Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Quiet Feet posted:

I am so angry that I have to watch Buccs/Cowboys and that one of them has to win.

Not true, they can potentially tie! Or The Sum of All Fears route! It’s in Tampa, COVID could do something!

gently caress both those teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Shaking Tom Brady's hand is the closest Dak Prescott will get to a ring.

He might have spent time with Jerry Jones and Michael Irvin and seen their rings over the cocaine and hookers.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Broncos @ Giants should be a shitshow, the best kind of show. :getin:

:hmmyes: I’m ready for the Clownball to commence.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

This is from a Command & Conquer game. I’m pretty sure some Allied cruisers shelled the gently caress out of it in Red Alert.

:hellyeah:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

A name like that deserves a long career.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

MrLogan posted:

Your posts are right there.

:golfclap:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

The Puppy Bowl posted:

If the Ravens beat the Chiefs by multiple TDs Week 2 how would you feel?

“I can’t believe the Chiefs had to start 11 practice squad guys on offense because of some botched COVID test results.”

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Tom Brady should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Go Chargers.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
They will absolutely mention the insane 2020 losses in some manner.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Grittybeard posted:

As a stat nerd I was wondering what OJ would have done with 16 games long ago my friend. It would have been very brutal, both on the field and with everyone to this day having to note the unrepentant murderer's single season rushing record.

So, in the end I welcome more games from a stats standpoint just in case something like that comes up again.

OJ's record still gets brought up now and then because he did it in a 14-game season. This ignores that Barry Sanders rushed for a total of 53 yards in the first two games of 1997, then ran for an even 2000 in the remaining 14. Or how the following year, the Broncos would pull Terrell Davis from games where they already had a huge lead. He got taken out of the game late in the 3rd or early in the 4th a bunch of times, and in a game against the Eagles he had 168 yards in the first half and then sat out the entire second cause they were already up 35-2 (:laffo:). In effect, he ran for his 2008 rushing yards in what was closer to 13 games played, and easily could have totaled more if he'd wanted to. The contrast for OJ is Bills didn't have many blow out wins, and in games where they were on the wrong side of a rout (Notably, both games against Miami), they'd feed OJ so he'd get as many yards as possible, since they knew he was going for 2000.

That said, there have only been eight 2000 yard seasons, one 1,900 yard season after that, and then another 13 guys passed 1800 rushing yards. Getting that many rushing yards ain't gonna be easy with how teams use backs in the modern NFL. I suspect we'll see a bunch more 5000 passing yard seasons, and wouldn't be surprised if 5500 gets cracked in the near future. Peyton's record from 2013 was 5477, and for comparison, Marino's 1984 was 5084, which is still generally held as a huge accomplishment considering the era.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
For comparison:

This was the last version of it I had saved, so there may be more before the guy retired it. Note the last name on there is Austin Davis, who played for them in 2015, before Hue Jackson was hired and had the 1-15 and 0-16 seasons. They could have still added Cody Kessler, Robert Griffin III, DeShone Kizer, Kevin Hogan, and Tyrod Taylor before they got to Baker in 2018.

EDIT:

Also, for comedy, here's Febreeze's hydra

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Chucktesla posted:

Wasn't he an air raid guy before people realized what the air raid was

Before the Air Raid guys, it was Run & Shoot quarterbacks like Andre Ware and David Klingler who had massive college stats but didn’t amount to anything in the NFL (And Ware even played for a Lions team running the same offense with Barry Sanders).

Couch was viewed as the clear cut #1 QB in 1999, not to the same level as prospects like :manning: the year before or :vick: two years later, but it wasn’t regarded as a particularly bad class either (And :mcnabb: proved solid for a long time). Couch got thrown into a meat grinder and that hosed him up. He eventually showed some flashes over his time in Cleveland, with a few Hail Marys and helping get them to the playoffs in 2002, but then he started breaking down physically while the team rallied around Kelly Holcomb as the staff and front office began to really become the Browns of the 00s.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Lol the PF Changs bit

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Hot Diggity! posted:

Looks like Cheatin' Tom is getting set to retire as he only now starts saying he doesn't like the rules that he led to or benefited from.

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1433649637190209536

This is the same guy who screams for a flag if a defensive player so much as breathes on him.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

boop the snoot posted:

Why wouldn’t you get free yards if you can get free yards

This is why Tom is a winner and everyone else is a loser.

Begging for the football cops to bail you out is bad and dumb.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Also he's really dumb.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

mcmagic posted:

Giants fans don't realize how bad a franchise the Giants are and look down on the Jets.

Old and dumb Giants fans are wanting to go back to the old school, hard nosed mentality the team had in the 60s and 70s when they missed the playoffs for 18 consecutive seasons.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Amy Pole Her posted:

Someone help explain why it’s a huge deal to a guy like Brady

He only likes single digit numbers when he’s open mouth kissing them.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Silly Burrito posted:

I have to root for the Cowboys? Yuck.

I’m rooting for COVID.

Quiet Feet posted:

gently caress the Cowboys.

While true, gently caress Tom Brady as well.

I hope it ends in a 0-0 tie.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Silly Burrito posted:

Hey Houston, you can sign me for just one million bucks. I'll give you about the same amount of production but be much much cheaper.

What’s your 40 time and stance on being called gritty (And not in the good :gritty: way)?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Diva Cupcake posted:

ESPN simulated the season. The Jets finish tied for the worst record in football but still don't pick #1 of course, but lol at the rest of the top 5.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32133086/simulating-2021-nfl-season-projecting-285-games-biggest-storylines-super-bowl-winner

1. Carolina Panthers
2. New York Giants
3. New York Jets (via Seattle Seahawks)
4. New York Jets
5. Houston Texans

Bills winning the Super Bowl is an acceptable outcome to the season, but RIP every folding table and butthole in Buffalo.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

mcmagic posted:

Can't he just go the gently caress away already? It's enough.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
gently caress Tom Brady.
gently caress the Cowboys.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
The only rushing stats that matter are sick jukes and hilarious stiff arms/trucks delivered.

Cue the career highlights of Barry Sanders destroying ankles and Earl Campbell running over entire defenses with his massive thighs.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

kiimo posted:

So this is a temporary thing until after week 1 I assume?

Someone previously pointed out that there’s some cap stuff about signing him to the practice squad for week 1, like if they need to cut him later in the season they’d only have to 25% of his contract or something along those lines.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Nodoze posted:

The Patriots being relegated to Trent Green and Kevin Harlan is disappointing. At least give me Gumbel or Ian Eagle

:dogout: Kevin Harlan is one of the best play by play guys in or at any sport. Trent Green is okay if nothing special.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Do people watch Redzone or do you watch the individual games or what? What is your formula?

Red Zone only. I never want to see a commercial, Scott Hanson owns, and I’ll see basically everything important from every game anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

shirts and skins posted:

I think you mean

:catdrugs: :spooky: ~the witching hour~ :spooky: :catdrugs:

:hellyeah:

My body is ready for quad octobox action.