Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was YOUR Champion for August, 2021?
This poll is closed.
:rodimus: Matt Cardona (GCW Champion) 21 22.34%
:sweep: Kenny Omega (AAA Mega Championship) 12 12.77%
Christian Cage (Impact World Champion) 12 12.77%
:unsmigghh: Dr. Britt Baker DMD (AEW Women's Champion) 7 7.45%
Shun Skywalker (FORMER Open the Dream Gate Champion) 1 1.06%
:kamina: YAMATO (Open the Dream Gate Champion) 1 1.06%
:thurman: Bianca Belair (FORMER Smackdown Women's Champion) 0 0%
:clint: Becky Lynch (Smackdown Women's Champion) 1 1.06%
:sg: Nikki A.S.H (FORMER Raw Women's Champion) 2 2.13%
:troll: Charlotte Flair (Raw Women's Champion) 0 0%
:smugdog: Roman Reigns (WWE Universal Champion) 0 0%
:jihad: Bandido (ROH World Champion) 1 1.06%
:anime: Bobby Lashley (WWE Champion) 2 2.13%
Naomichi Marufuji (GHC Champion) 0 0%
:zoro: Ryo Mizunami (Beyond the SEA Champion) 5 5.32%
:gaz: Deonna Purrazzo (Impact Women's Champion) 19 20.21%
:science: Jun Akiyama (FORMER KO-D Openweight Champion) 2 2.13%
:soupfamily: Konosuke Takeshita (KO-D Openweight Champion) 4 4.26%
:angel: Tsukasa Fujimoto (ICEx Champion) 1 1.06%
:coffee: None of the Above 3 3.19%
Total: 94 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I voted for Matt Cardona and I was gonna post that Matt Cardona will be PSP Champ of the Month in TYOOL 2021 but then I realised he won last month already so way to go everyone, top work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I hope Matt Cardona wins champion of the year and ends up one of those things where we look back and think wtf was happening in 2021.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

TEAM DEONNA. That Empowerrr match was chef's kiss.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
VIR TU OSA *clap clap clapclapclap*

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Today is the last chance for you to vote, and with only two votes in it... well I mean come on people, you know the score, vote goddammit!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Voted for The Virtuosa

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It was a close run thing, but in the end Matt Cardona managed to pull off another win to make August, in addition to July, his month. Just barely managing more votes from a strongly debuting Deonna Purrazzo, Cardona's unlikely status as both GCW Champion and Punchsport Pagoda's Champion of the Month continues. This also marks only the second time this year that a Champion has managed to win back-to-back months, putting Cardona in very good company with Kenny Omega, who himself only managed a joint 3rd place finish this month alongside the man who beat him for the Impact title: Christian Cage. It was a good month for most of the Champions on the poll in fact, as this month only four failed to gain a single vote, only one of whom was not a champion from WWE. Forget them though, as the current GCW Champion is probably happy to forget WWE. Because just like in July, August of 2021 belongs to Matt Cardona.

Previous winners, click the picture for poll results (where available) for that month.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
BOO

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

this is GCW's year

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sticky Nate posted:

this is GCW's year

Pfft, what are the chances that the GCW Champion wins for the third month in a row? I'll just look up the current status of the GCW Championship to confirm my smug confide-:stare:

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Jerusalem posted:

Pfft, what are the chances that the GCW Champion wins for the third month in a row? I'll just look up the current status of the GCW Championship to confirm my smug confide-:stare:

Being champ for 4 days still counts, right?

https://twitter.com/SoSaysShernoff/status/1434379136731078656?s=20

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Sep 5, 2021

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kenny didn’t get more votes than Christian, so in the end we all still won this month :unsmith:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

But he's still the GCW Universal Champion. That counts, right? :laffo:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Kenny didn’t get more votes than Christian, so in the end we all still won this month :unsmith:

Kenny lost to the true Belt Collector. If you plot his Belt Collection over time, the trend is only going down, but Deonna's... well, if these trends continue... EHHHH!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Isn't Deonna still technically GCW Women's champion too? Or did they officially decommission the belt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

Isn't Deonna still technically GCW Women's champion too? Or did they officially decommission the belt?

title has been dead for like 5 years or so, but they SHOULD bring it back just for the gently caress of it