Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is worse, Neelix or O'Brien
Neelix
O'Brien
Goku
The most attractive part of the penis is the jizz vein
View Results

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Neelix loving blows. O'Brien solved problems and was a working man.

Sing it with me now. Colm Meany.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
O'Brien was actually a talented tech guy who got shat on by the rest of the universe for no reason while Neelix pretty much deserved every bit of misfortune that befell him x10.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

did they ever address how playing poker with data wouldn't actually be possible or that playing geordi, a guy who could see through the cards wouldn't exactly be fair either

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Big Beef City posted:

did they ever address how playing poker with data wouldn't actually be possible or that playing geordi, a guy who could see through the cards wouldn't exactly be fair either

Why wouldn't it be possible to play against Data? If he could take command of a ship and deal with negotiations with alien species and hostile situations, I'm sure he could beep boop his way through poker. Maybe. Maybe he would learn what a bluff is.

I don't watch too much Trek so I might be wrong, but Data played that one game where he changed his tactics to be a statemate against that champion game player. He can learn new ways of doing things.

Jesus loving Christ I'm on the internet talking about Trek, someone hand me some kanar

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Mr.Tophat posted:

Why wouldn't it be possible to play against Data? If he could take command of a ship and deal with negotiations with alien species and hostile situations, I'm sure he could beep boop his way through poker. Maybe. Maybe he would learn what a bluff is.

I don't watch too much Trek so I might be wrong, but Data played that one game where he changed his tactics to be a statemate against that champion game player. He can learn new ways of doing things.

Jesus loving Christ I'm on the internet talking about Trek, someone hand me some kanar

I think the question was not how would Data play poker, but how would you beat him since he can count cards and calculate every probability of every hand without any question

he was just being nice and holding back

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Supreme Allah posted:

Geordi, creepy punk who was really just Datas assistant end of the day

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Supreme Allah posted:

I think the question was not how would Data play poker, but how would you beat him since he can count cards and calculate every probability of every hand without any question

There's a scene in the Cincinatti Kid where there's a poker game and one of the players calculates the odds of winning hands as he plays. He is confounded when he loses.

Modern ways of playing poker don't allow for counting cards so much. If you're playing texas hold em only seven cards are known to you ultimately. I don't know about other forms of poker.

You can calculate probability but you have to run that chance. And there's a chance that you're playing against someone who isn't playing rationally.

I go all in on a pair of twos. Is it probable that I have good cards based on this action? Who loving knows! You'll have to read my face and body language. Or make a logical beep boop decision based on what logic you have. But if I'm acting illogically, your prediction won't come true.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Why didn't Geordi's visor shoot laser or phaser beams or something? I don't remember much about TNG but I'm sure it would have come in handy a few times, like Data's super strength.

benitocereno
Apr 14, 2005

Doctor Rope
It's Neelix, O'Brien is the galaxies most poo poo-upon person but he seems to be some kind of stone cold killer with terrible taste in women

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
My only beef with Geordie is that his last name was "LaForge". Might as well of had Captain Jean-Luc GivesOrders if you're gonna be that on the nose

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Supreme Allah posted:

Counting cards isn't useful in conventional poker because you can't properly calculate odds using your own hand. It's not Blackjack, Data can at best make guesses at what you have based on the fact that you don't have the cards he does. Data was also famously autistic unable to read people so he couldn't gauge bluffs for poo poo. If anything Data was getting sharked.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Who What Now posted:

Counting cards isn't useful in conventional poker because you can't properly calculate odds using your own hand. It's not Blackjack, Data can at best make guesses at what you have based on the fact that you don't have the cards he does. Data was also famously autistic unable to read people so he couldn't gauge bluffs for poo poo. If anything Data was getting sharked.

yeah I'm sure the impossible card counting robot that could store an impossible number of facial recognition patterns in his posinutronic brain to read tells was getting sharked.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Big Beef City posted:

yeah I'm sure the impossible card counting robot that could store an impossible number of facial recognition patterns in his posinutronic brain to read tells was getting sharked.

Yeah, the robot who was easily tricked by every single person who could even conceive of the concept of lying was definitely a master of detecting subterfuge lmao

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

See how badly being in a relationship with Neelix messes you up?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Mr.Tophat posted:

How about some nice cold Tranya?

E:

or some of this poo poo: https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Chech%27tluth

wesleywillis fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Sep 2, 2021

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
Let's jusr accept thar Data could play poker to a fair level, otherwise the rest of the officer staff is insane to keep inviting him to every game

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I mean Picard is there to cuck them and Riker is giggling while jacking off under the table, I don't have any pretense what the robot Superman or the dude who can see through the cards is doing, c'mon

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Data, you mean Tasha Yar’s sex robot?

Remember when they tricked Starfleet into granting human rights to a sex robot? :lol:

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Wasn’t neelixs species basically evolved to be huge lamewads

Like O’Brien chose to be that way

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I think the real question here is which character is the bigger Chad?

Captain Kirk or Commander Riker?

Although Riker is a mack daddy, I still think captain Kirk macked on way more bitches.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Netflix. they canceled ozarks. like what the gently caress

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Who What Now posted:

My only beef with Geordie is that his last name was "LaForge". Might as well of had Captain Jean-Luc GivesOrders if you're gonna be that on the nose

He started as helmsman and was only made chief engineer in season 2 when one of the other actors' astroturfed write in fan campaign failed

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Wasn’t neelixs species basically evolved to be huge lamewads

Like O’Brien chose to be that way

Yeah I distinctly remember the senior staff debating about keeping Neelix and it boiled down to him knowing about the Delta Quadrant and also he came from a race of huge pussies

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

kntfkr posted:

Netflix. they canceled ozarks. like what the gently caress

what about the oa

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Lawman 0 posted:

The virtual ship wife is genuinely uncomfortable.

Do you mean the episode where the real version of the virtual wife ends up being the one who apologizes?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Bula Vinaka posted:

what about the oa

arguably the best show about dancing to stop columbine on any streaming service

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Do you mean the episode where the real version of the virtual wife ends up being the one who apologizes?

The 90s (and apparently 2370s) were a wild time man

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I like when Colm Meaney appears in the DS9 documentary and he’s playing along but it’s clear his time on the show was just a small part of his long career and he’s done tons of other stuff in the decades since. While many of the other DS9 actors had that as their peak and never came close to anything as big.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Neelix was annoying. O'Brien was just there. I wonder at what point the production crew realized that rando tech no. 4 was an actual good actor and decided to make use of him.

Neelix was the focus of one of the dumb episodes at the end of Voyager. At the start of the series Janeway announces that they are 10,000,000 years away from home at top speed and BTW, we have two new crew from the area who will be useful for two weeks as we speed home. Seven (or whatever) years of speeding thru the galaxy, including several times when a million (or so) years were taken off their voyage they arrive at a planet of hedgehog people, one of which knows Neelix. You would think that someone on Voyager would ask how the hell they got there so drat fast and can we borrow that tech to get home. Nope. Not once.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I like conan he is funny, golden age of simpsons i tell ya

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
like there's even a comparison

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Everyone forgets O'Brien spends like 90% of his free time playing VR dressup with Bashir, and also taught Rom to be a communist

Neelix is really just a lovely knockoff of Quark

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Everyone forgets O'Brien spends like 90% of his free time playing VR dressup with Bashir, and also taught Rom to be a communist

Neelix is really just a lovely knockoff of Quark

Neelix is a lovely ripoff of the Outrageous Okona

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Y'all mother fuckers forgot about Smiley.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
I'm pretty sure Janeway only sent Neelix on so many away missions because she was trying to get him killed.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
If you voted O'brien then you should know that we are now forever posting enemies

e: typo as I am shaking with rage

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

cult_hero posted:

Neither of them are really pathetic, they're just well suited to their posts. O'Brian never seemed to have much ambition beyond just being a technical fix it guy and Neelix was just a colorful loser who could cook, positions at which they generally excelled.

Even Barclay isn't that bad, he still had a chance to blossom once getting off of the enterprise.

Neelix couldn't cook, that was part of the "joke" of the character. Janeway kept him around because the crew hated him and she was a sociopath who enjoyed tormenting them.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Oh wow, a thread that gives me an excuse to post two of my favorite gifs!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

I think the real question here is which character is the bigger Chad?

Captain Kirk or Commander Riker?

Although Riker is a mack daddy, I still think captain Kirk macked on way more bitches.

Kirk's been with more women but Riker has, 100%, hosed more people in total.

Riker wins.