Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Dango Bango posted:

I bet females love that layout and color scheme

Having sex with Mark Davis seems like the worst possible thing a human could ever experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Brees
Bridgewater
Hill
Winston

Am I doing this right?

Aikman
Carter
Romo
Prescott

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Or do we count any starter, drafted or not?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

I love it

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

He is. Your heroes of the past played against unathletic cornboys that got into the NFL by running meat first into each other with no skill. They were slower, weaker, and less agile than present day 4th round picks. Players of today have access to way more training, nutrition, and advocacy for full time dedication to football. Their skill can only translate so much if they're physically worse than every D1 athlete now.

Nobody could accuse me of "good ol' days syndrome", but I think its unfair to say athletes of 30-50 years ago couldn't compete with modern athletes without a few qualifiers. If you plucked a guy out of 1980 and dropped him into 2020, sure, he hasn't been training from birth to be an NFL running back, with the latest in training, weightlifting, and nutrition technology, but if they were born at the same time there is no evidence to suggest they wouldn't be just as competitive.

Your boy Eli looks like a monkfish but played QB at the highest level, along with his brother. Either a) they somehow got Extra Athletic genes from their father who was just OK in the 80s on a losing team, OR their success had more to do with a lifetime of free NFL coaching, training, and guidance.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I think lineman are the exception, since you can't train to be 6'7", 350lbs, and with a larger population there are just more of them to choose from.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

SKULL.GIF posted:

What happens when you lose your entire OL room?

You get the 2019-2021 NY Giants?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Sua'Filo was a serviceable backup during his time in Dallas, but not a starter-caliber player

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1435226442091094019?s=19

God drat

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
now do an Eagles/Giants one where a 100ft tall naked man swats at hundreds of birds circling his head.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
How could anyone hate my sweet boy Dak??

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
They should have put Jerry Jones on the list as an honorarium

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

That sounds like a really baloney stat.

AndrewP posted:

here's one from PFF:

I know TFF is curmudgeonly about advanced stats but he 100% passes the eye test, he just didn't get a full workload

Rushing Yards Over Expectation is actually really fascinating: they use player tracking data from thousands plays, and feed it into a computer; the computer then generates a probability for the "expected" rushing yards based on where the dots move, and how fast, and how close to the runner they get based on the thousands of prior samples.

Then it looks at the subject play, and says, "Ok, here the runner should get 5 yards" or whatever. If the runner got 7 instead, he gets credited for +2 RYE.

https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1178395198075703297?s=20

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
by aggregating thousands of plays before it, the Computer figures Chubb gets tackled somewhere around the 20, for a 7 yard gain. The model thinks the blocks at the b gap are good enough to get through, but expects the LB, or CB and/or the safety to bring the average runner down.

Instead, Chubb's cutback leaves the CB and safety turned around, and his speed breaks the angle on the LB and he houses it. Thats a +88 Rushing Yards over Expectation.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Its Computers Watching The Tape.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

he's a lawyer. math is not his strong suit.

Correct

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Quiet Feet posted:

Just gonna sneak in a gently caress the Cowboys here.[/spoiler]

I'll allow it, THIS ONE TIME

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Guys idk I just feel like maybe tonight I might count out Touchdown Tom what do y'all think

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

biglads posted:

Is there anyone on the Cowboys defense likely to do us all a big favour tonight?

D Law already has first responders on standby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/PFF_Moo/status/1435959252997267456?s=19