Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

https://twitter.com/creeclaw/status/1430282211853484036

Forget Afghanistan and all that nonsense. This should be the #1 story in media whether that's mainstream, social, or crackpot

Tell everyone you know and screech on social media about this as much as possible because this is just pathetic and awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

let covid run amok among the hordes of invading children and you will have the perfect pretext to keep them from sullying the green grasses of a country where 40% of the population has incorporated horse paste into its diet

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
Obama deported more Mexicans than Trump did lmao

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

MLSM posted:

Obama deported more Mexicans than Trump did lmao

this is why the dems turned out for Biden and the Latinos for Trump

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Yossarian-22 posted:

Forget Afghanistan and all that nonsense. This should be the #1 story in media whether that's mainstream, social, or crackpot

Tell everyone you know and screech on social media about this as much as possible because this is just pathetic and awful

are you sure you've thought this through? are you sure that telling the average american this won't just make them like biden more?

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Trump pursued the Remain in Mexico policy, so migrants couldn't even cross to get deported.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

IAMKOREA posted:

are you sure you've thought this through? are you sure that telling the average american this won't just make them like biden more?

I'd say that there's a wing of the Dems now that Biden at least has to placate a little bit if enough of a fuss is made about this

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

bedpan posted:

this is why the dems turned out for Biden and the Latinos for Trump

this only shakes out for border communities where having a green card is a point of pride to gently caress over anyone else trying to get across and florida where, well

you know

gusanos

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
remembering all the scolds on this board and elsewhere using the camps as a cudgel to try ot bully ppl into voting biden, and loleing

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Please give dignity to the people. Please respect the people, the rules.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Muscle Wizard posted:

remembering all the scolds on this board and elsewhere using the camps as a cudgel to try ot bully ppl into voting biden, and loleing

i remember the people talking about how that while they admitted biden wasn't good, trump would be worse in XYZ ways and therefore if you really cared about immigrants you would go out and vote for biden.

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Yossarian-22 posted:

I'd say that there's a wing of the Dems now that Biden at least has to placate a little bit if enough of a fuss is made about this

*more* *vaccinations* *for* *mexicans* *in* *cages*! (i'm too old to know how to do the clap emoji so assume its the * ty)

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
death to america and to many specific prominent americans

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Yossarian-22 posted:

More like the Arbeit Macht Fraihat order

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Yossarian-22 posted:

why should this be a story? everyone who votes agrees this is fine, but half will only agree so long as their guy is doing it

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
These aren't concentration camps, they're just child repositories!

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

bedpan posted:

i remember the people talking about how that while they admitted biden wasn't good, trump would be worse in XYZ ways and therefore if you really cared about immigrants you would go out and vote for biden.

wondering if greyjoybastard is still gruntled

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
i wonder how long this thread would last if i started posting the greatest hits of FORUMID 46 BEFORE 1/1/2021 "concentration camps"

fifteen, twenty, maybe even forty seconds

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
the democrat base is completely shameless and will be unmoved by this

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Colonel Cancer posted:

These aren't concentration camps, they're just child repositories!

Decompression Centers, thank you :)

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

the nation will heal when doctor jill biden visits the camp with a "I really do care, don't you?" designer coat.

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007
like aren't half of these immigrants thanks to hillary clinton's term as SoS? helping out with the coup in honduras and poo poo when biden was VP? why would any democrat give a gently caress about the welfare of anyone who comes from south of the border?

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Tiler Kiwi posted:

the democrat base is completely shameless and will be unmoved by this

Even though I believe they have illusions there are Berniecrats and squadcrats who might be incensed enough to try and "push Biden left" however successfully or unsuccessfully on the issue

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

i wonder how long this thread would last if i started posting the greatest hits of FORUMID 46 BEFORE 1/1/2021 "concentration camps"

fifteen, twenty, maybe even forty seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQRW0RM4V0k

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

IAMKOREA posted:

like aren't half of these immigrants thanks to hillary clinton's term as SoS? helping out with the coup in honduras and poo poo when biden was VP?

yes

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Look if the lamestream media can get dems to care about afghan women and children that biden is "abandoning" we can help them transfer their emotions to children in cages with covid. No defeatism permitted here

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Yossarian-22 posted:

Even though I believe they have illusions there are Berniecrats and squadcrats who might be incensed enough to try and "push Biden left" however successfully or unsuccessfully on the issue

yeah, i guess. ive just been sort of cynical lately about how far sentimentality alone can carry people.

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

miniscule12 posted:

the nation will heal when doctor jill biden visits the camp with a "I really do care, don't you?" designer coat.

i don't know how much meta thought went into melania's coat but it was really loving funny how outraged people got in light of biden given that, as we have all seen, they did not actually care at all. melania owns. miss her 'n trnipo.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

thanks obama

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003
Don't you see, OP? The deputy Undersecretary of Immigration, Carl Corn, has been placed in charge of a blue ribbon panel to study how to re-unite these children with their families in Central America. The panel is set to have a 4-3 Democratic-appointee majority, so its reports are very likely to present a way forward for the Biden administration to implement concrete policy on the ground. It might not be perfect, but it's progress.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
I know how to fix the labor shortage. Release the children into nestle custody

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

tbh if "path to citizenship" meant decades in forced labor camps and then a hunger-games style battle royale in which only a few lucky winners actually end up getting the brass ring, you'd still see the other forum defending it

because that's how it works now lol

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

bedpan posted:

prezdent joe will personally sniff the hair of every detained refugee girl who contracts covid. would dumb old trumpf have done that? well, yeah, probably

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

ted cruz has done more to raise awareness of the child concentration camps than aoc this presidential administration lol

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
I think a lot of US policy over the last 50 years can be boiled down a fetish for putting children in places. Like cages, the ground, covid death traps. We just like moving kids around and telling them where to go

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

demon cracker nation

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea

Crazypoops posted:

demon cracker nation

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
biden's america

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

This wouldn't work at all. The monetary cost of the water needed to keep them alive is greater that the net present value of the work they will produce for Neslte. Nestle also made this calculation for the rest of the human population, and welp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

IAMKOREA posted:

i don't know how much meta thought went into melania's coat but it was really loving funny how outraged people got in light of biden given that, as we have all seen, they did not actually care at all. melania owns. miss her 'n trnipo.

The coat was a $49 job from Zara, it was definitely a message from a woman who normally wouldn't use fast fashion like that to start a fire