Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

AHH F/UGH posted:

f2movies exists, you know. Just saying.

This. Though have some kind of adblocker if you go there on mobile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I would have hosed a tree trunk so the semen would have formed a tree baby instead of a ground one. It would solved a lot of problems.

Do you want ents? Because that's how you get ents.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I have just Comcast Internet, and it's been fine for me. My experience with customer service with them has also been weirdly fine.

Having cable TV is weird. My Boomer parents have cable TV. Why would you have cable TV?

Newton N. Minow posted:

When television is good, nothing—not the theater, not the magazines or newspapers—nothing is better.

But when television is bad, nothing is worse. I invite each of you to sit down in front of your own television set when your station goes on the air and stay there, for a day, without a book, without a magazine, without a newspaper, without a profit and loss sheet or a rating book to distract you. Keep your eyes glued to that set until the station signs off. I can assure you that what you will observe is a vast wasteland.

You will see a procession of game shows, formula comedies about totally unbelievable families, blood and thunder, mayhem, violence, sadism, murder, western bad men, western good men, private eyes, gangsters, more violence, and cartoons. And endlessly, commercials—many screaming, cajoling, and offending. And most of all, boredom. True, you'll see a few things you will enjoy. But they will be very, very few. And if you think I exaggerate, I only ask you to try it.

That's from loving 1961.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_and_the_Public_Interest

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I was in the hospital recently for kidney boulders and was flipping through the channels, got to Disney and it was literally just a streamer playing some video game? And according to the guide it would be on for half the day. Is this just what kids TV is now?

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

you said it op, get 'em!

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
imagine a cast made out of cum lol gross

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Remember when Comcast encrypted local HD stations and then tried to charge like $8/mo for a box to descramble them, and called it improving service.

That was the same week I switched my internet provider to not-Comcast.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Waltzing Along posted:

Just got cable again for the first time in almost 2 years. And now cartoon network is in the "top tier." Very nice. Very very nice.

Ask your parents to switch to a streaming service, moving in with your parents is not "getting cable", it's having cable.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Aug 28, 2021

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Three Olives posted:

Ask your parents to switch to a streaming service, moving in with your parents is not "getting cable", it's having cable.

Pedantry this advanced requires glasses to look at directly

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

AHH F/UGH posted:

f2movies exists, you know. Just saying.

Thanks, I just watched that Bob Ross documentary on there and now I know to never buy anything with Bob Ross on it.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Elder Postsman posted:

Remember when Comcast encrypted local HD stations and then tried to charge like $8/mo for a box to descramble them, and called it improving service.

What’s it like living somewhere with options? Sounds like a wonderful dream

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Gutcruncher posted:

I had one small time ISP nearby willing to offer great rates for high speed poo poo but my roommates veto'd me and stuck us with Century Link "Because the established brand must be better in every way" lmbo owned, me

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Elder Postsman posted:

Optimum is doing that starting October lol

HD antenna on my roof to an HD Homerun Prime in my basement to a Plex server with Sonarr and Radarr for life.

Zero monthly payments. Zero commercials. Live local TV. Owns.

https://www.optimum.com/business/digital-encryption

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Gutcruncher posted:

I mean, the alternative was CenturyLink, the same speed, for the same price, but at least I wasn't giving my money to Comcast.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Gutcruncher posted:

We get the the choice between AT&T 1 Gbps symmetrical fiber, which we have, for $70 a month and or pay Spectrum $100 a month for "Up To 1 Gbps" with absolutely no details about the upload is unless you do a bunch of digging to find out the rate card information is 35 Mbps max.

This is of course because there is very limited overlap between AT&T fiber and Spectrum cable internet, but imagine if they actually had to compete over large overlaps.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Wifi Toilet posted:

Thanks, I just watched that Bob Ross documentary on there and now I know to never buy anything with Bob Ross on it.

Yeah it’s literally every TV show and movie ever. It’s kind of nuts. I just watched There Will Be Bloos the other day and I’m restarting The Wire season one right now.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

AHH F/UGH posted:

Yeah it’s literally every TV show and movie ever. It’s kind of nuts. I just watched There Will Be Bloos the other day and I’m restarting The Wire season one right now.

Why will there be bloos

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
this thread started out with some VERY offensive and disgusting language but I could enjoy a dialogue about piracy in the modern era on this new territory of page 2

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Why will there be bloos

Anime is bloos

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Floodixor posted:

this thread started out with some VERY offensive and disgusting language but I could enjoy a dialogue about piracy in the modern era on this new territory of page 2

I would rather OP came back so we can berate them about their poor television delivery choices some more. I guess they sat down to watch an episode of Powerpuff Girls after posting and aren't through the ads yet.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
xxx and xxx(?) don't seem to like each other. Why does xxx get to see xxx's content?

xx
ooM
<->

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

At least Comcast is better than COX (sounds like cocks)

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Tosk posted:

COX (sounds like cocks)

:eyepop:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I love Cox because when a never ending issue is on a company's end I always say that's just Verizon being Verizon. But with them I get to say that's just Cox being cocks.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

This thread has reached its monthly post cap.

Additional posts will be billed in increments of 5 posts for $10. An unlimited posting plan can be purchased for $200/mo.

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

Cumcrust.

(I did phone support for Comcast High Speed Internet back in the early 2000s.... "You need a cable tech... I can schedule a one on this specific day 2 weeks from now or this other specific day 4 weeks from now and you better be home at the time, they will *not* call first")

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

SHUT UP

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Bad Purchase posted:

This thread has reached its monthly post cap.

Additional posts will be billed in increments of 5 posts for $10. An unlimited posting plan can be purchased for $200/mo.

I hit the 1tb data limit and got charged per 10gb over the second time and immediately dropped Comcast. CenturyLink here is slow as gently caress but it hasn't been an issue yet, the price is locked, and no data cap

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Waltzing Along posted:

Just got cable again for the first time in almost 2 years. And now cartoon network is in the "top tier." Very nice. Very very nice.

Lol when do you start collecting social security, gramps?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Fuckassed Shitpissity Fartfur Cockptic Gayble has gotten my internest speed to increase TWOFOLD but I have to squeeze the semen out of the wires every other day! When will they stop doing this to me???

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

i loving hate comcast but i live in bumfuck farm town california and that's the only option for reliable internet out here. last place i lived at had an exclusive contract with comcast which meant it was them or nothing if you wanted internet. i really love how i need to change my plan every year because prices change after 12 months. did i say change? what i mean is that its the exact same plan but i have to actually 'add it to cart and check out' as if i were buying a product and not just continuing my service at the same price. also this time last year they insisted on giving me a free trial of cable tv as a 'pandemic thank you' despite me saying multiple times that i do not want it. they were betting on me forgetting to cancel it and they were right, so that was a fun phone call to make.

gently caress comcast. why do i have to pay a rental fee for the router? why do i need to renegotiate my plan every 12 months? why do you keep trying to get me to buy tv and phone plans? why did it take you four months to come to my house and lay down the cabling? why did you make me return the router when i moved only to give me an identical one that still uses the first ones password? why can't i unsubscribe from your emails?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Fuckassed Shitpissity Fartfur Cockptic Gayble has gotten my internest speed to increase TWOFOLD but I have to squeeze the semen out of the wires every other day! When will they stop doing this to me???

2x 56k? unbelievable

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
One of my favorite parts of Comcast is how your monthly cap doesn’t increase as your speed tier increases. Meaning the more you pay for faster internet, the easier it is to just fly right over the limit

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
If you get any isp. Do not use their modems and look up your speeds while buying the correct docsis modem type.

You're welcome

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Katamari Democracy posted:

If you get any isp. Do not use their modems and look up your speeds while buying the correct docsis modem type.

You're welcome

The only issue with this (and I agree with you 100000%) is that if you run into any problems with your service, they'll tell you to gently caress off because the problem is obviously your equipment, even though it most likely isn't.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Jose Oquendo posted:

The only issue with this (and I agree with you 100000%) is that if you run into any problems with your service, they'll tell you to gently caress off because the problem is obviously your equipment, even though it most likely isn't.

I've had this problem before and sued At&t because of that with a simple tracert command and pointing to their managers that it's actually a problem on their end. Also shown that their software was so out of date on the router that would throttle my speeds remotely on my end.

Settled out of court and got my correct internet speeds. Then moved away and switched to Charter. Blazing fast internet now.

Mind you this won't work for everyone.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

I've had this problem before and sued At&t because of that with a simple tracert command and pointing to their managers that it's actually a problem on their end. Also shown that their software was so out of date on the router that would throttle my speeds remotely on my end.

Settled out of court and got my correct internet speeds. Then moved away and switched to Charter. Blazing fast internet now.

Mind you this won't work for everyone.

I am using Spectrum now and I have issues all the time. Strangely, when I had Comcast previously, it was great. It definitely varies by market.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I have cable through Spectrum (comcast). :corsair:

Pathetically, a lot of the reason is so I don't feel so alone. :smith:

It's loving expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Then moved away and switched to Charter. Blazing fast internet now.

This is clearly a fake post.