Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Bengals fans I don’t know how to tell you this nicely but Jamarr Chase is a bust

https://twitter.com/fourverts/status/1435961672741625859?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

There is probably an interesting discussion to have about how catching up to the speed of NFL is going to amplified for all the dudes who took 2020 off and how that will affect the first month of the season but this thread is for barking like a seal at PFT clickbait so

I mean, wasn't Sewell the only other top pick that sat out? And he sucked in the preseason too. But Chase's issues seem, uh, way worse than just "I'm still getting used to NFL game speed after not playing high-level football for a year."

fsif posted:

Early-mid first round WRs rarely end up being a Pro Bowl level player, let alone even the best in their class.

2020: Ruggs, Jeudy, and Lamb all lag behind Jefferson (fifth receiver selected). Still too early to say anything definitively.

We'll see what happens this year, but the 2020 WR class could be a 2011-type class. I wouldn't be surprised if Lamb was a genuine star this year. Tee Higgins was also really good! But just barely not a first rounder.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Sep 9, 2021

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

How are Chase's issues way worse than any other NFL rookie issue? This is all based on some training camp bullshit and one pull quote that sounded funny.

Have you watched Ja'marr Chase this preseason? Obviously a small sample size but he literally looked like he forgot how to catch the ball. He could totally course correct but his issues don't seem like just normal NFL rookie stuff.

quote:

And like six dudes in the first round opted out in 2020 what are you talking about

lmao, yeah you're totally right. In my head I was thinking top 10 picks, but even then Lance didn't have a season and near top 10 picks like Slater/Parsons opted out too.