Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Bobby Deluxe posted:

E: forgot to mention earlier - walked to big sainsburys and found the sticker wielding opinion havers have been out and about with their spiciest takes:

This is just that classic thing of right wingers being so self obsessed that they can't comprehend that people might be taking vaccines, wearing masks, etc to protect others and not just themselves.

Also on the alpaca front: when I was a kid there used to be adorable wild ponies in my village that would wander up to for scritches and try to beg bread of you if you were walking back from the bakers. When foot and mouth happened they rounded up all the cute ponies, shot them, and burned them on a big pyre. So gently caress anyone who tries to bypass quarantine and animal health regulations because it results in dead ponies and crushes my childhood innocence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Moonwolf posted:

They're hoverflies because bees don't nest in carcasses and hoverflies will lay eggs in them like crazy. But also yes, ancient reference guy didn't know his entomology.

The whole point of the thing is that it was a miracle and only Samson could answer the riddle because he was the only one who has witnessed the miracle.

Because of this I personally think the Philistines were justified in feeling that Samson had broken one of the major rules of riddles, though their response of threatening to murder his wife and family was probably a bit ott and things got a bit out of hand from there on. (For those who may not know their Bible this episode ends with Samson braining 1000 Philistines with a donkey's jaw, setting a model of conflict resolution which would dominate the middle east to the present day)

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

My Dad had a three wheeler in the early 70s because he already had a motobike licence and you didn't actually need to be licenced for a car to drive one.

He then parlayed his motorbike licence into a full yemeni drivers license because he needed to drive trucks while he was working there, and then when he moved back to the UK he was able to use his yemeni licence to get a full british drivers licence without ever actually taking a driving test.

It's an extremely boomer story.

I think they changed the rules eventually and he did have to do a proper driving test, which he is still bitter about.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

I was going to say this is the only thing that could possibly hurt the Tory's polling but then I remembered that it was Kieth that brutally murdered the llama

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

In all seriousness the alpaca should have been killed, and if it didn't have tb that's sad but its better to be safe than sorry

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

it's like poetry, it rhymes

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Cool cool.

Cool cool cool

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Yeah I mean the factional infighting was the anti-lockdown section of the party stealing some CCTV footage to force the pro lockdown Hancock out of office and then getting their crazy Ayn Rand quoting man into the job. From that point on its just been a steady march towards letting chaos reign.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Gort posted:

Man, a bunch of the food shops round my way are 50% empty shelves.

Yeah I've not noticed any real issues until today, but the shelves were really bare at my local Tesco. Looked a bit like when the panic buying was happening last spring.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Yeah this country is bad for rents but I have literally no idea how people can afford to live anywhere near Dublin.

Also if you're looking to move to Manchester make sure you live somewhere in walking distance of a metrolink because the buses are loving useless.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

The most entertaining barrister since the freemen of the land guy who said he was a lord and went into court wearing a load of medals.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Lol Dominic Raab had done the refuses to get demoted gambit and is now Deputy PM so I can't see them managing to fire Patel.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Does he still have the spider?

Or wait is it williamson who was spiderman?

That was Williamson, but I also get them confused. Raab has more of a spider vibe tbh.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Lol yeah Patel has kept her job, I wonder if her pet policy of turning St Helena into a concentration camp will get off the ground now.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Oh my god.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

stev posted:

Numeracy is pretty terrible across the board in this country. A majority of voters don't understand the very basics of how marginal tax rates work, so it's not surprising that some people can't grasp negative numbers.

If you haven't been properly educated in it then the concept of negative anything is mind blowing.

I worked with a woman who was an accountant and had previously worked at HMRC who tried to turn down a payrise because it would move her into a higher tax band.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

NoneMoreNegative posted:

A Bread Climp, you mean.

Thanks for reminding me of a fun time

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Remember when they brought in omov because they thought it would increase the power of the labour right and stop another left wing firebrand like... Ed Milliband

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Remember when everyone was saying that Starmers strategy was "don't interrupt your opponent when they are making a mistake"?

His strategy now seems to be actively generate terrible headlines about your party to interrupt the government deliberately causing food and fuel shortages.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Yeah if you spend any time in the party you soon come to realise that internal politics is the highest calling of the labour right, anything else is entirely secondary.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

The cop also made a bad malt loaf so I think she's probably going home.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Update: the cop has managed to beat a nice man with a model train shop.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

That guy sucked tho tbf. But Jürgen, he is a very happy Jürgen indeed :3:

Yeah the man from tiny train world was indeed bad at cakes, and also making a model which really should have been his strong suit

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Yeah it's just searching the royal mail database of addresses but doing it in the most inefficient manner possible.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Lol

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Anyone know anything about this?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dog-owners-using-harness-instead-25030451

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1992/901/note/made

Apparently it's insisting it has to be a collar, not a harness. It worries me because the boy is too strong for a collar, and his harness has a tag attached with his name and address on it.

Is this just panicmongering, or have their been actual cases where a harnessed dog owner has been prosecuted?

My dog has a tag on her harness and a tag on her collar. I don't clip the lead on to her collar but I keep the collar on in case she slips her harness (we used to have one of those Julius K9 ones and she managed to escape from it once).

I don't have a collar on her round the house because we've got a very secure garden but I probably should do just in case.

e: and the story is definitely more about people who don't bother putting a tag ont he harness.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1441025634440990726?s=19

Lmao please let that creepy little doughnut do a leadership challenge.

Lol loving hell, the best they can do is Wes Streeting?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

BP is running out of petrol and diesel which is another sign that everything is fine.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

crispix posted:

*creaking economy and rampant poverty*

wuururuughgh jobjobjobjobs huhd wuhk und putriuhtuc wut uggs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :manning: urururrururgh

I cant tell if this is an impression of Boris or Kieth or both.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

goddamnedtwisto posted:

All of the choppers seem to have buggered off, but now there's a Spitfire heading towards south London which makes my dreams of German brutality suddenly much more real

Got to be filming something then surely? Though doesn't explain why the helicopters weren't showing their registrations?

Unless they are filming some video package for when the Queen dies?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

I had a dream the last Saturday where a person bathed in golden light appeared and warned me my alarm was still on and would ruin my lie in. The dream was true so I woke up, turned my alarm off, and went back to sleep.

What I am saying is that my dreams are blessed and so far the gift of foresight hasn't told me anything about royalty dying.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Andy Burnham is presenting a load of policy proposals in the manner of someone who is running a leadership campaign.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

my local community Facebook is terrified that anyone with a van is intending to steal all the local dogs.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

The spaceflights will go to Ascension Island along with the deportation flights and also occasionally get mixed up on purpose.

Ascension already has a bunch of stuff NASA abandoned there, including a crumbling model of a space shuttle from the 1970s. And according to some people there is still a prototype Moon rover in a shed somewhere on the island.

I wonder if the ESA earth station is still there or if us leaving the EU has also hosed that up.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

It's an amazing headline on two levels because

1. You should expect a politician to have a "conviction to win" because gaining political power is there loving job and

2. Kier is so loving poo poo at his job he might actually be the exception to the rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Bobby Deluxe posted:

A spectre is haunting the Labour party, apparently.

Honestly I'm beginning to think that both Labour and the Conservatives are assuming that they'll win by default and are using the opportunity to pursue their own agendas.

The tories are pursuing their ideological crushing of the poor and foreign because Labour is in dissarray. Labour are assuming that the tories ate being so nakedly evil that they can purge the left and gently caress about with internal structures and still win. The uniting philosophy on both sides is that 'now is not the time' for better things.

Yeah the overriding attitude is "we don't care because you don't have an alternative". Unfortunately for Kieth this is true for Tories but not for labour voters who will happily vote for greens/nats/lib dems depending on their location and level of meltiness.