Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
My reverse hinges on the 9ers losing tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

drat, after looking at my performance this week I expected to drop like a rock on the leaderboards for spread and standard pick-em. Guess it was a rough week for everyone.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Picked the Steelers in regular and Panthers in reverse, then didn't think about it again until it was too late :cry:

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
That's the first time a tie has eliminated me.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this is my 10th year using the fun web site. i believe the fun website is 12 or more years old but i don't know. happy anniversary. my worst years for eliminator were 10-7 and then a year i missed some games and went 7-7. 6-4 so far this year. very good at it

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

SirPablo posted:

My reverse hinges on the 9ers losing tonight.

gently caress

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

Cavauro posted:

this is my 10th year using the fun web site. i believe the fun website is 12 or more years old but i don't know. happy anniversary. my worst years for eliminator were 10-7 and then a year i missed some games and went 7-7. 6-4 so far this year. very good at it

u r 2nd in funbucks tho

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

used to have 60k. it's all gone

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm 9-1 in Eliminator only because of that god awful 9-6 Bills game lol

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Congrats to Kalensc for winning eliminator. Also, what happens to Tennessee?

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
gently caress.

This was the longest I’d ever played eliminator consecutively. I think. Oh well. Now to see if I I can be 17-1 or whatever and get my best score ever.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
What's the earliest there has been a winner because this feels so early.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
I'm on a 4 game Eliminator losing streak lmao

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

ColdBlooded posted:

I'm on a 4 game Eliminator losing streak lmao

Same. And I wasn't getting cute with any of them, they all should've been safe choices

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Olanphonia posted:

What's the earliest there has been a winner because this feels so early.

There appears to be no easy way to go week by week in previous seasons, week 11 does seem very early through.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

*looks at the remaining pick options for eliminator and starts sobbing uncontrollably*

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score
I'm in the final five of 2 100+ people eliminator pools. I have no idea who to pick this week. Leaning toward Cincy or Houston but both make me not very comfortable.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Do you have the Eagles available? Because whoo boy.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Tank44 posted:

I'm in the final five of 2 100+ people eliminator pools. I have no idea who to pick this week. Leaning toward Cincy or Houston but both make me not very comfortable.

Of those two, I would trust Cincy more.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

daslog posted:

Congrats to Kalensc for winning eliminator. Also, what happens to Tennessee?

Thanks! :yayclod:

Hope posting in here doesn't jinx my odds of 18-0. Although for weeks now I've been dreading Week 12 and its limited choices...

Tank44 posted:

I'm reluctantly leaning Cincy myself despite it being a divisional game. Houston would hugely depend on who starts at QB for the Jets.

I was liking Miami a bit until Cam made his resurgence. Chicago was a maybe a few weeks ago, and now it seems like Nagy is DoA.

I guess you have already used, or prefer not to use, N.E S.F. Bal and Was?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I set all my eliminator matches before week 1, and I'm loathe to change any, but I have steelers over cincy this week and I don't think that's wise.

e,. Ooh, maybe TEAM over the hawks. Seahawks suuuuck right now, and Team beat tom brady last week...

e2. not like it fuckin' matters, I'm 7-4 anyway lol

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Nov 24, 2021

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

I set all my eliminator matches before week 1, and I'm loathe to change any, but I have steelers over cincy this week and I don't think that's wise.

e,. Ooh, maybe TEAM over the hawks. Seahawks suuuuck right now, and Team beat tom brady last week...

e2. not like it fuckin' matters, I'm 7-4 anyway lol

After Week 4 I started setting them all, just to see which weeks looked the most problematic. I revisited the picks each week to see if slumps, injuries, or other factors had changed the outlook.

Luckily I managed to switch out of several original picks before they lost in upset fashion (switched from DalvDen to PitvChi, which allowed me to switch from PitvDet to DalvAtl, which allowed me to switch from TenvHou to ClevDet).

Obv I didn't foresee any of those upsets at all. I was just trying to use mediocre favored teams now and save playoff-bound teams for December/January.

Anyways, looking ahead I have 4-5 viable picks each of the remaining weeks. This upcoming Week 12 is def the hardest to gauge imo, and given the recent spate of upsets there are no "locked-in" picks hah.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Say what you will about the other elements of this coaching staff; they definitely don't seem to have the Steelers hang up then Marvin's staff did.

Bengals have the edge both running and defending the run over the Steelers and there's no reason to think the Bengals secondary will have any trouble with the Steelers' passing attack. Steelers absolutely can win if they force the Bengals to play behind and the pass rushers eat, but for that to happen a lot has to go wrong.I would say it's a pretty safe bet, but then again the Steelers won a game this year because an official ran a pick play on a defender after a stop, so who knows.

As far as NFL football goes it seems like a pretty smart option.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bengals are going to score 16 against pitt's borg. i have lost 5 eliminator matchups in a row

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Cavauro posted:

bengals are going to score 16 against pitt's borg. i have lost 5 eliminator matchups in a row

Scoring 16 versus The Borg is no small feat.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Grats to those who rolled the dice on the Bengals!

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

Woot!! Stuck with the Bengals and am now 12-0.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Tank44 posted:

Woot!! Stuck with the Bengals and am now 12-0.

:yayclod:

What teams with >.500 records thus far are still available for you for the final six weeks?

I ended up switching to New England today due to the Titans list of injuries. Would have been nice to use Cincy instead, but asides from Week 17 vJax I didn't see another good time to use the Pats anyways.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

making GBS threads all over myself

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
I think this is my worst week of all time and it's not even over

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

kalensc posted:

What teams with >.500 records thus far are still available for you for the final six weeks
I still have Bucs, Chargers, Raiders, Eagles, Ravens, Steelers, 49ers, Titans & Patriots as >.500 teams remaining.

Leaning on Eagles (@Jets), Titans (vJags), Bucs (vSaints), Falcons (vLions), Seahawks (vLions), & TBD (Blt,Ten,LV) to round out the season

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Tank44 posted:

I still have Bucs, Chargers, Raiders, Eagles, Ravens, Steelers, 49ers, Titans & Patriots as >.500 teams remaining.

Leaning on Eagles (@Jets), Titans (vJags), Bucs (vSaints), Falcons (vLions), Seahawks (vLions), & TBD (Blt,Ten,LV) to round out the season

I'd consider penciling in N.E hosting Jax in Week 17. It'd the only game they have left versus a non-playoff non-divisional opponent.

Gonna be tough to use the Ravens, I guess Week 18 makes the most sense hosting Pitt.

The Eagles were pretty anemic yesterday @NYG, and Wilson is back at QB for the Jets next Sunday. Might be worth keeping an eye on injuries etc in NYG@Miami and Was@L.V, see if the home team offers more security than the Eagles.

Or mayyyyybe Ravens at Heinz....T.J Watt is on the covid list, if a few others join him then that could be a big shift.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
finally hit on one of these stupid things :feelsgood:

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

Tank44 posted:

Had Eagles until last minute and swapped out for Bucs. Either were ok in the end.

This week seems to be a gimme with the Chargers over the Giants

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Tank44 posted:

Had Eagles until last minute and swapped out for Bucs. Either were ok in the end.

This week seems to be a gimme with the Chargers over the Giants

Any Given Sunday, never assume the gimme! Now toss some salt and knock on wood and say three hail mary's.

I thought long and hard about going with Miami, and arguably should have from a "maximize odds of 18-0", but the Rams did what was needed.

Looking ahead, I have a few reasonable options each week, plus some coinflip options if injuries derail my current targets:

W14: S.DvNYG or TenvJax
W15: BufvCar or MiavNYJ
W16: AtlvDet or PhivNYG
W17: S.FvHou or SeavDet
W18: BufvNYJ or Ten@Hou

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Welp, congrats to Paul Proteus for winning Reverse Eliminator. I should have picked the Raiders, but man I tried to be way too clever.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Welp, congrats to Paul Proteus for winning Reverse Eliminator. I should have picked the Raiders, but man I tried to be way too clever.

Thank you, sir.

I originally had picked Cleveland than changed it to the Raiders last second. I lucked out in this crazy season.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

finally, far too late, I have a good week

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Leperflesh posted:

Ah you bastard! I did the same thing except chose the Ravens to win so got that one wrong. Still, if the Cardinals get it going 13-1 is pretty awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

sorry about the cardinals