Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

K8.0 posted:

Mike Vick wasn't as good as he was hyped up to be, but you can also say that about literally every mobile QB in NFL history except Mahomes. They have a fantastic season or two here or there, but the realities of injury, adaptation, and the fact that good teams with good coaches tend to prey on them in the postseason always catches up to them. They're fun to watch, but aside from Mahomes none of them have had the skills to have a truly great career.

Mahomes has already started getting concussions. He's super fun and I hope he has a long career, but it's absolutely possible he comes back to earth in the same way as his predecessors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I don't think it's the protection that's the issue, it's the amount of times that he extends the play into the "treated as a runner" ruleset. If they could convince him to abandon going for first downs if he's going to take a hit he'd last a lot longer, but it feels like he's not (yet) willing to do that.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

SKULL.GIF posted:

Losing your QB room is one thing, you can still run the ball or have one of your receivers or tight ends take snaps and throw the ball. It won't be effective but you can still put on a reasonable facsimile of professional football.

What happens when you lose your entire OL room?

Wait, no, now I want to see this happen. Some team just gets all their heavyweights knocked out, so they trot out defensive linemen and random fat guys off the street as their starting five.

MiamiDolphins.txt

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

fsif posted:

Really? They were a 10-win team last year and they got a lot of new pieces. People just hate Tua that much?

I think they have a lot of downside risk.

If they don't get the same turnover luck, the left side of the line is a tire fire and Tua doesn't kick on, a lot of last years one score wins could become losses. I don't think twelve losses is likely, but it's not outlandish like it would be for the other 10-11 win teams.

They have a lot of upside too, I'm not massively dumping on them, just worried there's a very plausible way for them to be bad

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Do people watch Redzone or do you watch the individual games or what? What is your formula?

Redzone on the TV, stream of the Dolphins game on the ipad.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

biglads posted:

Is there anyone on the Cowboys defense likely to do us all a big favour tonight?

Their sexual predator rookie linebacker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

D-LINK posted:

This is a bit strong for a hazing incident imo

Yeah, probably a little, but it was a sexual hazing type thing