Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Cards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

Cardinals -17.5 over the Texans; I don't think I've ever seen a spread that big?

in the general NFL thread, I posted the largest spread ever was jags +28 vs early 2010s denver

they did not cover

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
In the Huddleboard group that I'm part of within the SAS site, there seems to have been a slight glitch on the site where a few folk have managed to pick an extra team. We only play the pick'em and eliminator and both of those on top in each game have an impossible score for this point in the season. Any chance one of the site admins can have a look when they get a chance ?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

El Patron posted:

In the Huddleboard group that I'm part of within the SAS site, there seems to have been a slight glitch on the site where a few folk have managed to pick an extra team. We only play the pick'em and eliminator and both of those on top in each game have an impossible score for this point in the season. Any chance one of the site admins can have a look when they get a chance ?

Yeah, dm me the people's sas usernames and games and I can make the dupes go away.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
This week is a heck of a lot more difficult to guess than the last couple.

Hawks/Jaguars, Eagles/Lions, Broncos/WFT, Titans/Colts, Panthers/Falcons all tough ones to call. I find myself choosing the nominal underdog in most of those actually

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I was doing okay until last weekend.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Is there an easy way to figure out what your pick em record would be if you just followed the spread for every single game?

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Play posted:

This week is a heck of a lot more difficult to guess than the last couple.

Hawks/Jaguars, Eagles/Lions, Broncos/WFT, Titans/Colts, Panthers/Falcons all tough ones to call. I find myself choosing the nominal underdog in most of those actually

Rams over the Texans :)

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Play posted:

Is there an easy way to figure out what your pick em record would be if you just followed the spread for every single game?

this has been a todo for me since we took it over, it would probably be easier to make an account and pick the faves each week.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

daslog posted:

Rams over the Texans :)

hot pick of the week, folks!

(I'm more talking about pickem. I already dropped a week in eliminator when the poopass saints lost to the Giants although at least that's the only one I missed)

Qwijib0 posted:

this has been a todo for me since we took it over, it would probably be easier to make an account and pick the faves each week.

huh that's a good idea. maybe next year I can run the 'all chalk' account as well

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Looking to rain perfect in reverse, I'm counting out the Texans.

My one blemish eliminator pick will stay on track with the Jets doing what they do, lose to an opposing team.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Play posted:

huh that's a good idea. maybe next year I can run the 'all chalk' account as well

Nobody take my secrets, my pick'em has been "all chalk" for years. I figure if you fucks can't beat chalk you deserve to lose.

It's not quite chalk this year and I think I forgot to pick a Thursday game one week though.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this is called hedging your bet. pro move

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
A new bloodbath entry appears.

Edit: drat was almost 50%

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
gently caress the bengals

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Nooooo, bloodbaths are only funny when they don't happen to me

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Can't be in a bloodbath if you've already lost once!

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I'm still alive in eliminator, and I'm riding the dolphins to victory against the Texans next week.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I got wiped out in pick em. 6-8 pending tonight's game. Should've just gone chalk, I took some chances with the Lions and Jaguars that... well let's just say they didn't exactly pan out

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Knocked out with the Cowboys loss, which sucks, but is also cool

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I lost eliminator yet again lol Bills

I'm still perfect in Reverse. I know you can lose Bears!

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

Was perfect in Elim and Reverse up until this week. drat you Saints and Bills!

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I almost switched to Baltimore since it was really the last week to use them based on their schedule and I chickened out.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Made it through another week in Eliminator. Only 10 of us left going into tonight.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Every time I switch my eliminator bet I get eliminated. I killed the cowboys and I'm not going to apologize for it.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

At this point I might finish closer to 0-18 than 18-0

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

chrix posted:

Was perfect in Elim and Reverse up until this week. drat you Saints and Bills!

I never learn, never pick the saints

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Taerkar posted:

At this point I might finish closer to 0-18 than 18-0

Reverse Reverse Eliminator?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

in addition to being wrong in everything this week, I also lost all three legs of my three-leg parlay, just to rub it in

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

Qwijib0 posted:

Wacky things always happen in Saints/Falcons games, I should have known better

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Eifert Posting posted:

Every time I switch my eliminator bet I get eliminated. I killed the cowboys and I'm not going to apologize for it.

Damnit, Eifert! I should have looked at what you were betting.

Qwijib0 posted:

Also never bet a divisional game, so really you were destined to fail.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
What amazes me is that I'm only 4-5 in Eliminator and several grand in the hole in Funbucks, yet I'm somehow 9-0 in Reverse Eliminator.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
There were 11 left alive before the week started, but the Ravens losing to the Dolphins took out 3 people already.

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
let me briefly revel in having clawed my way to the top of the funbucks standings. i am sure i will no longer be there after today.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
FU Steelers.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I got six games right this week, lol

also

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
I can't believe that there are still two people who are perfect. I'm gutted at this point and only finishing the season out of pride and commitment. I take solace in the fact that all three of my losses were bloodbaths.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

I got six games right this week, lol

also

this is art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

For those not closely looking: the titans won by 2, lol, it's just perfect