Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Paul Proteus posted:

Thank you, sir.

I originally had picked Cleveland than changed it to the Raiders last second. I lucked out in this crazy season.

Awesome stuff PP, congrats! Do you have some viable paths to 18-0?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
I think I've done a feature request for this before, but I believe the funbucks leader board should show total amount bet as the ranking metric by default, with total winning secondary. The spirit of funbucks is letting it ride, baby, and should be reflected in those rankings.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"

kalensc posted:

My hard week is 17. I have multiple choices with both teams available, but they are harder picks between two good teams. If I can get there I think I'll be good. We will see!

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
All the COVID games have probably been moved the the right spots, buyer beware, etc

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score
As tempting as the Eagles are (moreover how WFT isn't). Am sticking to 49ers this week.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Tank44 posted:

As tempting as the Eagles are (moreover how WFT isn't). Am sticking to 49ers this week.

Who I'm looking at still for the remaining weeks. No real priority order as of yet:

pre:
Wk Tm1&Opp Tm2&Opp Tm3&Opp Tm4&Opp
-- ------- ------- ------- -------
15 BufvCar MiavNYJ S.FvAtl PhivWas
16 AtlvDet PhivNYG SeavChi
17 BufvAtl S.FvHou MiavTen
18 BufvNYJ MinvChi Ten@Hou

Looks like I missed out on using Tenn at full strength. Hoping Buffalo figures themselves out for the week I select them.

I'm tempted to use the Dolphins tomorrow just so I keep the Buf/S.F W17 choices available. Limiting future options really puts you at the mercy of injuries and omicron.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Dangit, didn't see the Dolphins spread nosedive due to injuries etc until it was locked in as my pick.

Not looking good :smith:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
e: I'm dumb and forgot I already bet on something, my bad.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

kalensc posted:

Who I'm looking at still for the remaining weeks. No real priority order as of yet:

pre:

Looks like I missed out on using Tenn at full strength. Hoping Buffalo figures themselves out for the week I select them.

I'm tempted to use the Dolphins tomorrow just so I keep the Buf/S.F W17 choices available. Limiting future options really puts you at the mercy of injuries and omicron.

Hooray Dolphins & Eagles :toot:

pre:

Glad to see Buffalo right the ship, feel much better about picking them if they're pushing for a division title in Wk18.

Hou had some potent offense today though, hmm. S.F does have 10 days between games though, that's a nice advantage.

Anyone else still alive in their off-site eliminators or reverses?

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score
I just lost out on the espn eliminator thanks to the Seahawks this week. Still alive in 2 large, 2 strike eliminator with only like 5 teams left. Going with NE next week vs Jags. Then tbd for week 18.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I think the schedule might have changed? I can change the picks for some games in progress, while other games are locked that have not started,

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Yeah, that does appear to be the case, I missed the changes this week.

Don't be a jerk I guess. Bets are timestamped in the db so I can find shenanigans.

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!
I'm beginning to think my 5 way heavy favorite moneyline funbuck parley may not have been a great idea

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

dollars and money at the same time

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Woot, my first clean sweep

In the era of covid, the tiniest of accomplishments can feel pretty good

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
congrats on making it to the end, even after being the last standing.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Qwijib0 posted:

congrats on making it to the end, even after being the last standing.

Thanks for running (w ElFurb & Multigl) an awesome site year-in year-out! :yayclod:

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

kalensc posted:

Thanks for running (w ElFurb & Multigl) an awesome site year-in year-out! :yayclod:

I promise you we are not in talks to be acquired by the new york times

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
For pickem I could have changed my pick to the Raiders to guarantee a solo first place, but that is kind of lame for a free contest. Haunted by all the Thursday games I forgot about while driving home from work. East Coast bias :argh:

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Funbucks salvaged with an all or nothing play. Ended up with a net gain for the year!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

4th in pick-em, 200k funbucks, and .500 in eliminator

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Playoffs are in, time to start your redemption tour

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Pain of Mind posted:

For pickem I could have changed my pick to the Raiders to guarantee a solo first place, but that is kind of lame for a free contest. Haunted by all the Thursday games I forgot about while driving home from work. East Coast bias :argh:

Not going to lie, I did change my pick-em to the Raiders to gain ground. Apparently I'm a math dummy or wasn't paying attention, I thought it was going to put me in the first place tie.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"

kalensc posted:

Wanted to brag on my reverse eliminator going 18-0. First time I've done it on either regular or reverse.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Paul Proteus posted:

Wanted to brag on my reverse eliminator going 18-0. First time I've done it on either regular or reverse.

this is impressive, reverse I find harder because in general "who is good this week" is harder than "pick against the lions every week and get 15 wins"

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Paul Proteus posted:

:hfive:

elfurbe
Dec 22, 2005
That guy with the thing

Paul Proteus posted:

First, this is impressive, good show.

Second, this screenshot reminded me that it says "<team> over <team>" when you're viewing user reverse eliminator bets which is nonsensical and has bugged me forever and I never remember to fix it. GUESS WHAT.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

thgank you

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
If you're 2-0 in the playoff eliminator, raise your hand.

*raises hand*

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

If you're 2-0 in the playoff eliminator, raise your hand.

*raises hand*

2-0 in Pick'Em but lost in Playoff Eliminator when I swapped out of a team I needed to "save" for the Super Bowl and chose the Titans. :smith:

kalensc fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jan 24, 2022

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

2-0. Glad I picked the Rams this week so I don't have to do that to myself for the rest of the playoffs :sweatdrop:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm not poo poo but i got a lot of money

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I bet against Touchdown Tom :smug:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

it says the season's over, is it down for maintenance

oh yeah I think this is the first time I won funbucks all year?

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jan 24, 2022

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

it says the season's over, is it down for maintenance

oh yeah I think this is the first time I won funbucks all year?

It says season over as soon as there are no games left to bet on and we have to import the schedule a week at a time for the playoffs so as soon as the playoff games for the weekend are over you see that message

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
The users page looks....a bit wonky?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

JPrime posted:

The users page looks....a bit wonky?

I have never used the favorites feature, but am seeing the same thing. I'll look into it

also champ week games in

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh of course, I supposed the game automatically imported playoff games from some site or another but it makes sense there's buttons to push.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Yeah, it could definitely be scripted like the line pulls which would also allow flexes to happen automatically but not having a reliable game source persist from season to season means the importer is always changing and I'd rather be at the console if it goes south (so far so good!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

let chaos reign

wanna see the niners beat the bengals in the superbowl like it's 1989 again and I'm putting all my money where my mouth is
also scoring > not scoring