Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Zil posted:

I didn't mean to cause stress, it was more of my way of giving a compliment.

No no you're good, the stress is self imposed! Just... Trying to manage the build up of good ideas versus immediately actionable ideas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

If you have 3 pickles, you have a sandwich.

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Four pickles on the edge of a cliff

Gramps

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Byob recipe thread/book would be cool and because it is a byob project, everyone will expect it to never actually get finished

I would both enthusiastically contribute to and shamelessly steal recipes from this thread/book/off-Broadway interpretive dance vignette

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Salad Club: it's a club, but for salads, but it's a sandwich, but actually it's a soup in a bread bowl, it's complicated, we meet on Tuesdays

Queen-Of-Hearts

I would consider doing the layout in indesign

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I want Q-O-H to hand-write all the recipes out on little notecards

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

That could be the $200 commemorative edition

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'll think on it, maybe I will make a thread but not this week

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I would like to think about chocolate for a moment though, I do not often crave chocolate but I am right now. I want some sort of melting truffle. Like, even Lindt truffles would be fine.

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

No rush at all, only post it if you want.

Farecoal

There he go
I know Hershey chocolate is the bad chocolate that uses spoiled milk or whatever but I actually like the sour aftertaste

Manifisto

Farecoal posted:

I know Hershey chocolate is the bad chocolate that uses spoiled milk or whatever but I actually like the sour aftertaste

a lot of people do like the taste of butryic acid

I think it has to do with what you grew up with, anecdotally people in the US are much less likely to notice/object to it than europeans who strongly react and find it quite offputting

ty nesamdoom!

Stoner Sloth

Manifisto posted:

a lot of people do like the taste of butryic acid

I think it has to do with what you grew up with, anecdotally people in the US are much less likely to notice/object to it than europeans who strongly react and find it quite offputting

this is true in my experience anecdotally too - personally find it a weird and not necessarily pleasant taste but can see that folks would become accustomed to it

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Yeah, I didn't grow up with chocolate at all (my parents are unusual!) and nothing with butyric acid that I remember, so Hershey's tastes funny to me, but...so does all processed chocolate? I like it, I just don't have a developed palate for it. Cacao fruit? I know exactly what that tastes like (like lychee!)

But, I also like foods that other people find funky and gross. Everyone's palate is different and I genuinely think it's what you're used to.

Queen-Of-Hearts

I am super into this kinda thing at the moment. The synaptic reasoning, or whatever, behind why we register certain things in "strange" ways. Why some music registers as cinema and not overwhelmingly music or sound, abstract associations, etc.
Or snack related: the way Kraft singles register as foul, or imitation cheese for some, and for others they're their own unique thing not judged against some moral concept of "Cheese." Triscuits aren't for food, they're for the sensation. Popcorn is revolting because I can't get past the smell. I feel like I could go on about this for days.

Queen-Of-Hearts

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7012249256312573189

i desire the Gobble Loaf

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I used to be able to go to this vegan luncheonette and one of their seasonal fall things was this sandwich called the Goblin. If you've ever lived on the Midatlantic and had the Gobbler at Wawa or I guess any other of the Thanksgiving leftover sandwich type thing you'd know the gist, but it was better because it was vegan and it was named Goblin. I miss it a lot. I might make wild mushroom stuffing soon so I can make some of my own. It feels like cheating to go out of my way to make stuff for a leftover sandwich but drat I might. I think it also had sage mayo of some kind and a ton of really tasty grilled celery.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Manifisto

that . . . is . . . awesome

ty nesamdoom!

more falafel please

forums poster

How Wonderful! posted:

I used to be able to go to this vegan luncheonette and one of their seasonal fall things was this sandwich called the Goblin. If you've ever lived on the Midatlantic and had the Gobbler at Wawa or I guess any other of the Thanksgiving leftover sandwich type thing you'd know the gist, but it was better because it was vegan and it was named Goblin. I miss it a lot. I might make wild mushroom stuffing soon so I can make some of my own. It feels like cheating to go out of my way to make stuff for a leftover sandwich but drat I might. I think it also had sage mayo of some kind and a ton of really tasty grilled celery.

i've never had the gobbler (i've somehow never been inside a wawa?) but i've made myself many similar sandwiches that kick rear end

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Queen-Of-Hearts

AVERT YOUR EYES, MORMON NAILER

i wish to try the sage mayo. On something. not like, a spoonful of it.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I SAW THAT!!!!!!

:jail:

Queen-Of-Hearts

I gave you fair warning and you ignored it. You go.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I can't, I'm allergic to jail

How Wonderful!

whisking together some jail, lemon, minced garlic, mustard and olive oil while singing a mournful tune

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I think mayo is probably fine, I just don't eat it. I don't get why people get really militant about it either way, I just cannot ever ingest the stuff. It's bad.

Queen-Of-Hearts

I'm not really fond of it in detail but as something in small quantities in a sandwich, that i taste and not feel, i'm okay with it.

Zil

For me I much prefer a nice pesto instead of mayo. I mean I'll eat mayo, but not my first choice.

more falafel please

forums poster

i used to really hate mayo. now i like mayo-based sauces if they don't taste too mayo-y, and a little bit of mayo as sandwich lube is acceptable, but i still don't really Like Mayonaise

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
EVERYONE EXCEPT MORMON NAILER READ THIS

Wow I can't believe you'd betray my trust like this MN

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

God dammit you KNOW I'm really nosy.

Also it's the lubricative qualities of mayo that I don't like--it's a substance that is somehow wetter than the sum of its parts, and my mouth can't handle it. Also it tastes like farts smell, to me, even fresh made mayo with farm eggs. I dunno! I have weird food things.

Like I won't touch canned meat, even when I did eat meat it's just "a big no thanks" imo, esp tuna. Granted there's a lot of childhood I can't remember so it all probably goes back to The Dark Times, honestly.

Thing I do like: I'm really really into these gd olives rn, it's the only thing that has tasted good to me y in a few days. Castlevetrano forever.

How Wonderful!

Mormon Nailer posted:

I think mayo is probably fine, I just don't eat it. I don't get why people get really militant about it either way, I just cannot ever ingest the stuff. It's bad.

Yeah you know, my post was exactly the kind of thing I ordinarily find very annoying and stupid, like in college when people would loudly like, eat a hot dog in front of me and be like "DOES THIS OFFEND YOUR VEGAN SENSIBILITIES" so I apologize for it. Nobody should ever have to justify not having a predilection for a particular food or song or whatever else and it wasn't cool to make a joke of it.

I got rightfully dunked on in BSS just the other day for eating sandwiches with a fork and knife so who the hell am I to talk to begin with.

Manifisto

How Wonderful! posted:

eating sandwiches with a fork and knife

you what now?

just kidding friend, eat your sandwiches how you like

ty nesamdoom!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

How Wonderful! posted:

Yeah you know, my post was exactly the kind of thing I ordinarily find very annoying and stupid, like in college when people would loudly like, eat a hot dog in front of me and be like "DOES THIS OFFEND YOUR VEGAN SENSIBILITIES" so I apologize for it. Nobody should ever have to justify not having a predilection for a particular food or song or whatever else and it wasn't cool to make a joke of it.

I got rightfully dunked on in BSS just the other day for eating sandwiches with a fork and knife so who the hell am I to talk to begin with.

I have a shameful secret

I eat some burgers with a knife and fork because I had my first ever burger as a teenager in Korea and I THOUGHT IT WAS NORMAL

Manifisto

who's got two thumbs and just baked pumpkin bread? this moi!

ty nesamdoom!

Queen-Of-Hearts

Eating fast food burgers/sandwiches off of fine china with fine silverware is great though.

Zil

Queen-Of-Hearts posted:

Eating fast food burgers/sandwiches off of fine china with fine silverware is great though.

Though eating prime rib off a paper plate doesn't have the same feeling.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Manifisto posted:

who's got two thumbs and just baked pumpkin bread? this moi!

Please please post the bread, I love pumpkin bread

Like literally, I'm pretty sure it's my favorite sweet food other than patbingsu maybe. I get cravings; my mom makes REALLY good pumpkin bread that is almost gooey on the outside and it rules.

cruft

I like how in just a few short months, the LGBTQIA2S+ thread has become the BLT thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

I think it really speaks to our commonalities as humans.