Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cruft

I also do not care for mayonnaise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm gay

I'm also gay for BBQ sauce

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

It's SNACKtember because of GLUTTONY because you see, some very religious people think that LGBTQIA+ are inherently "sinful" etc and it's a play on PRIDE > WRATH > LUST etc.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I really like mayonnaise. A whole lot. It's okay if you don't and I'm not gonna pressure anyone into trying mayonnaise, but to me it is among the more delicious and efficient fat-delivery systems and it makes my life better and I want your life to be better too, dear reader.

I'm eating a really good apple from walmart. It's called a Sweetango and i get really excited every year this time of year when they become available. Very crisp, maybe almost too crisp, tart but sweet, nice apple flavor, nice small size, perfect red color with light spots going pink/yellow towards stem and end, but not fake red like a red delicious. I think they are the perfect apples and make a really nice snack. I've seen them places other than walmart, but they are usually really big and walmart has them in the little 2# bags, and tbh walmart has the best produce in this town anyway. I really don't like large apples. I got some really good apples at costco recently (cripps pink?) and they were a really good apple with great flavor but they were huge! I can't eat that much apple and they turn brown!

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Cripps Pink/Pink Lady are usually very small; Honeycrisp are usually larger.

Honeycrisp is my favorite apple and I will gently caress up a whole pound-plus apple by myself.

I have strong apple opinions.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Mormon Nailer posted:

Honeycrisp is my favorite apple and I will gently caress up a whole pound-plus apple by myself.

if i could find smaller cripps pink they might be a very close second. not fav, but the smallish gala seem to be available year round and they're okay I guess. Good apples are SO GOOD and mediocre apples are so awful.

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Mormon Nailer posted:

They are indeed a great apple, they were on sale this week at my grocery store so I got enough to last quite a while.

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Granny Smith, you cowards.

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Queen-Of-Hearts posted:

Granny Smith, you cowards.

They were my goto as a kid, but my tastebuds changed to not like sour tasting things.

biosterous

i really like mackintoshes, and sometimes i see people online saying they're terrible, and i wonder if maybe we're keeping all the good ones to ourselves in ontario? it's a nice tart apple with a good texture :shrug:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

more falafel please

forums poster

we get an apple CSA in this house. I'm partial to ida reds, but Cortlands are also very good and make great apple chips

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Manifisto

Mormon Nailer posted:

Please please post the bread, I love pumpkin bread

Like literally, I'm pretty sure it's my favorite sweet food other than patbingsu maybe. I get cravings; my mom makes REALLY good pumpkin bread that is almost gooey on the outside and it rules.

sorry sorry I already cut the bread and wrapped it up and eated a slice

the only honorable thing is to make pumpkin bread again soon and post the photos

this was also p basic bread, if you have a recipe to post (such as your mom's) chances are good I'll try it

also as to apples, sometime soon I will go to the farmers market and get an assortment of heirloom/new hybrids I've never heard of, this is always fun

ty nesamdoom!

more falafel please

forums poster

applechat made me get some golden delicious apple chips from last year. verdict: a good chip

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Queen-Of-Hearts

2 teaspoons baking soda.

cruft

I want to know who named the Red Delicious apple and whether this person also named the People's Democratic Republic of Korea

cruft

Can we rearrange the letters because I really like the acronym GBLT: makes me think of a gay sandwich on like a nice toasted gay wheat, maybe some vine-ripened gay tomatoe slices, and your choice of gay bacon or gay vegan fake-on..

Just sounds like a really nice gay lunch to me.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

No and thanks for not asking.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

There's actual historical and current Strife about the arrangement of the acronym(s) and what letters are "good enough" to be included so, yeah.

cruft

Well, okay, but I think I'm gonna make a sandwich for lunch.

cruft

No mayo for me though.

Queen-Of-Hearts

Breakfast included roma tomatoes i grew in my own garden and it's so satisfying

Farecoal

There he go
Apples give me wicked heartburn :(

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

They’re nothin fancy, but good ole Lance Toasty peanut butter crackers really hit the spot sometimes

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Hard agree, Toasty is Real Good. I also like a Captain's Wafer at home, no pb, maybe add a little hummus.

Southern Culture on the Skids knew what they were talking about.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

if im in the right mood those cream cheese and chives captains wafers are really delicious and if i'm in the wrong mood they're really gross

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I have never eaten a cheese wafer because I'm afraid it might be actual cow milk cheese and I will get sick, but I have been tempted by that devil many times at the wheel of death, and said "not today, Satan, I like breathing and also the toastys are a quarter less."

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Mormon Nailer posted:

I have never eaten a cheese wafer because I'm afraid it might be actual cow milk cheese and I will get sick, but I have been tempted by that devil many times at the wheel of death, and said "not today, Satan, I like breathing and also the toastys are a quarter less."
much to my surprise, they do actually contain milk, assuming Deproteinized Dairy Whey, Buttermilk, Cream Cheese (Pasteurized Cream, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Carob Bean Gum, Guar Gum), Sodium Caseinate, and Nonfat Dry Milk count! I figured it was just like, cheese flavored hydrogenated stabilized, preserved palm oil or something

cruft

Mormon Nailer posted:

I've always found it puzzling how ready people are to claim things aren't "real cheese" or "real meat" when clearly what they mean is "not processed in a way that is up to my arbitrary standards but could still kill somebody with an allergy."

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

dang now i wanna spray some easy cheese on a toll house club cracker

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

much to my surprise, they do actually contain milk, assuming Deproteinized Dairy Whey, Buttermilk, Cream Cheese (Pasteurized Cream, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Carob Bean Gum, Guar Gum), Sodium Caseinate, and Nonfat Dry Milk count! I figured it was just like, cheese flavored hydrogenated stabilized, preserved palm oil or something

I am glad I never gave in, holy lol. That's a recipe for anaphylactic disaster for me.

I miss buttermilk on my god drat cornbread tho.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

A reminder:

I'm gay as hell

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I have been eating a lot more plantains since I moved to Vermont, they're just divine.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Vermont, the Plantain State

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Vermont is known for their bountiful plantains.

Manifisto

the earliest settlers of vermont nearly starved because they had nothing to put their maple syrup on (besides oatmeal which was getting really really boring)

the abundant plantains turned out to be a gift from god, as well as a tasty side dish to jerked squirrel

ty nesamdoom!

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas

Manifisto posted:

the earliest settlers of vermont nearly starved because they had nothing to put their maple syrup on (besides oatmeal which was getting really really boring)

the abundant plantains turned out to be a gift from god, as well as a tasty side dish to jerked squirrel

If you must know they put maple syrup on snow here. It's a whole thing. We never would have done this in Philly because all the snow had thrown up chicken tender in it.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
All right folks time to get those last minute munchies in, Snacktember is almost over

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Do you remember
The 29th night of
SNACKtember

I do and I regret it, my tum hurts from oatmeal overdose

Queen-Of-Hearts

Snacktember never dies. It lives right here in my heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Queen-Of-Hearts posted:

Snacktember never dies. It lives right here in my heart.

That's arterial plaque but... Zoom in... Does that spell "haha pumpkin spice weed" in... Little flowers? Lol it rules