corpius and got the Invisibility power, but I can't figure out where to go. I don't have any ways back into the old EMMI zone, and the only areas I can go to now are full of heat zones I can't survive in.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Ok seriously. The first EMMI zone you have to sit on a plate and raise the water to slide through and continue. The EMMI is literally just there so that you have to pass through that area in a rush like 4-5 times before you figure out that you can interact with that glowing place. Lame as hell.

I snuck by it, and got it super quick, as I noticed the floor was sinking. You can always lure the EMMI into different areas, to take pressure off you.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Zebulon posted:

I got stuck here too, here's the solution: In the new zone, shoot the wall to the left in the elevator and that opens up a way.

Thanks

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

im not worried about the pressure as far as the game goes, its just a nuisance. let me casually explore, not execute qtes.

You don't have to do the QTE if you don't get caught. Also you will be able to destroy them eventually.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blaziken386 posted:

has anyone figured out the timing for the EMMI counters? like, is there a specific tell I'm not seeing?

I've done it once, on accident.

The timing depends on the animation used when it catches you, you pretty much have to memorize the timing of the two counter openings and hope you pressed the button right as it was going to flash. If your in water it’s a bit easier as it’s slowed. But more or less don’t rely on it, don’t get caught if you can.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

also wtf is with adam? its like the creepy creator of samus' self-insert who really cant stand that fans thought of samus as a lone strong female protagonist who could deal with anything on her own, and just has to create weird Kinbaku-bi and restriction scenarios. He even looks directly into the camera and says even at full power [Samus] cannot withstand the EMMIs.

i got weird vibes about that in Fusion and with Other-M and this i see my instincts were correct.

How did he look into the camera when he has no eyes. Also no clue what Kinabaku bi is.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Bruceski posted:

I'm getting stuck on a boss (mini-boss? There's a fuzzy line between the two but this was behind an eye door) well into the game, 6th EMMIs area.

For the lightning beetle, how do I dodge the seeker shots? Haven't found a way to do it reliably and they attrition me down.

It’s easier to avoid if your not trying to free aim at the same time. Heavily just recommend jump and shoot plus missiles on it while largely ignoring free sim.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Don’t know what issues you are having with ADAM. He seems fine other then not having much faith in you.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

stev posted:

I like that he tries to give orders, but you can just ignore him and walk straight into the lava room if you want.

It’s not even orders here, he’s just saying going into Lava Room will probably kill you, I don’t think you should.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Despite how dangerous the EMMI are to Samus, I don't think they would be a match for something like Kraid or Ridley. The reasons the EMMI are threatening is that they are bigger and stronger then Samus while being immune to her weapons. Kraid and Ridley are not immune to her weapons, but are bigger and stronger. Kraid could probbably just grab an EMMI and I don't think it could do anything to him while he crushed it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Augus posted:

I think my biggest complaint would be that most of the music, besides the excellent EMMI themes, is merely good. It’s pretty effective ambience but not super memorable.

Also the finale kinda felt like it snuck on me, the game maybe could’ve stood to keep going for one more area.

I thought there would be one more area, cause there is a large chunk of open space in the global map above Cataris I thought would contain an area.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blaziken386 posted:

hot take: escue sucks and j hate it

Use the dash to avoid the homing.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Frankston posted:

I just got double jump, does it feel like absolute poo poo to anyone else? It just feels like half the time it doesn't work and I don't know what's causing it.

It only works if your spin jumping.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Bruceski posted:

Is there some nameplate I'm missing? Other than old faves I've just been calling them "that guy with the tentacles" and "that other guy with the tentacles" and such. Then someone says they beat Weeblewortz and everyone seems to know who that is.

The event screen says the name and if you scroll over the boss room on the map it says their name.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

CuddleCryptid posted:

I'm kind of surprised everyone is saying the underwater boss is so bad, as soon as you see the how to move the platform faster it is a breeze

Now, the person before it, the duel with the armored guy sucked rear end ten times harder with its length and hard to avoid, high damage attacks. Imagine my joy when it turns out to be a recurring boss

Note you can just shoot him, no need for missiles or charge beam.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Phantoon is the hardest boss in SM. Congrats on getting the Gravity suit, you can now collect something like 80% of the games items.

That's not true Ridley is the hardest boss. Phantoon is pretty drat easy.

Speaking of Ridley, I want another fight with him in a Dread like game. Him not being here feels off. Maybe give Dread an update that gives a new area in that large empty space on the global map with a Ridley fight.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Bruceski posted:

Game beaten, 100%, 10:21. Fun game but oof that final boss. Phase 2 feels too long.

Speaking of the final boss, the final-final section, was that him shoved inside an X-based Kraid body?

From what I can tell, the X that took control of Raven Beak was the one that took the body of Z-57. After it sunk into the lava it probably found Kraid and took over him as well, as it has both Kraid's traits and Z-57's traits. Then it mutated into an ungodly abomination of all three with Raven Beak being the smallest just being a head in the mouth.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blaziken386 posted:

lategame boss spoilers: hey whats a reasonable amount of damage. is it 6 full energy tanks, maybe? is that reasonable, do you think.

Something must have triggered there. That guy hits hard, but he does not hit that hard.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Araxxor posted:

For reference:

Ridley was heavily injured in said attack years ago and ate a bunch of poo poo and humans to regenerate his body. And rubs that factoid in Samus's face hard when he realizes she has PTSD from the day of that attack.

What an utterly garbage creature.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
On hints for future games.

Right before you fight the Golden Elite Chozo. You see some Chozo ships. After the fight with Raven Beak, you go to the same area and the ships are gone.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mr. Nice! posted:

this would mean that the X escaped and is spreading now via the makwan.

Also, any idea why Ravensbeak isn’t affected by the X until his power suit is damaged? Samus’ powersuit wasn’t able to stop an X infection. Why would his be any different?

Probably cause he was in a ship high in the atmosphere while they were running wild.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

AtomikKrab posted:

He was going to take the metroid dna from her corpse and make more metroids, but when she started to evolve, he got a dose of the old hubris and was like "Why just metroids when I could have my own army of SAMUSes?" And again if he had not hubris'd himself on not fixing his helmet he would have won in the end since he was smart enough to make his suit metroid energy drain and presumably X proof.

He seems to have it doubled it up. He set up the EMMI as obstacles to overcome so she would awaken Metroid powers. However if they killed her, they would have just stolen the Metroid DNA and he would have gone with his original plan.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

AtomikKrab posted:

Nah

it was

I shouldn't have killed the helmet repair guy until AFTER he fixed my helmet

We actually have his final thoughts. It was "Power requires sacrifice!" he says that as the giant X monster.

Amppelix posted:

raven beak's plan was literally to lure samus to the planet and instantly kill her once she arrives. and he also literally succeeded at that but then got undone by his own hubris at the last second as he saw that samus had the capability to become a metroid and he devised this whole scheme where oops samus turns into the most powerful being in the galaxy and kills him. didn't see that one coming.

He still seemed sure he could win until the Parasite got him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

MechaX posted:

Even if he beat Metroid Trigger Samus, what the gently caress would even be his plan at that point? ADAM probably wouldn’t even have let him on the ship, his planet was exploding with all of his research, and the X infesting the planet now was kind of his fault. But he was ready to go for Round 3 anyway

He may know the location of some extra Chozo ships to escape with, all he would have to do is bring Samus' corpse with him and he could still win. Though the closest ones were gone at that point.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

CandyCrazy posted:

Metroid powers would make for a pretty natural extension of how the Counter mechanic currently works. A successful counter already primes you to instantly kill an enemy for extra resources, so all that needs to be done changing the counter to a grab that automatically kills and absorbs the enemy.

They would also work as a flashier way of getting a boss's upgrade when you kill it.

I could see it being something like absorbing the enemies energy with Metroid powers, fuels the Metroid Suit and the Hyper Beam to unleash all the energy she has absorbed so far.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Honestly while I love Ridley fights, I feel him being in Dread would have overshadowed Raven Beak.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Oh poo poo I’m an idiot. It was Fates, I forgot that game got split into two games for some reason, and it was the not-Conquest game that got a real bad localization. For some reason I thought Conquest was Fates.

Conquest is Fates, you are thinking of Birthright probably.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Someone in the comments on that video points out that the bridge and void below it where Samus first fights Raven Beak is flooded when you activate the water systems and come back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
If we get a Dread follow up, I do hope we get a Ridley fight.