Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

fartknocker posted:

This is the same guy who screams for a flag if a defensive player so much as breathes on him.

I think that's probably the sneaky biggest reason he's still playing at 43.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

sharknado slashfic posted:

Huh I didn't know Josh Allen was unvaxxed. Wonder how I missed that.

Pretty sure he is vaccinated. He had some of the earlier "need to do my research" comments in the offseason, but he's since been appearing in press conferences without a mask and accepting sponsorship deals.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

How is this possible?

https://twitter.com/nfl_memes/status/1433534233276936192?s=21

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Asproigerosis posted:

Nah, neither fan base gives a single poo poo about the other. At worst they'd probably fight over who is the biggest Joe paternity stan.

Wouldn't say that's strictly true. About a third of the NY fans I meet try to treat it like a low octane Yankees/Mets.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Can't he just go the gently caress away already? It's enough.

Maybe we owe Belichick an apology. The Patriot Way kept Brady from making banal quips that somehow become twice weekly headlines.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ehud posted:

Does Miami have high expectations?

Most NFL media people have Miami missing the playoffs and finishing third in the east.

Really? They were a 10-win team last year and they got a lot of new pieces. People just hate Tua that much?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Early-mid first round WRs rarely end up being a Pro Bowl level player, let alone even the best in their class.

2020: Ruggs, Jeudy, and Lamb all lag behind Jefferson (fifth receiver selected). Still too early to say anything definitively.
2019: AJ Brown went in the second after Marquise Brown, N'Keal Harry, Deebo Samuel. DK Metcalf went in the late second.
2018: No one selected until the very late first; Moore and especially Ridley deserved to go earlier.
2017: Davis and Williams are good-not-great starters and John Ross is a bust. Smith-Schuster went in the second, Cooper Kupp and Chris Godwin went in the third.
2016: Michael Thomas went in the 2nd and Tyreek Hill went in the 5th. No one selected in the top 10 but all the first-rounders are busts (Coleman, Doctson) or quasi-busts (Will Fuller).
2015: Amari Cooper was maybe worth his pre-draft hype, although not for the team that drafted him. Then it was Kevin White, DeVante Parker, Nelson Agholor, Breshad Perriman. Tyler Lockett and Stefon Diggs went in the fifth.
2014: Watkins was absolutely not worth it. Mike Evans and Odell Beckham were. Brandon Cooks was selected 20th so, I don't know, push?
2013: Tavon Austin went at 8, DeAndre Hopkins didn't go until 27. Keenan Allen went in the third.
2012: Justin Blackmon, Michael Floyd, Kendall Wright were your early-mid firsts. Alshon Jeffery went in the 2nd, Mo Sanu and TY Hilton in the 3rd.
2011: AJ Green and Julio Jones happened.
2010: Demaryius Thomas and Dez Bryant went at 22 and 24 respectively.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Professor Funk posted:

We'll see what happens this year, but the 2020 WR class could be a 2011-type class. I wouldn't be surprised if Lamb was a genuine star this year.

Right, I suspect him and Jeudy would be bolded names if I did this exercise a year from now. Nevertheless,

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

Not arguing against your point here exactly but Deebo's got a chance still I think? He just needs to get over getting injured or going on the Covid list constantly.

Didn't mean to imply he was a N'Keal Harry level player, just noting that he was selected before AJ Brown. Even if he does develop into a Pro Bowler, though, he's still a second rounder!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Jackson is also negotiating for his first major pay day and cannot accept sponsorship deals without getting vaxxed. This could be costing him millions of dollars.