Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Wasn't this motherfucker broke like a year ago?

More proof that rich white men can't ever do anything but fail upwards. I think I know where this is, way up there above the valley floor where they can destroy the side of a mountain in order to construct grotesque monuments to human ego like this ugly poo poo

sharknado slashfic posted:

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1433041700650471431?s=20

Wonder what the context is being left out in that last sentence

I seriously doubt anyone said or even implied that it solved every problem Bill. But it solves and/or ameliorates the biggest problems.

Anyways, check out one of the more bizarre sports stories I've seen in a while, the case of the nonexistent high school:

https://www.10tv.com/article/news/local/what-we-know-about-bishop-sycamore-after-florida-img-game/530-6cc523f4-30df-49e5-92df-86adbdd7f528

quote:

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Many questions have surfaced after a Columbus-based high school football team played Sunday night in a nationally televised game on ESPN.

The contest between Bishop Sycamore and Florida’s IMG Academy at Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium in Canton was a blowout, with IMG Academy winning 58-0.

Questions were raised by announcers during the broadcast about the legitimacy of Bishop Sycamore.

“Bishop Sycamore told us they had a number of Division I prospects on their roster. To be honest, a lot of that we could not verify,” one commentator said.

Following the game, multiple outlets reported that Bishop Sycamore also had played a game Friday night in western Pennsylvania.

Here's what we know about Bishop Sycamore:

10 Investigates has discovered that Bishop Sycamore is not listed as a charter school with the Ohio Department of Education.

Last year, it was listed as a “non-charter, non-tax supported school.”

A spokeswoman for the Ohio Department of Education wrote in an email that: “As of last Friday Bishop Sycamore had not submitted an annual notification to be listed with the Department as a Non-chartered, Non-Tax school for the 2021-22 school year. They have until 9/30 to do so.”

Documents provided by the state from last year show the school planned to use a “blended attendance and learning model” and that both “online and traditional learning.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Derek Fcking Carr posted:

The idea that Mark Davis was broke was a dumb meme

I was being tongue in cheek, rich white men, especially rich white men who had very rich fathers and own football franchises, are never truly broke. There is always more money available to them in all kinds of different ways. Even if they owe hundreds of millions of dollars they are neither broke nor truly in debt.

Anyways that has little bearing on that gross rear end house he is building. What I will say is it fits the community of Henderson quite well, so kudos to him for sensing that

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Bill Dungsroman posted:

Impart to me, in as much detail as you choose, your knowledge of the community of Henderson. I've lived here for 20 years and it's very nice.

I live there too, at least most of the time. We talked about it one time I believe but maybe you don't remember. And if you've ever been to the top of the valley or inside any of the countless gated communities, country clubs, or retirement communities in the area (or, god forbid, the unholy fusions of all three of those things) I think you'd agree that it's full of rich, classless lich fucks who love nothing so much as an ostentatious display of wealth like that Mark Davis abomination.

My boss lives in an incredibly rich gated community, every single house is custom, enormous, usually butt-ugly and has Rolls Royces and Lamborghinis and Jaguars outside, although that's just because the four car garages are filled up already. One was built to look like the white house crossed with a southern plantation and is easily one of the trashiest things I've ever seen. That's setting aside the fact that people shouldn't even live here, every second these overly spacious mansions have the AC blasting, which is pretty much all day, the earth gets murdered a little bit more. The monthly electricity costs for these places can easily exceed five grand.

Everyone in Henderson isn't like that, there are plenty of normal people just going about their life, but a large chunk of what is now Henderson is just pure poo poo and that ugly house will fit beautifully. Henderson can look nice, and be clean and decent, and there's plenty of good people here, but it has no soul and is way too stuffed with rich twats and everything that comes along with that. Feel free to disagree but that's my feeling after spending too many years here

Ches Neckbeard posted:

My favorite part is the school is registered with some org in loving Texas

https://twitter.com/Hawk/status/1432831690938806272

This whole thing is insanely weird. I feel bad for these kids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saNer4x94kM

Barudak posted:

I can't wait to wake up tomorrow morning and not pay attention to a goddamn thing at work and watch football instead

I know you're in a different time zone but I doubt you've managed to be an entire week ahead of the rest of us

This year week 1 doesn't start until two thursdays from the last preseason game. Almost like the 4th preseason game still exists, but as a ghost or some poo poo

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Barudak posted:

Well then, gently caress this week to hell and throw it in the trash bin what the gently caress.

that's actually a good mantra for *checks notes* yep, pretty much all the time