Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

I'm surprised Elis wasn't picked up by somebody. He's a decent backup lineman.

Less surprised by this. Seems like they wanted to have Mason as a cheap replacement for Ricard next year, thus the draft pick. Sadly this is this year, not next year, so with Ricard still on the roster there's no space for the guy. Seems like a dumb move by Mason. Baltimore is the place to be if you're a Fullback or blocking TE that wants a second contract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Devlin only made like 7 million over 7 years. Juszczyk has already taken home something like 20. I think Nick Boyle is around 17 million. Ricard has to be around 6 million already and he was an UDFA. And before all of them they gave Vonta Leach a very nice contract. Blockers in Baltimore get paid.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
This was a known outcome the second he had surgery. We've got more than a week before the first games. Conserve your energy.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I do think Bateman and Dobbins being out badly hurts our chances against the Chiefs. Still, that was going to be tough game regardless. I doubt those losses move the needle on any other Ravens games those first few weeks.

E: Juice is good. He maybe even deserves that contract. Still, I doubt he gets the opportunity to highlight those skills the way he did in Baltimore on any other team. Maybe that's changed now with how prolific Shanahan's offense is around the league.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kawalimus posted:

We're screwed against the Chiefs regardless because Harbaugh is badly outcoached by Reid every single time.

If the Ravens beat the Chiefs by multiple TDs Week 2 how would you feel?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I love the Mahomes no look pass. Defense did everything right. Just nothing to be done about an insane individual achievement like that. Reminds me of the leaping TD pass Mahomes threw in the Superbowl. Except you know, the WR caught it.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

kiimo posted:

That wasn't his only leaping TD pass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE5DtEuuV2Y

he's weird. He's a weirdo. Nothing he does should work

That's nothing. A bunch of QBs do that. What he did in the Superbowl was impossible. Flatly, simply, impossible. And his WR dropped it.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Going from Rivers to Herbert is the biggest likability upgrade at QB I've seen. Phil was fun to watch but oh so clearly a total loving rear end in a top hat. Probably won't be topped till the Steelers go from Roethlisberger to literally anyone else.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Truly disgusting that a Brady led team has done something good. All credit to Arians, who actually does own.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Honestly, it makes sense for people will tens of millions in disposable income to invest a little in pure speculation markets. It'd be cool if he put that money into something that could theoretically help people but financially speaking it's fine.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

kiimo posted:

???

He's had one concussion and it was at Tech

Uhhhh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_xfXiUbyu8

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
He looked pretty dazed. I certainly wouldn't put it past an NFL team, or their doctors, to conceal the true nature of an injury to a star QB.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Lots of issues but Reed, Moss, and Barry Sanders being so low stick out like a sore thumb.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

I remember there being interest in both these backs last year so it makes sense to kick the tires. Hopefully it's interest in replacing Justice Hill and not Ty'son Williams. Williams has looked like a starting caliber RB.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Ooof. That's probably a career. He seemed like a legit draft prospect too.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
If the Ravens were any other team I'd say the depth is fine. Gus is a very good RB1 and Ty'son Williams seems to be a solid back up option.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
14 mil APY is a fair price for Andrews, depending on the details. Top 5 TE that is by far the best receiver Lamar has had. Would be really cool if he got over the badly timed drops though.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

D-LINK posted:

Counterpoint; starting LT Al Villaneuva

RT, the easiest position on the line in a Lamar led offense. It's still pretty bad. Villanueva sucks.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It's still a majority white nation.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I don't get how anyone looks at the AFC North and sees a team more likely than the Steelers to explode into a puddle of piss. In a 7 team playoff field Browns and Ravens are nearly guaranteed spots.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Sour Diesel posted:

this thought is exactly why the steelers are winning the north again fyi

They were awful last year and won the North so this tracks.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

AndrewP posted:

I kinda feel bad for Chase because he accidently gave an honest answer and now is getting killed for it.

He's not gonna drop balls forever, what would concern me is the reports that he wasn't separating well in camp. Then I hear "well separation wasn't really part of his game" which is also concerning for a top 5 pick

His whole thing was Anquan Boldin but faster so an inability to catch is what I'd be most concerned about.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Those are two dudes it'd be really cool to get rings. I've always felt bad that Houston just barely missed out on the Chiefs' win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Lamar being such an ignorant gently caress is really harming my ability to enjoy him as a player.