Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Devlin only made like 7 million over 7 years. Juszczyk has already taken home something like 20. I think Nick Boyle is around 17 million. Ricard has to be around 6 million already and he was an UDFA. And before all of them they gave Vonta Leach a very nice contract. Blockers in Baltimore get paid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Lmao

https://twitter.com/schadjoe/status/1433201535543021569

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

MrLogan posted:

Your posts are right there.

:golfclap:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Not to mention no one in their right mind wants to go to Florida right now (yes I'm teeing up the joke)

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Bateman is on IR now and earliest he can come back is week 4. This preseason is an absolute disaster.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
This was a known outcome the second he had surgery. We've got more than a week before the first games. Conserve your energy.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's how you finish? I guess

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Devlin only made like 7 million over 7 years. Juszczyk has already taken home something like 20. I think Nick Boyle is around 17 million. Ricard has to be around 6 million already and he was an UDFA. And before all of them they gave Vonta Leach a very nice contract. Blockers in Baltimore get paid.

Juszczyk is a different sorta dude tho. He's good at everything

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I do think Bateman and Dobbins being out badly hurts our chances against the Chiefs. Still, that was going to be tough game regardless. I doubt those losses move the needle on any other Ravens games those first few weeks.

E: Juice is good. He maybe even deserves that contract. Still, I doubt he gets the opportunity to highlight those skills the way he did in Baltimore on any other team. Maybe that's changed now with how prolific Shanahan's offense is around the league.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I do think Bateman and Dobbins being out badly hurts our chances against the Chiefs. Still, that was going to be tough game regardless. I doubt those losses move the needle on any other Ravens games those first few weeks.

We're screwed against the Chiefs regardless because Harbaugh is badly outcoached by Reid every single time.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kawalimus posted:

We're screwed against the Chiefs regardless because Harbaugh is badly outcoached by Reid every single time.

If the Ravens beat the Chiefs by multiple TDs Week 2 how would you feel?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Sad that Mahomes went down week 1

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

That we are a lock to win the Superbowl if the injury luck improves.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kawalimus posted:

Engaging with you is never a good idea, but in the Lamar Jackson era:

Took the Chiefs to overtime before they even got a real chance to install an offense for Lamar.
Highly competitive
Badly outcoached once

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

kiimo posted:

Sad that Mahomes went down week 1

Hohooooo nice

Dobbins' injury is worse than Bateman's, but anyway I'm just glad Brown and Sammy practiced today and seem to be good to go

Losing to KC in week 2 is not necessarily a disaster but will probably have major playoff seeding implications so it sure would be nice to finally beat them

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

Engaging with you is never a good idea, but in the Lamar Jackson era:

Took the Chiefs to overtime before they even got a real chance to install an offense for Lamar.
Highly competitive
Badly outcoached once

I guess the sample size is small you are correct. But I do think Reid is ten times the coach Harbaugh is.

Actually the second and third times were both badly outcoached. Second was only somewhat competitive.

We've done worse against them each time.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Sep 2, 2021

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

The Puppy Bowl posted:

"I can't believe the Chiefs are on a two game losing streak"

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

The Puppy Bowl posted:

“I can’t believe the Chiefs had to start 11 practice squad guys on offense because of some botched COVID test results.”

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

AndrewP posted:

apparently Ricard had offseason surgery so this was basically an insurance pick. he probably could have been picked up as a UDFA but whatever, a fifth rounder didn't work out, just pretend they drafted Ar'Darius with that pick

I also don't really think they were high on anyone after the 4th round lol. I mean, no one is, but this year definitely felt like they thought it was a really shallow draft.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

AndrewP posted:

Hohooooo nice

Dobbins' injury is worse than Bateman's, but anyway I'm just glad Brown and Sammy practiced today and seem to be good to go

Losing to KC in week 2 is not necessarily a disaster but will probably have major playoff seeding implications so it sure would be nice to finally beat them
Yeah, it would have been cool if the Bills beat the Chiefs once last year too.
We, uhh, we did not even come particularly close.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I would like to remind you all that it took this loving MIRACLE to beat the Ravens on 4th and 9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oZ-aCvxI24

on the other hand he does do this successfully like an alarming amount

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

kiimo posted:

I would like to remind you all that it took this loving MIRACLE to beat the Ravens on 4th and 9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oZ-aCvxI24

on the other hand he does do this successfully like an alarming amount

And if it were like this each time thatd be one thing. But we've gotten further away each time.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/stevereedap/status/1433227296522002436?s=21

Darnold and…

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Gonna say CMC or Chinn

Benjamin Disraeli
Oct 19, 2005

Let's have some fun
This beat is sick
Let's play a Love game!

Did they just miss the part that anytime we play in Florida our fans take over nearly half the stadium not just because of people traveling but also because there are tons of people from Wisconsin/the midwest that have retired down there?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kiimo posted:

That one play got you jerks the 1 seed instead of the 5 and I'm still mad about it

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I will never rewatch that play. Ever.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Kawalimus posted:

I will never rewatch that play. Ever.

Is it better or worse than losing to Lamar with his fourth down TD after coming back from making GBS threads his pants? Because that's a play I can never watch again, personally.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I love the Mahomes no look pass. Defense did everything right. Just nothing to be done about an insane individual achievement like that. Reminds me of the leaping TD pass Mahomes threw in the Superbowl. Except you know, the WR caught it.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Woozie66 posted:

Is it better or worse than losing to Lamar with his fourth down TD after coming back from making GBS threads his pants? Because that's a play I can never watch again, personally.

Much worse. But I understand why you'd feel that way.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That wasn't his only leaping TD pass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE5DtEuuV2Y

he's weird. He's a weirdo. Nothing he does should work

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

kiimo posted:

That wasn't his only leaping TD pass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE5DtEuuV2Y

he's weird. He's a weirdo. Nothing he does should work

That's nothing. A bunch of QBs do that. What he did in the Superbowl was impossible. Flatly, simply, impossible. And his WR dropped it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I believe it bounced off his facemask actually

like that's somehow worse it means he didn't get his hands on it even

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

a neat cape posted:

That one play got you jerks the 1 seed instead of the 5 and I'm still mad about it

This was worse

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7aJmewy5UYk

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I am very glad I didn't watch this game

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Throwing a checkdown to the running back on 4th & 29 is so funny, too bad it worked tho

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Chucktesla posted:

Throwing a checkdown to the running back on 4th & 29 is so funny, too bad it worked tho

Pats were competing with the Ravens for seeding at that time and I cannot describe how mad I was after that play.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Pats were competing with the Ravens for seeding at that time and I cannot describe how mad I was after that play.

Especially since he didn't actually get it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Oh god the zapruder film stuff examining this at the time.

I mean maybe don't let him gain at least 28.5 yards to make that an issue in the end though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

a neat cape posted:

yes but like the Immaculate Reception, this only enhances the legend