Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

We’re back to monthly threads then? Summer holidays are over!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Honestly can’t argue with that logic.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

I take issue with the word 'again' in this tweet.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Failed Imagineer posted:

It would be cool if there were some videogames where you could headshot Swiss bankers tho

The Hitman games (the new trilogy) is pretty good for that.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Torygraph is all out for Johnson tomorrow.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

I’ve been sitting in A&E since 1930 last night to get antibiotics for a bite on my arm that’s starting to trace up my arm. All the nurses agree it needs antibiotics but I have to see a doctor to prescribe them. And I’ve been next in line to see one since 0030.

Our health system isn’t broken at all.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

crispix posted:

i wish the north koreans all the best too

Right? Why wouldn't you wish the general population of NK the very best and send your "good wishes for the future"?

They are not the problem here...

On September 15, 1812 Napoleon's Grande Armée made it all the way to the Kremlin. It didn't end brilliantly.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

therattle posted:

The general population needs all the good wishes it can get, given its leadership.

Exactly this.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Jedit posted:

It actually does. Normally a big party wouldn't double up a portfolio with a Great Office. That Johnson has says that there's nobody he can trust in the party.

Not surprised seeing as he’s chucked a few of his big supporters.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Jakabite posted:

Is it gauche to shill your new YouTube channel in the thread? I feel it may be but if anyone is interested drop me a PM :) mostly just me loving about for now but aiming to get into documentary film making and figure making daft but nicely shot videos (which my first assuredly isn’t) is good practice for the videography side of things.

Just post it - the thread is pretty keen on supporting each other!

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Guavanaut posted:

Counterpoint: The Spectator is still poo poo full of cunts

e: ^ and Brainden and Taki and the rest

It really is poo poo though. I like to try and get a cross section of views so I took out a £1 trial to The Spectator for a couple of months but it was just so powerfully bad that I couldn't carry it on.

Just low effort, badly written and poorly sourced shite.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Failed Imagineer posted:

Weren't people in this very thread claiming that Line Of Duty was brave for showing bent coppers, when in reality it's some of the most blatant copaganda in years lol

I thought LoD was less about how 'bent coppers' are everywhere and more about how the entire institution is so reluctant to change that nothing ever happens.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

I’ll put money (old or new) that even JRM doesn’t understand old currency and weights properly. Just loves the idea, like his poo poo Latin.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

I seem to remember it will keep the same weapon as the darkness boost until you clear with it, but that could very much be wrong!

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

If you're in an area where you can get Hyperoptic I can't recommend them enough. Great speeds, no need for a phone line. That's it really.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

the sex ghost posted:

Are these ones an op as well or are they good. they seem a bit fathers 4 justice

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-09-22/insulate-britain-protester-on-why-he-hasnt-insulated-his-own-home

Well it has given us this hilarious clip already. So who's to say if they're good or bad.

Spokesman for Insulate Britain turns out not to have his own home insulated, can't settle on a reason for why, compares self to Churchill standing up to Hitler, storms off set.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

feedmegin posted:

Sooo my hunch was correct, my landlord has found a new estate agent to try and sell this place and he has 3 people coming round for viewings on Saturday. May be moving house soon I guess? :shrug:

Remember that your tenancy is still valid until it expires, so they’ll need to either sell the house with vacant possession (and pay you to leave if you’re in contract); or find a buyer who will buy the place with you in it. They can’t get decide you need to leave because they’re selling, assuming you still have a valid tenancy.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

OwlFancier posted:

I mean if all I cared about was what seemed possible I would just vote tory all the time because that seems like the most likely to win.

And part of the problem with "most likely to win" is I have a suspicion a lot of people vote Tory for exactly this reason - like with sports, people like to be on the "winning side". This way if they vote Tory, their side "wins", so they're a winner.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Haramstufe Rot posted:

you don't even need a passport to go to many popular non-EU holiday/work locations (e.g., Turkey).

If I was the UK, I'd quickly implement a similar scheme as Turkey does. Nobody likes to spent the lengthy process of applying for and then schlepping around a huge-rear end passport just for vacation or business trips.

They won’t do that - because what even would be the point in them being blue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Out for dinner tonight and Handsy Hancock was at the next table. I knew it was him immediately, partlymostly because he was wearing exactly the same pink tie and white shirt he seems to wear in every single photo I've seen. Man has a look, he sticks to it.